Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #71
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Do you know how it is sometimes you just do some shit even though you know that you are not too crazy about it?

It's kinda like that with me and this car and me and the MV Agusta Brutale 910. I knew right away that I don't care much for the I-4 engine even though the bike was prettier than heck. I didn't like the way it handled either. Yet I bought the damn thing anyway and ended up selling it six months later.

It's like that with this car. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty fun romping on the throttle. 500-horsies do some decent damage, but when I take it into the canyons, I can feel the bulk of the car fighting against me and the road. It's not like the Z4. Granted that the M6 is a luxury GT and not a sport car. And I guess I just want to know what it's like to own a very expensive car. Obviously it's not a Bentley Sedan or a Rolls, but its regular MSRP is up there with the cheaper Bentleys, Ferraris and Lambos.

I guess I'm having a bit of a buyer remorse. But I'll just hop on the Aprilia scooter for a short jaunt and Mr. PeePee will be happy again.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #72
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Do you know how it is sometimes you just do some shit even though you know that you are not too crazy about it?

It's kinda like that with me and this car and me and the MV Agusta Brutale 910. I knew right away that I don't care much for the I-4 engine even though the bike was prettier than heck. I didn't like the way it handled either. Yet I bought the damn thing anyway and ended up selling it six months later.

It's like that with this car. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty fun romping on the throttle. 500-horsies do some decent damage, but when I take it into the canyons, I can feel the bulk of the car fighting against me and the road. It's not like the Z4. Granted that the M6 is a luxury GT and not a sport car. And I guess I just want to know what it's like to own a very expensive car. Obviously it's not a Bentley Sedan or a Rolls, but its regular MSRP is up there with the cheaper Bentleys, Ferraris and Lambos.

I guess I'm having a bit of a buyer remorse. But I'll just hop on the Aprilia scooter for a short jaunt and Mr. PeePee will be happy again.
I hear ya. Expensive cars are generally overrated. My M3 was a fully loaded cabriolet. I liked it but in some ways it was rather soulless to own. Living in LA I see a ton of VERY expensive cars and have friends with nice cars. To me, I enjoy being in them but most of the time I find them just okay. One of my closest friends has an SL500. Nice enough car but it really rather boring. Although I did have a friend a few years back who had some great shit, he had a new 355 and a Maranello. Those cars were something else. Personally I have an MGB convertible being built with a new modern suspension and a Ford 5.0 put into it. Cheaper than a fancy new car and cooler to boot. Plus it'll have a lot of character and a ricockulous power/weight ratio (300hp/2000#).
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #73
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Just

Now, if you boys don't mind, I'm off to have a moment.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #74
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I hope one day to own a Ferarri... but that is about the only car that I will ever truely WANT. I mean I guess all of those Ferarris, Lambos, Ford GT's, Porsche's are all the same... but whatever.

I'll stick with a bike.

So Fnfalman, do you own 2 aprillia's currently????
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #75
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post

I'm not trying to Piss in anyones Cheerio's or Ruffle any feathers but I just gotta Say...Are You Fucking Kidding Me??

You Bought a Car that STARTS at 100k...And your Having Buyers Remorse?? If you wanted to Know what its like to own an expensive car wouldnt you Buy one you Would Actually Enjoy??

It Just seems like you throw your money around with no regard for your own well being...then your gonna tell everyone "Its just a car"...

Must Be Nice to Ball that hard...
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #76
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

fnfalman, time for a trade in.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #77
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

i see alotta fancy shit everyday(l.a.), but i still want some of it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
fnfalman, time for a trade in.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #78
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
So Fnfalman, do you own 2 aprillia's currently????
Actually four: Mille, Tuono, SR50 Factory scooter and the new RS125.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I'm not trying to Piss in anyones Cheerio's or Ruffle any feathers but I just gotta Say...Are You Fucking Kidding Me??

You Bought a Car that STARTS at 100k...And your Having Buyers Remorse?? If you wanted to Know what its like to own an expensive car wouldnt you Buy one you Would Actually Enjoy??

It Just seems like you throw your money around with no regard for your own well being...then your gonna tell everyone "Its just a car"...

Must Be Nice to Ball that hard...
Well, I never claimed to be smart with my money. And yes, it's just a car. A nice one, but just a car to me. You can give me a Rolls Royce convertible and it's still just a car to me.

And no, I can't afford a Ferrari. Maybe a cheaper Ferrari but that means that I must sell all my two-wheelers. NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL!!!

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #79
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Im here, in Florida, freezin my arse off!!

Well, if she doesnt turn you on, keep it on two and use it only for commuting if ya have to. Oh, and picking up chicks drawn to shiny objects.

Ferrari, , but not worth the $ IMO...you can get your car kicks out of way less expensive vehicles...hmmm, maybe demo derby?!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #80
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I don't see anything wrong with a bit of buyers remorse even for a 100k car. It is silly to assume that there is always a strong correlation between money and happiness.

You can always look into models that you have really liked and look at buying a slightly used vehicle. Odds are that if it is also a high end vehicle, it will have been well taken care of and you would be getting an equally nice car for a bit cheaper. That is assuming that there are some models you would rather have.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote