Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #61
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
sounds like your school system is very small. different environment there entirely.

my sons school had 2400 students in it. lots of bussed in kids, for better education and what not.

wish I could tell you how many parents said the very same thing you just did before their child got to high school.

not saying it is there just don't be caught blindsided.
1300 kids in the HS not sure how big the middle school is. I'm up at that school a lot, probably 2-3 times a week usually after hours, not during school. It will be less now that football season is over though. I like what I see in the kids there. It gives me hope for the future. These kids are polite, dress normally and no weird shit like piercings, heavy makup, long black trench coats..... I see them and they are happy to be at school. Sure they have their little cliques that they keep to but that is expected. The school doesn't allow the kids to wear hats at all. Kids can't use cell phones at all during school hours except during lunch. That means no texting as well. It's so different than the HS I grew up in L.A.

News stories like this is why I chose this school district. Now I'm not going to say that NOTHING bad will ever happen at the school, but I assure you that that the chances are far less than that of a metro area school.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #62
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
The other question is are they true thugs or just wannabes. Some of these guys will play the part but if threatened will back right down where as a true thug wont.

Tom
True.

But how much of a threat is a girl that has already been subdued?

The problem with wannabe's is that they often want to "prove" they really are hardcore and given the opportunity they may jump.

If you were in that same kid's face he'd back down quick-like.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #63
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
True.

But how much of a threat is a girl that has already been subdued?

The problem with wannabe's is that they often want to "prove" they really are hardcore and given the opportunity they may jump.

If you were in that same kid's face he'd back down quick-like.
True, as well, I was making more of a generalization though. In this case I think theyre beyond wannabes to do something like this in front of people, sometimes the wannabes may have a good set of values and would realize hey this is wrong, but could also get caught up in the mob mentality and go with the flow.

I still would love to know was this girl target speciffically for some reason, was it just a random thing or did she just get so drunk and the opportunity sort of presented itself and it went from there?

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #64
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Wow.

Really? Y'all think rape is one of the lowest forms of crime? I don't mean to be shocked - but, the majority of the women in my life have been forced into some sexual situation. And, it's usually considered "Date Rape" because it's someone that the woman knows and trusts. How is it that men feel this way - yet it continues to happen in all parts of society?
I used to work with an older guy, professional looking, not thuggish at all. We were in the mailroom one day talking about general guy stuff, gettin' laid, boobies, etc. etc. I forget exactly how the conversation came to this point but I remember him saying, "Well sometimes you gotta take the pussy." I thought he was joking and quoting Dave Chappelle. But no.

I was like whatever dude and he gave me this sly look and said, "Come on Josh, I know you done took the pussy before." And I was kind of speechless because his mentality was that every guy rapes a woman at some point and that's just how it is.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #65
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Wow.

Really? Y'all think rape is one of the lowest forms of crime? I don't mean to be shocked - but, the majority of the women in my life have been forced into some sexual situation. And, it's usually considered "Date Rape" because it's someone that the woman knows and trusts. How is it that men feel this way - yet it continues to happen in all parts of society?
I have never forced sex, and never would.

I have begged...lots, but never forced.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #66
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I used to work with an older guy, professional looking, not thuggish at all. We were in the mailroom one day talking about general guy stuff, gettin' laid, boobies, etc. etc. I forget exactly how the conversation came to this point but I remember him saying, "Well sometimes you gotta take the pussy." I thought he was joking and quoting Dave Chappelle. But no.

I was like whatever dude and he gave me this sly look and said, "Come on Josh, I know you done took the pussy before." And I was kind of speechless because his mentality was that every guy rapes a woman at some point and that's just how it is.
In talking to a lot of women, it seems to be a recurring theme. Most won't talk about it as it is their belief that it is just something they have to do to keep their man... to shut up and take it.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #67
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Because most women are attracted to the "bad boys" How many of them reported it to the police? How many of them returned to the same damned guy afterwards?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #68
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Because most women are attracted to the "bad boys" How many of them reported it to the police? How many of them returned to the same damned guy afterwards?
Once I see they go back to the guy I prety much loose all sympathy for them, seen too many battered women saying I love him blah blah blah. Ok see ya next time if he doesnt kill you first.

Tom
Old 10-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #69
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Once I see they go back to the guy I prety much loose all sympathy for them, seen too many battered women saying I love him blah blah blah. Ok see ya next time if he doesnt kill you first.

Tom
They were probably raped as a teenager and have serious self esteem issues. That's why (a lot) of them go back. They've never been told they can do better.

Or they believe that it was somehow their fault that it happened.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #70
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
They were probably raped as a teenager and have serious self esteem issues. That's why (a lot) of them go back. They've never been told they can do better.

Or they believe that it was somehow their fault that it happened.
let me add to my statement this was for women assaulted by their husbands/babies daddy etc... not women who were raped. All the cases I helped take care of they pressed charges and I think ones in court now but the others were all easily convicted.

Tom