Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #61
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I dont care what way we take...as long as its the quickest.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #62
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I dont care what way we take...as long as its the quickest.
agreed, but thats what we would need to figure out. Its easier for me to meet you guys by running down 95 and meeting in delaware, whereas if I take 78 to 81 its longer for me before I start heading south. One idea is we can take 95 south then we get over by 495 in dc, then we can take rt 66 west and that will get us to 81. We take that way when we go to vir but we take 129 south. The exit for 81 is right after that one.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #63
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

That sounds like a solid starting point...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #64
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That sounds like a solid starting point...

Cool this way I am only flying solo down to deleware which is about 2 to 2.5 hrs. From there I cant see it being much more than another 2 hrs to 81, then just head south and hope for the best. I will play with mapquest tonight or tomorrow to see what else we can sort out.

Last night I ordered a cramp buster, another cargo net and some little squeege sp? wipers to put on my gloves from aerostich I just need to get a tire repair kit and figure out some other stuff (spare batteries etc) and should be good to go.

Tom
Old 04-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #65
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Yeah...I got my Tailbag...Should be good to hold everything I need...but as a backup just incase i can always bungee down a backpack on top of the tailbag incase i need more room...Got some suppplies to bring a little toolkit and I got my new gear...

Since we are starting at night You think ti will be to cold to ride with my Streetgloves?? I was gonna order full gaunlets to make sure my hands were warm...but wasnt sure...I rode last night and it was like 60 and my hands were fine...but i rode the other night in 50 degree weather and my hands were ice blocks...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #66
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Google Maps has me taking 95 to 495 to 66 to 81.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #67
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yeah...I got my Tailbag...Should be good to hold everything I need...but as a backup just incase i can always bungee down a backpack on top of the tailbag incase i need more room...Got some suppplies to bring a little toolkit and I got my new gear...

Since we are starting at night You think ti will be to cold to ride with my Streetgloves?? I was gonna order full gaunlets to make sure my hands were warm...but wasnt sure...I rode last night and it was like 60 and my hands were fine...but i rode the other night in 50 degree weather and my hands were ice blocks...
tough call, may be able to tell when it gets closer esp since it hasnt been that warm up here recently. I ma figuring on wearing my perfed textile jacket down there and am hoping that a sweatshirt or 2 or the raingear will be adequate. I may bring a pair of heavier gloves jsut in case but some of that may be dictated by last minute weather forecasts. If its only dipping into the 60's at night I think we will be fine. If its cooler I may rethink my gear choices.

I may also have some extra room between the tailbag and the hard bags too in case we need to stow some extra stuff. My last weekend trip I had more than enough room with just the hard bags but this trip is much longer so I will be bringing more clothes etc...

Tom
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #68
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Google Maps has me taking 95 to 495 to 66 to 81.
perfect, I guess becasue youre further south. From here it has me taking 78 to 81.

Tom
Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #69
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Yeah I am Gonna TRY to pack my leather jacket...Since we are riding at night my Textile is MUCH warmer and I wanna be as comfortable and warm as possible...But Ill see how that goes.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #70
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
tough call, may be able to tell when it gets closer esp since it hasnt been that warm up here recently. I ma figuring on wearing my perfed textile jacket down there and am hoping that a sweatshirt or 2 or the raingear will be adequate. I may bring a pair of heavier gloves jsut in case but some of that may be dictated by last minute weather forecasts. If its only dipping into the 60's at night I think we will be fine. If its cooler I may rethink my gear choices.

I may also have some extra room between the tailbag and the hard bags too in case we need to stow some extra stuff. My last weekend trip I had more than enough room with just the hard bags but this trip is much longer so I will be bringing more clothes etc...

Tom
I would definitely bring a heavier pair of gloves. Not just gauntlets either- something insulated. Most gauntlets won't do any better at keeping your hands warm than a street short cuff. Early may will probably still be in the 40s at night. A pair of long underwear or overpants is a good idea too.