Old 05-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard
Default Free Xbox From Microsoft when you purchase a PC

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b...u-covered.aspx

You have to have a .edu addy or an ID

Quote:
While the current school year is coming to a close, it's never too early to start thinking ahead to next year. Are you about to head to college this fall for the first time? Planning another year on campus? Worried what next year has in store? Wondering what you'll need, how you'll succeed or what fun adventures will be around the corner? We can't predict the future but here at Microsoft, we've come up with a way to help you succeed in the coming year, while building on the fun and friendships that are key to your life. And starting May 22nd for a limited time, we are bringing students a very special offer.

When students buy a Windows 7 PC over $699, they will receive a FREE Xbox 360*.

You can buy any kind of PC, although we recommend a few specifically for students like the HP Pavillion DM4 a great entertainment system on the go, the Dell Inspiron 14r a stylish powerful 14” PC, and the Samsung Series 9 a computer that has been described as looking like it is about to rocket off the runway. Ask Ben the PC guy, he has one! If you are still trying to figure out what might be the best option for you, you can use the PC Scout, an interactive app available on windows.com that helps you find a perfect match.

If you have a .edu email address you can purchase your new PC through one of our participating retailers including Dell.com, HP.com or Microsoft Store. If you don't have a .edu address or prefer to walk into a store, touch the PCs and test their features, bring your Student ID into Best Buy or any Microsoft Store retail location Check with your chosen retailer for additional specifics they may have in place.

Once you are set up with the perfect PC for school and play, there is still more! With this offer, you get an Xbox 360 4GB console with your Windows 7 PC purchase over $699 - no cost and no strings! While a Windows 7 PC is perfect for staying connected to your social networks, surfing the web, gaming and streaming videos, music and more, when you add the power of Xbox 360, you've got a world of entertainment at your fingertips. You'll never lack for opponents with the huge network of gamers playing on PCs and Xbox 360 consoles**, so it's easy to find friends or players at your level. And it's easy to stream music, TV and more from your PC directly to your Xbox 360.

The offer is available in the United States starting May 22, so you'll have to wait a few days until you can rush into the store. End dates vary by retailer so shop early! It's also coming soon in France and Canada.

Remember you're not the only one heading to college. Get ready to be the coolest kid on your dorm floor with a killer new Windows 7 PC and an Xbox 360 - all you really need for college.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Ill give someone $100 if they no want xbox.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Find someone you know going to college if you yourself isn't and take advantage of this pretty good offer.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Yea. I build my own so yea Id have to find someone. I dont know anyone going to college so Ill have to do some wire taps and chat hacking to find someone thats gonna do it. Then wait for them to leave the store and Ill Teryll Owen their ass.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Yea. I build my own so yea Id have to find someone. I dont know anyone going to college so Ill have to do some wire taps and chat hacking to find someone thats gonna do it. Then wait for them to leave the store and Ill Teryll Owen their ass.
Sounds like a solid plan
Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I got a letter in the mail about this yesterday.. what's funny is I was considering getting an Xbox for Gears 3 the other day. This would be a step up over fixing my friend's old one, but I might as well just buy a damn Xbox.. $700 my ass.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I got a letter in the mail about this yesterday.. what's funny is I was considering getting an Xbox for Gears 3 the other day. This would be a step up over fixing my friend's old one, but I might as well just buy a damn Xbox.. $700 my ass.
Well it's great if you NEED a PC sometime soon. It would be retarded to buy a $700 laptop just to get a $200 Xbox
Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

its like the free yugos when you bought a real car
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Well it's great if you NEED a PC sometime soon. It would be retarded to buy a $700 laptop just to get a $200 Xbox
Oh ya. But you know people are going to be jumping all over this deal regardless. It isn't even that great a deal. I was just poking fun while shamelessly throwing in my name for a cheap Xbox. >.>
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote