Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #81
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
At least when you half-ass stuff you don't end up blowing 30 grand on mods that you'll never be able to re-sell for more than a tenth of their value.
Yeah but when it comes to expensive hobbies it seems silly to me to worry about resale value. If you are going to resell something don't fuck it up.

I modify my bike and my car with the intention of making them serve a purpose and if I ever sell I whole heartedly accept that kick to the balls.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #82
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Yeah but when it comes to expensive hobbies it seems silly to me to worry about resale value. If you are going to resell something don't fuck it up.

I modify my bike and my car with the intention of making them serve a purpose and if I ever sell I whole heartedly accept that kick to the balls.
qft

customizing for resale is called a business, not a hobby.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #83
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
qft

Don't hate hte playa, hate the game.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #84
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Don't hate hte playa, hate the game.
Playa like dat ain't gots no game.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #85
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
qft

I must have missed the part where all of these people owned car customizing shops. Silly me, I thought they were just trying to be cool.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #86
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Most of the guys I see blowing $20-30K on mods end up selling their car only 6-9 months later, and end up getting only 10-20% of what they spent on it. If I was going to sink that much into a car, I'd keep it for years.

If these people actually had great-paying jobs, along with a house, then maybe such discretionary spending would be justified.......But most of them don't. They're still renting. Or, if they do own a home, they don't have any emergency savings, so if they lose their job they end up in foreclosure very quickly.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-03-2009 at 03:26 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #87
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I worked in my friend's transmission shop for a while and we got a lot of cars that came in with the same generic 22-26" rim setup, all shined up and looking fancy. Then you get them up on the lift and you see what kinda nightmare is actually going on. Springs with multiple lift blocks just randomly wedged in to raise the car up high enough to accomodate the rims, strange rough cuts in the wheel wells to give them a little more turning radius, but come dangerously close to cutting the tires to shreds. Wiring from hell. Make that extremely dangerous wiring from hell. Engine mods that are purely for looks and strangle the hell out of the engine. All that on top of fried transmissions from these idiots trying to race their cars with massive rims. These fucking retards spend minimal money on their car, and blow all their cash on rims and shine. And from the idiots that I see on the road, it's the common way to piss away their money on useless mods that will end up blowing up multiple engines and transmissions.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #88
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Jacked up trucks are for a bunch of pussy bitches. I did more in my stock height 1wd S10 than most bastards will ever do in their 8" lift 4x4 with their fancy tow winches nad other crap for when they get stuck. Nothing beat the time where I can down this super ass muddy road that even after I did it someone in a lifted F150 still wouldn't do. All I need is some Michilin Mud and Snows.

I'm stuck here but I only got stuck because I tried to back through it once I went through it. I found out once I got through it that it gets barely big enough to fit an ATV

That little S10 has seen some major fucking air too.

nice... still rather have my Toyota... I've had this truck 3' off the ground... jump'n in construction sites in AK... broke the passenger side tension rod... so I stopped that... still love wheel'n... can't wait to find some trails down south... though I'm more of a trail runner... not a big mud guy as my 22R 4cyl is pretty down on hp... actually... my new 600RR has more HP!

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 02-03-2009 at 03:02 AM..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #89
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
nice... still rather have my Toyota... I've had this truck 3' off the ground... jump'n in construction sites in AK... broke the passenger side tension rod... so I stopped that... still love wheel'n... can't wait to find some trails down south... though I'm more of a trail runner... not a big mud guy as my 22R 4cyl is pretty down on hp... actually... my new 600RR has more HP!
If I had a truck like that I'd be dangerous. What I loved about my S10 is that my town was full of a bunch of wannabe rednecks who drove $50,000 jacked up chevry/dodge/ford trucks with $10,000 in lifts thanks to their daddy. Even had the Browning and John Deere stickers. They would talk about how badass they were off road but wouldn't do shit when it came time.

One time I had a buddy who was stuck in his F100 4x4. This area was basically like a circle mud track in about a 10acre area. My buddy told me to come meet him and to take the right path. I get in and the right path looked like hell so I went left. Left was the who yo daddy trail about halfway in. About halfway through it I was commited and stayed in the gas. Came in sideways.

All the hillbillys have gathered by that point and saw me coming. MY buddy said people were going "Who the fuck is that?" and thought it was a jeep cause my truck had it's brights on which made the lights skinny. When I pull up next to them everyhone started laughing and dogging the guy who was stuck. And people in 4x4s still wouldn't go through it.

I really want to get a beater truck so bad. But later on I guess.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #90
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah my truck is fuck'n fun... especially cause I could care less about the body... and it seems you can beat on these trucks all day... and they just take it. it's why I stick to Toyota. I'm look'n for a same yearish (86-89) Runner... the one you can take the top off...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote