Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #81
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Now I admit...I can't go out and shoot my Glock...my AR15 or my Mossberg shotgun in the yard but I think that is more of a city and state law issue than a HOA's.
Is it a state law that you can't shoot in a city, you are referring to? We've blitz the hell out of shit in the country with similar weapons in NC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #82
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Is it a state law that you can't shoot in a city, you are referring to? We've blitz the hell out of shit in the country with similar weapons in NC.
I think so...or at least so close to an occupied dwelling or something like that. I also live in the town of Mooresville so I'm sure there is a city ordinance against it too. I won't mention how I killed the skunk...but I didn't own the pellet rifle at the time.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #83
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I think so...or at least so close to an occupied dwelling or something like that. I also live in the town of Mooresville so I'm sure there is a city ordinance against it too. I won't mention how I killed the skunk...but I didn't own the pellet rifle at the time.
city ordinance I am sure there is one. I don't think there is statewide though. Just think of all the rednecks out in the middle of nowhere that sit on their deck shooting trees and shit. If there is, it's not policed at all.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #84
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
city ordinance I am sure there is one. I don't think there is statewide though. Just think of all the rednecks out in the middle of nowhere that sit on their deck shooting trees and shit. If there is, it's not policed at all.
No I meant within so many feet of an occupied dwelling (not the shooters dwelling) and within so many feet of a state highway. The rednecks in the middle of nowhere can probably shoot wherever they want for the most part.

I use the term redneck only because you did. I probably fall into that category too in some peoples eyes.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #85
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
No I meant within so many feet of an occupied dwelling (not the shooters dwelling) and within so many feet of a state highway. The rednecks in the middle of nowhere can probably shoot wherever they want for the most part.

I use the term redneck only because you did. I probably fall into that category too in some peoples eyes.
I am definitely a coonass, which is southern louisiana's (northern louisiana tries to claim it too, but they are ignorant rednecks) version of redneck. Redneck isn't a bad term to me.
Quote:
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #86
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

My hunting buddy who lives an hour north of GR hunts deer from his front porch. But he also lives on 120 acres so who the fuck is going to complain. Red neck living at it's best.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:21 AM   #87
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/HOA..._Remove_Bumper

Vet's Patriotic Stickers
Under Fire

Published : Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 10:45 PM CDT

* James Rose

DALLAS - Frank Larison is a disabled veteran with more than 14 years of service, including more than a year of combat duty in Vietnam.

The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.

"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," the veteran told FOX 4.

The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed.

Otherwise, the homeowners association for The Woodlands II on The Creek --- where Larimore has lived for eight years --- says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.

Larimore says the decals, ranging from the Marine emblem to Semper Fi slogans, aren't advertisements for anything. "You can't buy freedom," he reasoned.

Some neighbors are outraged.

"That is his identity," said neighbor Mary Castagna. "He goes to a lot of the veteran meetings, and it means a lot to him. Everyone else agrees with it; it doesn't bother anybody."

"He's in the Marines, and he's proud of it, and I don't blame him," said neighbor Paul Hardy. "If I'd gone through what he's gone through, I'd be kind of proud of it myself."

The letter from the board states you can't have any form of advertisement anywhere on your car on your property. FOX 4 cameras spotted bumper stickers for political parties, health causes, and other non-commercial interests on the property as well.

One board member said he was unaware the HOA presidents sent the letter and did not know of any issue with Larimore's vehicle.

"I will be looking into it," said board member Art Bradford. "I didn't know anything about this. I haven't seen this."

The board president was out of town and unavailable. The condo management company did not want to comment.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #88
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
FOX 4 cameras spotted bumper stickers for political parties, health causes, and other non-commercial interests on the property as well.
I'm sure if they had stickers that said "Obama 08", Bushit, or even McSame and someone asked for them removed, the ACLU would be all over that bitch.

I'd also be real surpised if you could find a tow man who would tow that car once he found out the dealio. Especially in Texas.