Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 AM   #61
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Mainly... brake work. And im a bit south of Columbus, so its just about an hour car ride to the DYT.... less by bike !

That would be awsome! Any experienced help i can get would be great. And seeing the work you did to yours!
Well hey man, I will be sure to let you know how it goes. I am still looking into buying a truck and stuff like that, but who knows I may head up there on the bike.

My sister lives in Dayton so I will be visiting her for sure. Either on my bike, or in a truck with my bike in the back.

I will be sure to let you know.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #62
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

when are you think'n you'll be leaving Quick?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #63
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
when are you think'n you'll be leaving Quick?

Well, I just talked my Dad into co-signing a loan so that I can start my truck shopping. Either way I was hoping to leave on the grand trip to Alaska by the 3rd week of March maybe?

With the truck being my main transport I was going to keep putting miles on the bike while I have all this time on my hands.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #64
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Lol.... maybe if i ever get a day off! How far are you from columbus again? Maybe me and my friend will truck my bike. It needs a good multi person effort.

Lucky....
We are about 1-1/2 hours from you, if you are on the south side of Columbus. Not too terribly far.

After thinking about this, you should stay and do the work. Erik can supervisor you, then you wouldn't have to pay for his labor and you learn about doing stuff.

I do my own work, with a some exceptions. I did the front brakes last year. Erik had to help since I have the stupid kind - one pad per piston and it was a bitch to get them in. I made him bleed my lines because I didn't feel comfortable doing that.

Just let us know when!
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #65
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
We are about 1-1/2 hours from you, if you are on the south side of Columbus. Not too terribly far.

After thinking about this, you should stay and do the work. Erik can supervisor you, then you wouldn't have to pay for his labor and you learn about doing stuff.

I do my own work, with a some exceptions. I did the front brakes last year. Erik had to help since I have the stupid kind - one pad per piston and it was a bitch to get them in. I made him bleed my lines because I didn't feel comfortable doing that.

Just let us know when!
That's a fuck'n awesome opportunity...

I'll do anything myself if I've got someone who knows how to do it is watch'n me... make'n sure I don't fuck it up... once through I'm usually good to go doing it myself from then on out...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #66
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
On a side note i ran into a law classmate today in the parking lot. He has an XB12R.... the royal blue one with orange details/windscreen. He let me sit on it and start it up. He kept telling me to rev it up, but i dont do that to other peoples bikes. The thing was way nice..... and he got it for like 6,000 under msrp. Marco, he is 23 and goes thru Geico. Supprisingly he only pays $35 a month, i think he said full coverage! Interesting.

I'm with Geico too. I'll have to look into switch my car and homeowners to SF...see what kind of deal they can work out.

Have you rode a vtwin yet, Porkchop? And what exactly is it that you dont like about them?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #67
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'm with Geico too. I'll have to look into switch my car and homeowners to SF...see what kind of deal they can work out.

Have you rode a vtwin yet, Porkchop? And what exactly is it that you dont like about them?
Actually no i havnt gotten a chance to ride a buell yet. If i waited longer to buy a bike i really wanted to do some testing on a XB9R.

To be completely honest with you....... its a sound thing. I just love the scream of an I4.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #68
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Alright, quick update..... thanks to everybody that helped!

So we finally got a sunny day in the 60's here in ohio. So i went over to matt's house and pulled both of the bikes out. I pulled all of the fairings off of my bike (except the front). It looks so gnarley, but i like it. I might ride with just the front and tail for awhile until i get new mid-fairings. A sort of faux-FZ6 per se.

Before i even went to refill/bleed the front lines we decided to do some checks on the system.... and we found the problem! Apparently the aftermarket levers that came with the bike were "catching" on the assembly, and whenever they would stick they would lock up the brakes. So we loosened the screw a quarter turn, and WD-40'd the inside of the assembly, and the catching stopped. So did the lock ups.

And I got to ride it for the first time today. Felt so good. Even though it was only in his neighborhood. No plates or ins....

But we did find another new problem. I already knew the hi-beam bulb was missing. So I bought new bulbs for both sides last week. Well it turns out that not only the bulb is missing, but also the socket! MOTHER F!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 03-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #69
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Glad to see you figured out some of the brake issues but that totally blows about the socket. Is the socket just missing from the line or can you not find the corresponding wire anywhere?

Old 03-07-2009, 02:10 AM   #70
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Glad to see you figured out some of the brake issues but that totally blows about the socket. Is the socket just missing from the line or can you not find the corresponding wire anywhere?
No the wire is hanging there. thank god....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold