Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #71
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Moto: FJR1300

Source is US Census Bureau for the first portion.
Akilldema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #72
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea right 2% multi-racial... I've just about never met a white person in this country that doesn't at least claim to be part american indian...
I too grew up hearing every white kid make claim to having 1/10, 1/8, 1/56th indian blood Whatta crock of tonto crap.

As far as I can confirm....I'm straight up bratwurst, crackah-ass honkey with a family tree that points back to germany (straight as a telphone pole with no branches..this may explain my 3rd arm) prior to WWI

Not aware of any Mohicans in the woodpile.

However I live in NC....and every time you get near lumberton you get to experience all the "Lumbee indian" (aka mexicans) claims.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #73
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Look, I know that it's partially our fault that black people only make up a small percentage of the population but seem to compromise 90% of the negative stereotypes...

Bad bike riders=black people (even though there are far more white people on sport bikes and white stunters.)

Welfare rats=black people (even though there are far more white people on welfare.)

Hood rats=black people (even though there are far more white people living in trailer parks than there are black people living in projects.)

Drug addicts=black people (even though there are far more white people addicted to meth than there are black people addicted to crack.)

Deadbeat dads, gang members, criminals, thugs, etc... When most of you so much as see a black guy your first reaction is negative. That is really sad. Like I said before, if you saw me on the street, your first reactions would probably be fear/loathing. That sometimes bothers me considering what I've sacrificed for this country... other times, I try to understand it and even rationalize your feelings. I do know this, for every 1 "thug" out there, there are hundreds of black people that go to work everyday, pay their bills and have even served and died for this country. Although, I know that doesn't factor in to your evaluation of our race as a whole.

As far as our "fashion sense" goes, please explain to me how 10 piercings, a mohawk, torn up jeans, bandannas, etc, etc, etc is more acceptable? Fashion fads are fashion fads, there's nothing inherently evil about them. At least we wear underwear... count your blessings.
I grew up taught to judge people by their actions. I started going with my grandfather on his huckster route at the age of 8 in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. We went into all kinds of neighborhoods and met all kinds of people from many different ethnic groups/backrounds.

Funny how you treat people nice right from the start and they treat you well too.

What a concept.

Quote:
Yea right 2% multi-racial... I've just about never met a white person in this country that doesn't at least claim to be part american indian...
Add me to the list, I have documentation to prove it.

My Dad's side of the family tree is german and I can trace my ancestors here in this section of Pennsylvania back to 1732. Back to the late 1400 in the Germany/Switzerland area.

My mom has been tracing her side of the family tree for about 20 years now. My great great grandfather married a Cherokee woman and they had 6 kids.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #74
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
yea well I guess you are right , they should focus all their sub average salary on bills and insurance because companies they work for, like Walmart, can't "afford" to provide health insurance... These animals don't deserve the better things in life like you. They should know their place and stay in it. I guess your ancestors should have taught us how to manage our money better.
That argument is so weak I shouldn't even respond. There is an inherent difference because realizing short term gains (rims/sounds/cell phones) and long term gains (having health insurance so you don't have unexpected bills later on) that poorer people don't understand. What they think they understand is that they are entitled to free or discounted ish just because they spit out kids.

The only thing afforded in this world is freedom granted to us by God. Everything else (including keeping that freedom) needs to be accomplished via hard work.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #75
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
I'm sure we killed a lot of em, rather doubt we fucked any, and know we didn't pay no child support
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #76
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
What they think they understand is that they are entitled to free or discounted ish just because they spit out kids.

Or they just get tired of being shit on their whole lives just trying to get by. After that point you do whatever you can to catch up.

Maybe its just me...I've just never known any "poor" people that didn't go to work everyday and try to make a living. In fact, the only people I know that don't do shit come from parents with enough money to keep supporting them.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #77
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post

BTW, here are some fun stats:

Racial demographics of the US
Further information: Race and ethnicity in the United States Census
[edit] General population

The racial composition of the US population as of 2008 was 79.79% White American (65.60% non-Hispanic and 14.19% Hispanic), 12.84% African American (12.22% non-Hispanic and 0.62% Hispanic), 4.45% Asian American (4.35% non-Hispanic and 0.10% Hispanic), 1.01% American Indian or Alaska Native (0.76% non-Hispanic and 0.25% Hispanic), 0.18% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander American (0.14% non-Hispanic and 0.04% Hispanic), and 1.69% Multiracial American (1.64% non-Hispanic and 0.05% Hispanic). 15.25% of the total US population identified their ethnicity as Hispanic.[8]
[edit] Prison population
Further information: Incarceration in the United States

The racial composition of the US prison and jail population as of 2008 was 33.44% White American (non-Hispanic), 20.29% Hispanic, 40.21% African American (non-Hispanic), and 6.06% Other (American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander American, and Multiracial American).[9]
[edit]
Whites make up 65.0% of the U.S. population, yet make up 33.4% of incarcerated persons.

Blacks make up 12.2% of the U.S. population, yet make up 40.2 of incarcerated persons.

Just from this data alone, what conclusions do you draw? Think from a neutral third party point of view....

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 10-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #78
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Or they just get tired of being shit on their whole lives just trying to get by. After that point you do whatever you can to catch up.

Maybe its just me...I've just never known any "poor" people that didn't go to work everyday and try to make a living. In fact, the only people I know that don't do shit come from parents with enough money to keep supporting them.
You cannot work at a tollbooth and expect to have a house, Benz and take lavish vacations.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 10-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #79
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You cannot work at a tollbooth and expect to have a house, Benz and take lavish vacations.
And I don't know any poor people that own a Benz. I think there is this misconception that poor people are somehow living a higher quality of life than others...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #80
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
And I don't know any poor people that own a Benz. I think there is this misconception that poor people are somehow living a higher quality of life than others...
Guess you've never driven through the gov' assisted housing projects in philly
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote