Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #81
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Funny thing was, it wasn't my grass that they were on, but still it bothered me. It's a lack of respect to people's property.

Oh and if I want my grass to be nice, then I can. I own it. I don't inflict you with my lawn fettish, nor do I yell at kids about it.

People, like you Cave, need to realize... the same compulsion I have for my grass is why you like to work on things in my garage. People should respect it completely or leave it all alone. Using only the parts that fits you or anybody but complaining about some other aspect is just being an ass. Just saying.
Ok, first of all, I don't care what your grass looks like I would still come over your house to work on bikes because a) Garage is well stocked with tools b) there is a knowledgable person to help c) I like to help others that I ask for similar help.
I understand your desire to keep your grass neat and pretty but that is just something that doesn't seem to be such an important item to have such ire over. And I know that you don't stand out your front door shouting at peeps to,"Stay Off My Lawn." Its just that you let it get you so bothered period. Do your realize that every month when the gas meter reader walks through he walks straight across your lawn? You have no signs Keep off the Grass. How are people supposed to know that you don't like them walking across the lawn? Plant some privet hedges that form a border to your lawn that will keep every one off. I understand and totally agree with the way that you keep the inside of your place and when I come over to work on bikes, I am always putting tools away when I am done with them as I respect your pentiant for cleanliness.
In closing I only say this, "Its Grass, let it go."

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 AM   #82
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Cave. You honestly think that anybody on our block doesn't know I care abt my grass? Honestly? Shit the guy before me was the man they made gran turino about. Even ur half brother next door knows abt my grass. But u know what he said? "Chris you sure do take care of ur grass well just as mike did, but at least u hv a personality and good abt it.".

Oh and cave. It was just a kids trampoline it really wasn't in the way.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #83
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Cave. You honestly think that anybody on our block doesn't know I care abt my grass? Honestly? Shit the guy before me was the man they made gran turino about. Even ur half brother next door knows abt my grass. But u know what he said? "Chris you sure do take care of ur grass well just as mike did, but at least u hv a personality and good abt it.".

Oh and cave. It was just a kids trampoline it really wasn't in the way.
I don't really know about the guy before you....He was a douche that never showed his face 'cept to leave and come home. And what kind of guy thats like 50 years old has a 4 yr old daughter....CREEPY.

As for your maintenance of your grass, thats your perogotive. I just think you go a little over the deep end with the don't walk on it freshly cut, because it ruins the lines. I normally keep my lawn a little greener than I did this year I just didn't give a fuck this go round, and it saved me from having to cut it quite as often. So what if it was about 40% brown, matched the color of the house.

As for the trampoline....well, .... better it than the kids or the front window.........and I was annoyed having to move it every time I had to cut the grass. The swing fort will be next year. Bring some marshmallows, I'm havin a bon fire

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #84
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Get off my grass or else.

What's "or else"? Try it and let's see.

Last edited by VatorMan; 11-02-2010 at 07:53 AM..
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #85
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
or just not live in a neighborhood.
Bingo. Wife and I were just talking last night about moving. Time to GET THE FUCK OUT. I hate living in a neighborhood. And I hate having neighbors. Gas knows where wife and I grew up...he knows where we are headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
You mean... *gasp*

YES!

Quote:
Oh I love Texas. #1 gun law state in the nation.
You can't open carry in TX, can you?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #86
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You can't open carry in TX, can you?
You should be able to, you can in Tennessee.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #87
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You should be able to, you can in Tennessee.
With license only in TN. TX - must be concealed.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #88
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
With license only in TN. TX - must be concealed.

License is stupid easy to get. You need it to carry period concealed or open though.

I am surprised ya'll don't have open carry.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #89
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Damn people......

Fenced hilly property FTW.
Wanna get to my door? No choice but to use the driveway.

If you hop my fence, well your in for a nasty tetanus shot and chances are you'll just roll down to the corner of the yard.

This is all theoretical since I'm on a deadend that hardly gets any Halloween traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #90
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Yup.

Especially when their cars are in the driveway... which is the pavement most other normal humans would walk on instead of walking on the grass.

Instead, it's DON'T WALK ON THE GRASS - and DON'T WALK BY THE CARS!!

What?

Damn old people....
Glad that I explained my deal then...plenty of concrete and zero cars in the way but yet some still choose the grass.

Damn ignorant people...

Seriously though not a big deal with me as some...I wasn't pizzed...it was just the principle of it that's all. We've had a dry spell here and finally got some rain recently and I had recently did the seed/fertilizer/lime/areation thing the other week and cut it for the first time since then on Saturday and it looks pretty decent right now. Normally it would have been done sooner in the fall and wouldn't really even be an issue. I thought it was funny when I logged on Monday and saw this thread since it had just happened the night before.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote