Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #61
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Because some have a habit of dragging past arguments into other threads, instead of treating each one by its own merits, IMO
If you want that to stop, you need to go to an anonymous board such as 4chan. Otherwise, the only things we know of you are from your posts and opinions. You do not start each post with a clean slate. In fact, most people probably have a pretty good idea worked out in their head of what you're going to say from previous posts, and when they're right it'll pisses them off even more if they didn't like your previous opinion.

So, in short.. If people don't like you, there's a good chance there's a reason.

Disclaimer: I don't "dislike" anybody here. Sometimes when I see a certain person has posted, I don't even bother to read it. but, dislike? not at all.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #62
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
They tend to cause traffic to bunch up . No cars around and doing the limit is safer than doing half the limit with 75 cars lined up behind you trying to get out of that situation because they shouldn't have been out in the first place.
What about doing the limit and being scared shitless with a dozen vehicles behind them all wanting to get by and go faster?

Drive your speed, but pull the fuck over and let others by if there is a line up behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #63
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
In fact, most people probably have a pretty good idea worked out in their head of what you're going to say from previous posts, and when they're right it'll pisses them off even more if they didn't like your previous opinion.
There is something about all my previous posts that would enable someone to predict that I was going to say that driving with a cellphone isn't always as dangerous as people say?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #64
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
There is something about all my previous posts that would enable someone to predict that I was going to say that driving with a cellphone isn't always as dangerous as people say?
I'm wondering who that "certain person" is whose posts he doesn't read....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #65
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:

I should have been more detailed. I was somewhat referring to where you said people continue arguments from other threads.

I was trying to say, "It's human nature to bring up the past, and have preconceived opinions and anonymity is the only way to be able to debate without it." Then you get super trolls..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #66
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
PC, did you say "deleterious?"

if we were playing scrabble we'd all be effed with that one
Your mind will truly be blown when I break out the SIX syllable words.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #67
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

#10 - Coming to a stop or almost stopping on a highway on ramp waiting for traffic to magically disappear instead of speeding up and merging.

#11 - When the guy in front of you is turning, your turn signal can stay off. Don't use it unless you're turning too. I don't care if the guy in front of you is turning.

#12 - There's nothing in your purse more interesting than the road, and nothing you need more than to drive. If you really want that thing from your purse, pull over and get it. And once it falls in your floorboard, it's gone until you stop. Period
Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #68
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon D View Post
I'm wondering who that "certain person" is whose posts he doesn't read....
I'm curious as well. LOL
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #69
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

#13 If you're going to pass someone, do it well in advance of their rear bumper. This whole "I'm so cool I can pass someone within inches of his bumper" attitude has got to go.......it's fucking retarded.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #70
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post

1. Don't use a turn signal to communicate to other drivers your intended direction of travel.
My steering wheel rattles a bit.
It does so not because Dodge has in any way made it an inferior part of my truck, but because I punch it... hard... almost every time I drive.
Why do I do this?
Because I'm an angry, impatient driver... and people committing that little infraction listed above are way up there on the list of assholes who make me that way.
I've previously posted a link to that scene from "Shoot Em Up" where Clive Owen's character goes on a tirade about people not using their turn signals... that has to be one of my favorite scenes from any movie simply because it perfectly mirrors my own sentiments and level of aggravation.