View Poll Results: Outdoor smoking ban
I'm for it 10 37.04%
I'm against it 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #71
EtyrnuSS
Filthy Noob

Moto: 2009 ER-6n

Bah, fuck it, don't know whay I gave a shit anyway, since I'm an ex-smoker.
EtyrnuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #72
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtyrnuSS View Post
I have an odd perspective on this. I'm an exsmoker...but it doesn't bother me to be around it either, no desire for them. Limiting outdoor smoking like this is just another grab at control over every aspect of your life. Even the ban on smoking in public establishments went too far in my opinion, I think it should have been left up to business owners. Some would choose to be nonsmoking, great, give them the right to forcibly eject someone that breaks their rules. But let the business owners make the choice. Then customers could choose whether or not they wanted to patronize that business.

This is why people who start whining about oh, its for "your" benefit piss me off. Fuck you, let me choose what is best for me. I'm an adult, I can accept the consequences of my actions and lifestyle. Oh, wait, I forgot, we aren't allowed to have consequences anymore...
i 100% agree with you.. i don't think it's an odd perspective i think it's spot on.. just another power trip by the government stripping us one right at a time... oldest trick in the book - use propaganda to fuel a hidden agenda.. it's for your good, for your safety.. don't worry if your ass is bleeding, that is normal..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #73
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Here's one of the biggest issues, as I see it. This sort of thing ends up getting codified, because people just can't be fucking reasonable. I shouldn't have to ask someone, to stop blowing smoke in my direction while I'm eating dinner. They should be reasonable enough, to consider the ramifications of their actions.

Instead people get all up in arms about their 'rights', on both sides of the issue. Try being a reasonable fucking human being.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
EtyrnuSS
Filthy Noob

Moto: 2009 ER-6n

Papa, you just hit the nail on the head. People no longer can think to be courteous, or display common sense, because that kind of thinking isn't allowed anymore. If they Gov't doesn't tell them to do it they can't.
EtyrnuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #75
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtyrnuSS View Post
Just playing devils advocate, but you ever think its because they are tired and don't give a fuck because they are treated like second class citizens?
Maybe they get treated like second class citizens because they throw their shit on the ground

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.

Last edited by Particle Man; 05-31-2011 at 05:31 PM..
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #76
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

What needs to be banned and/or punishable by severe beating is tossing lit butts out the window. If smoking it in the car doesn't bother you, why the hell can't you snuff the goddamn thing in your ash tray, or a coke can, or wtf ever?
I don't like getting showered with sparks, and when it's as dry as it is down here right now, it's fucking careless and asinine... you're going to cause a roadside grass fire.

Sorry, saw some asshole toss a lit butt on the way to work tonight and that shit never ceases to piss me off.
I'm all for smokers' rights, but that bothers me a lot more than 2nd hand smoke.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #77
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
What needs to be banned and/or punishable by severe beating is tossing lit butts out the window. If smoking it in the car doesn't bother you, why the hell can't you snuff the goddamn thing in your ash tray, or a coke can, or wtf ever?
Because it screws with the resale value and makes the car smell like an ashtray, so they can't resell it as a 'smoke free vehicle'

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #78
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Because it screws with the resale value and makes the car smell like an ashtray, so they can't resell it as a 'smoke free vehicle'
Oh yeah, I've heard the justifications... it just doesn't hold up to the sniff test.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #79
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

smoke em if you got em

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #80
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yeah I got in an argument with my uncle. I was telling him how back smoking cars where when I had my detail shop. He said what I did in my highway tractor was to crack the window and all the smell goes out the window. Bullshit. I told him that all that does is throw ashes around the cab. I detailed many like that and that shit don't work.

Its just that smokers can't smell the smoke in the car. If you were in a smokers car to long detailing it, you had a hard time smelling to see if it was better because the smell was in your nose for the rest of the day.

That is nasty shit.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote