Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #61
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
It's this very mindset that is the root of this problem. You HAVE to believe this way to gain the upper hand! When you factor in marriage, homosexuality, age, etc...by the time a man and a woman are about 35 or so the odds fall steeply in our favor! At least world wide.
OK, I've factored in marriage..........Oh wait, a marriage includes both a man AND a woman, so she would be off the market too.

And ok, I've factored in homosexualtiy too.......Oh wait, women can be homesexual too.

So, your theory is.............what exactly?

Last I checked the Census, the USA was about 49% male, 51% female. Not exactly a 2:1 ratio
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #62
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
OK, I've factored in marriage..........Oh wait, a marriage includes both a man AND a woman, so she would be off the market too.

And ok, I've factored in homosexualtiy too.......Oh wait, women can be homesexual too.

Last I checked the Census, the USA was about 49% male, 51% female. Not exactly a 2:1 ratio
51-49=2:1 ratio
Old 12-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #63
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
5. Poppy Montgomery
"When considering whether or not to ask out the girl you're afraid to talk to, keep this in mind: No matter who you are or what you look like, it's always flattering when you hit on us. Always."
Bullshit. i've seen women cop HUGE attitude over being hit on by guys (like me) who weren't in their league.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #64
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Bullshit. i've seen women cop HUGE attitude over being hit on by guys (like me) who weren't in their league.
You do realize that most of us will cop a huge attitude for no reason whatsoever, right?

She didn't say that women are appreciative or receptive....just flattered.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #65
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

As a woman I never understood the "respond with scorn". If some guy has the balls to compliment or ask out a total stranger, the least a lady can do is thank him for the effort and be polite. If a guy is being a jerk, thats different, obviously.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #66
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
As a woman I never understood the "respond with scorn". If some guy has the balls to compliment or ask out a total stranger, the least a lady can do is thank him for the effort and be polite. If a guy is being a jerk, thats different, obviously.
You're a gem among many crusty old bad-attitude having dopes.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #67
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Thank you. Thats why its called a "partnership". Equal give and take.
Ha give me a break! I'm willing to bet that there are several non-equal aspects of your marriage. I'm not trying to pick on you but there are always things that the woman is allowed to do that the man isn't. For example, women can be friends with ex-boyfriends/fucks but can men? Especially if the girl in question is hotter? Women can have gay male friends., can your husband have hot lesbian friends? You can go out of town and stay with 10+ single men in a house...can your husband go out of town and stay with a bunch of hot single women (that you've never met, btw) in a house for a week or two? You realize that I'm just fucking with you but seriously, there isn't any such thing as a totally equal relationship. In fact, it's normally women who claim that it is...rarely do men say that everything is equal (unless she is around).

Equal,
You both work the same and contribute the same financially.
You both take care of the children equally and have an equal say in their upbringing.
You both take care of the yard work equally.
You both do the housework equally.
You both have the same say in how the house is decorated.
ETC...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #68
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Did you check world wide? AND besides, guys this isn't a FACT forum, this is an opinion forum. I know that several of you get your rocks off "fact checking" everything people on here say but seriously, I even stated that this is a state of mind and not reality. You have to believe that there are more where this came from or you are already lost. I don't care if there are 3 men to every woman, that's not the point. In my mind, I deserve my GF and in fact much better. I believe that and act accordingly, this girl will probably never leave unless I want her to.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #69
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Equal doesnt equate to 50/50 on everything. Some things will be 70/30 or 90/10 based on the compromises that couples make, that doesnt mean they arent equals and dont have the same rights as individuals in the relationship.

For example: The house decorating in our home is 90/10. His 10% is moving the stuff around that I pick out. Why the non 50/50 ratio? Because he doesnt give a crap what I put in the house. He could live on a bean bag.

The finances are not 50/50 because I dont make near the money he does, but there are things that I do, not necessarily monetary that make up the difference.

House cleaning is 70/30. My 70, because I do the majority of the house (he may mop) but he does the laundry (which I despise) so that pretty much makes it 50/50 in my book.

Would I allow him to go spend time with his friends (hot females that I dont know)? Hell yeah, the same way he let me spend a few days with you bunch of psychos! Why? Because we have TRUST. I should put that in larger font.

TRUST

Is he friends with all his ex girlfriends and am I okay with this? Yes actually his last serious girlfriend is a very good friend of mine and we spend time with her and her husband fairly often. Weird, but it works. He is military, so after this year he will be gone alot. He deploys with female air crew. Im good with that, the same as he is good with me hanging out with my crazy motorcycle buddies.

I dont have the right to tell him he cant do things or spend time with people, as he doesnt have the right to tell me the same. We respect and trust each other and that makes us partners.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #70
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
I feel flattered when they card me for alcohol anymore, let alone any other time.