Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #71
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Well. Its been five days. Time for a clit piercing.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #72
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
*phew*

I do want a tattoo for her... right across the forehead.

JAILBAIT

That would bring out the pedos.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #73
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
That would bring out the pedos.
You rang?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #74
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

See?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #75
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Classy

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #76
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
So if your kid wants to molest other kids, it's not a big deal because someone didn't die?

Exactly, my opinion is about as worthless as yours, but yours is just a little more worthless.
Come on man, WTF? We're comparing child molestation to belly button rings? Jesus H. Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Any piercing can be deadly if you end up with a staph infection.
Which is much more likely to happen if your daughter is forced to pierce her belly button behind your back by having her friends do it without sterile instruments.

Why do you guys hate your daughters so much you want them to die of staff infections? Fuckin cold man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
So I guess I should just tell her to do whatever the hell she wants, huh? That way, she can't rebel against me at all since I won't have set any rules for her. I imagine she'll grow up to be a wonderful asset to society if I never tell her not to do anything.

And who ever said I was going to BS my daughter about anything?
No, you are taking what I wrote to the extreme to try to discredit it. Not once have I advocated letting your kids run wild. Nor have I promoted some type of in-house anarchy. Rules are very important, but stupid rules will break your family apart.

What I'm saying is that belly button rings are not inherently dangerous or life altering, and trying to convince your teen otherwise will cause them to distrust all the further advice and guidance you provide for them. The "my house my rules" mentality is only going to push them harder in the direction you don't want them to know.

There is always going to be some teen rebellion, no matter what you do. That is basic human nature and a by-product of people living with their parents far past the age that they are physically capable of taking care of themselves. That is the way our society is set up, no way around it. BUT, losing your kid's trust over some bullshit rule is far different than dealing with a little rebellion. If you maintain your kid's trust, and put yourself in their mind as a beacon of good advice, guidance and honesty then they will be much more likely to listen when you try to prevent TRULY destructive behavior such as having unprotected sex, trying methamphetamines, drinking and driving or even picking up a cigarette.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #77
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
What I'm saying is that belly button rings are not inherently dangerous or life altering, and trying to convince your teen otherwise will cause them to distrust all the further advice and guidance you provide for them.
For some people, it doesn't have to be inherently dangerous or life altering. Hell, clothing choice is neither of those things, but some types of clothing and piercings can project an image that many people don't think is appropriate for a teenager. It's totally reasonable for parents to set expectations for their kids around this stuff.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #78
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Come on man, WTF? We're comparing child molestation to belly button rings? Jesus H. Christ.
I just chose something outrageous for the shock value. People have different ideals and values, just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter to some people.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #79
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Perception can become reality....

Create an image for yourself that you are a slut....create that perception....and it can become reality for those around you. I'm not a slut, I just LOOK like one!!!! Yeah....good luck with that argument. Why put yourself in such a tough position?

I've always encouraged my daughter (she's 16 now) to be mindful of the image she projects of herself....and to remind her that people who would base their assessment of her on her physical appearance aren't worth having around in the first place.

She's wicked smart...and pretty....and so far has a firm grip on her OWN sense of self worth. A worth based on merit....not appearance. She is STRONG in herself and it makes me proud of her....It's gotta be TOUGH to be a teenaged girl in this new society of ours.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #80
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I run my house my way
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote