Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #81
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

No, I DO know. It's why I didn't go to the cops, my own sense that what I did was stupid in the first place....

Does that apply here to the case of this poor girl being found under a bench? Maybe. Maybe she went there with a guy that she had put her faith in... got ruffied and ended up in this HORRIBLE and tragic situation. I'm not in ANY way saying it is her fault. But, if she remembers it - and how it started - she will kick her own ass for the rest of her life for even being there in the first place. Then, when the stinky lawyers get hold of it and point out that she wore short skirts...

*barf*

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #82
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Right, but the lesson to be learned is to be weary of the situations you put yourself in to avoid having horrible things happen because you certainly can't rely on your fellow humans to look out for your well being.

That doesn't make the perps any less responsible. In fact I think prison sentences for all those involved, including those who witnessed the act but didn't report it are in order. Furthermore I think all those people should be repeatedly raped and beaten while they are there...and then if they make it out alive they should be raped and beaten some more just because they deserve it for destroying a young girl's life.

HOWEVER, everyone has a responsibility to themselves to be aware of the situations they're putting themselves in. Now, a 14 year old girl drunk off her ass hanging out with a 19 year old...well that's a very bad situation. I'm not judging the girl because I have no idea what really happened or how she was being raised etc. etc. etc...I'm stating it was a bad situation to be in.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #83
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

BTW, here's an idea of the type of people you're dealing with at this particular school...

"Richmond is an industrialized conclave near the San Francisco Bay that is known as one nation's most dangerous cities. In 2007, Richmond had 47 homicides, and the murder rate led the state for cities with populations of 100,000 or more, surpassing Los Angeles and Oakland"
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 10-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #84
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Right, so what you're saying is... it's her fault for even being in the situation because she was attracted to it in the first place.
Fault? No, the fault lies with the rapists. But i'm with Kaneman on everything he said.

And if I were her, I think i would most likely be regretting my decision to go drinking in a secluded area with a 19-year-old who was still sniffing around girls too young to drive, without bringing along friends I could trust. I'd be regretting that a lot We make our choices, and they bring what they bring whether it's fair or not.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #85
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I think we're on the same page - all of us.

Trust is something that has gone the way of common sense. And, THAT has me sad... it's really unfortunate.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #86
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Common sense went first, then we surrendered our trust for survival. Now those who recognize the current situation for what it is take the necessary precautions and defenses.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #87
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think we're on the same page - all of us.

Trust is something that has gone the way of common sense. And, THAT has me sad... it's really unfortunate.
don't forget respect for others.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #88
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'm up at that school a lot, probably 2-3 times a week usually after hours, not during school. It will be less now that football season is over though.
just a thought, so you're up at the school after hours with kids who enjoy after school activities. You know the kids who like being there and being a representative of the school. I was in exactly your position when my son the wrestler/soccer/baseball/ and track guy was in middle school.

make a few stops there during the day, (when the kids who hate school/teachers/responsibility etc are there)your opinion may very well change.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #89
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yep.

There are thugs in every private school too.

Rider,

There is money around here that would make your "homes of privilege" look like guest houses. Private schools more expensive than Ivy league universities.

Guess what, [some of] those kids listen to hip-hop/rap, wear saggy pants and act "thug life".

It's there, if you choose not to see it that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Homes bought with coke money don't count.

Kids at my local HS do not wear baggy pants and dress the thug life part. None of them. They may listen to hip hop though but they sure don't look the part
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #90
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
just a thought, so you're up at the school after hours with kids who enjoy after school activities. You know the kids who like being there and being a representative of the school. I was in exactly your position when my son the wrestler/soccer/baseball/ and track guy was in middle school.

make a few stops there during the day, (when the kids who hate school/teachers/responsibility etc are there)your opinion may very well change.
That might be true but I've been up there a time or two during school hours and not one of the kids looked or acted "thug life". It was at the very beginning of school so their true thug probably hadn't come out yet. I will definitely be keeping my eye on it. Next year I will be an assistant coach of the 8th grade football team so I will be up there everyday.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote