Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #61
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Was just given a second season of 12 episodes

Quote:
There's plenty more shambling to be had — Frank Darabont's TV adaptation of Robert Kirkman's end-of-the-world zombie comic has been picked up for a second season! That's not all, the new season will have a total of 13 gore-filled episodes.

Here's the full press release from AMC:

(New York, NY - November 8, 2010) AMC announced today the renewal of "The Walking Dead" for a 13-episode second season. Since debuting Sunday, October 31, "The Walking Dead" has broken ratings records, with the series reaching more Adults 18-49 than any other show in the history of cable television.
Today's announcement also includes Fox International Channels' (FIC) global renewal for a second season, following record-breaking premiere ratings in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. "The Walking Dead" was the highest-rated original series premiere ever to air on FIC simultaneously worldwide.
"The 'Dead' has spread!" said Charlie Collier, President, AMC. "No other cable series has ever attracted as many Adults 18-49 as 'The Walking Dead.' This reaffirms viewers' hunger for premium television on basic cable. We are so proud to be bringing back 'The Dead' again, across the globe."
Ratings Highlights for The Walking Dead - Episode 2, which premiered on AMC Sunday, 11/7:
* 10pm airing - 3.1 HH rating with over 4.7 million viewers;
* Adults 18-49 - 3.3 million viewers;
* Adults 25-54 - 2.8 million viewers;
* Men 18-49 - 2.1 million viewers.
Ratings Highlights for the The Walking Dead - Episode 1, which premiered on AMC Sunday, 10/31:
* 10pm airing - 3.7 HH rating with over 5.3 million total viewers;
* Adults 18-49 - 3.6 million viewers;
* Adults 25-54 - 3.1 million viewers;
* Men 18-49 - 2.0 million viewers;
"I wish all programming decisions were no brainers like this one," said Sharon Tal Yguado, SVP Scripted Programming. "'The Walking Dead' is a TV masterpiece on so many levels. We want at least 10 seasons, if not more. Kudos to AMC!"
AMC's "The Walking Dead" is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion and Charles "Chic" Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) serve as Executive Producers.
"The Walking Dead" tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive.
Shot on location in Atlanta, "The Walking Dead" is led by a cast that includes Lincoln ("Teachers," Love Actually) as Rick Grimes, Jon Bernthal ("The Pacific," The Ghost Writer) as Shane Walsh, Sarah Wayne Callies ("Prison Break") as Lori Grimes, Laurie Holden ("The Shield," Stephen King's The Mist) as Andrea, Jeffrey DeMunn (Stephen King's The Mist, The Green Mile) as Dale, Steven Yeun ("The Big Bang Theory") as Glen, Emma Bell (The Bedford Diaries) as Amy and Chandler Riggs (Get Low) as Carl Grimes.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #62
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #63
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I wonder how fast they are going to progress the story.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #64
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I wonder how fast they are going to progress the story.
The story laid out in the comics? Who knows. But they can always move forward from there with original story at whatever pace they wish. Perhaps provide more detail into the infection itself, too.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #65
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I think you are forgetting that this is only a TV show. And who says you cant discuss as you like? I didnt...

Does he really? Like you know that for certain? Cuz if so, GOOD. I think maybe she deserves it too...like the next time they run off to the woods...I think Adeptus is right too, after seeing how it turns out, it did seem like he was fishing.
"Maybe" her too? You serious? Its always the man thas the bad guy. Ya. Shes enjoying the sasuage ride; hes not raping her.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #66
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
The story laid out in the comics? Who knows. But they can always move forward from there with original story at whatever pace they wish. Perhaps provide more detail into the infection itself, too.
Thats never going to happen. The story is never really about the infection and how it happened, or trying to solve it, it's about surviving the end of the world. The outbreak could have been any disaster, but zombies make for some cool bloodshedding moments
Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #67
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Herpes X
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #68
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post