Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #61
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

This is funny I remember My Dad and his peers talking about Honda's in the early 60s with about the same level of contempt you see here for the Hyosung. I suspect withing 4 or for years they will have a good base and be producing a product much like Hyundai and KIA
( My wife and I have Owned Hyundai Nissan Hummer Chrysler Dodge and a Honda since 99 BTW I mean owned not financed or leased) I would take the Hyundai over any of the Model to Model (My Ridgeline is the closest to Competition to Hyundai in terms of reliability with Nissan by Far being the worst.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #62
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I would never by a hyosung, and not for the quality of the bike (which from what I've seen is lacking), or for the lifespan of the engine (also lacking).

My real problem with the Hyo brand is that I can go 10 miles from my house and stop by a honda shop and pick up almost any part for my bike, If I go down to Florida I can do the same, Cali, Ohio, South Dakota, Arizona, I guarantee you that there is a Honda dealer somewhat close. I also guarantee that they will find me the parts that I want.

Will Hyosung have a dealer? Will they be able to get you parts? Will that dealership be there 5 years from now? Can I get parts 5 years from now.

Thats my real problem with Hyosung, that and horror stories about bikes that literally die after 1000 miles

Last edited by derf; 11-07-2009 at 10:52 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #63
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I would never by a hyosung, and not for the quality of the bike (which from what I've seen is lacking), or for the lifespan of the engine (also lacking).

My real problem with the Hyo brand is that I can go 10 miles from my house and stop by a honda shop and pick up almost any part for my bike, If I go down to Florida I can do the same, Cali, Ohio, South Dakota, Arizona, I guarantee you that there is a Honda dealer somewhat close. I also guarantee that they will find me the parts that I want.

Will Hyosung have a dealer? Will they be able to get you parts? Will that dealership be there 5 years from now? Can I get parts 5 years from now.

Thats my real problem with Hyosung, that and horror stories about bikes that literally die after 1000 miles
As far as Horror stories go EVERY Brand has them and again The same lack of Dealerships and support was sighted by my dad (which is odd cause at the time he was riding Victoria Burgermiester) and his Harley/Indian Chronies when they Talked about Honda back in 1963/1964 I don't know if they will be in the states ten years from now but good odds they will be and if New England reflects the rest of the country the Dealer Network is only Growing. (BTW By law there has to be a means of getting parts for 10 years. ) Brand Snobbery amazes saddens me but Your point about dealer Network is well taken. Back in 06 when the wife and I were looking for a Luxury Tourer we were down to picking Between the Goldwing and the BMW LT both are GREAT bikes at the same price point, each a little better is some areas than the other but for us it came down to Service Networks You have to leave the planet not to be able to find a Honda Dealer (If dad were alive I wonder what he would say)
Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #64
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
As far as Horror stories go EVERY Brand has them and again The same lack of Dealerships and support was sighted by my dad (which is odd cause at the time he was riding Victoria Burgermiester) and his Harley/Indian Chronies when they Talked about Honda back in 1963/1964 I don't know if they will be in the states ten years from now but good odds they will be and if New England reflects the rest of the country the Dealer Network is only Growing. (BTW By law there has to be a means of getting parts for 10 years. ) Brand Snobbery amazes saddens me but Your point about dealer Network is well taken. Back in 06 when the wife and I were looking for a Luxury Tourer we were down to picking Between the Goldwing and the BMW LT both are GREAT bikes at the same price point, each a little better is some areas than the other but for us it came down to Service Networks You have to leave the planet not to be able to find a Honda Dealer (If dad were alive I wonder what he would say)
I wouldnt have bought a Honda back in the early 60's either.

KTM, is another brand I'm leary of, not because of their reputation (good), but just because every KTM dealership that I have seen opened I've also seen closed. I really likt thier bikes, just not the support network.

And your point about parts for 10 years is well taken, except for the fact that just because they sell parts in the US doesn't mean it will be easy to get them. Imagine trying to talk to some korean guy on the other side of the globe asking for a whoozit that goes on the whatzit. Then waiting 4 weeks for them to ship the part here from korea.

Hyo really needs to prove themselfs in this market, really spreading out into the botique bike shops, and it would also help if I ever seen one that isnt in the shop for major repairs.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #65
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I read that, but there was no closeup to see what the hell that is.
eh? VFD? vacuum fluorescent display. ive always liked them, hell i even swapped to them in my daytona.

this is interesting, race results from a team running a gt650r

http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/information/bbsread.asp
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #66
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
eh? VFD? vacuum fluorescent display. ive always liked them, hell i even swapped to them in my daytona.

Guess the thread is broken too

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #67
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

So 2 engines, and a trail of parts on track over 3 races and a 2nd and 3rd place finish is successful?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #68
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Guess the thread is broken too

tom
ahh fer cryin out loud

Hyosung Motors America is excited to announce that EP Racing has once again placed in last weekends CCS Race at the Firebird International Raceway in Phoenix, AZ. EP Racing won 2nd place on the recent CCS Thunderbike and 3rd place in Light Weight Superbike and Light Weight GP. Hyosung Motors America would like to congratulate EP Racing for their continual success. Please see below to read the press release on EP Racing results from last weekends CCS race.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

EP Racing Takes 2nd Aboard the Hyosung GT 650R

Firebird Raceway, Phoenix, Oct. 4th, 2009 ? It was a windy weekend at the tight and technical West Track in Phoenix, yet Matt Kellerman (#63) was able to stay on the bike for three more podium finishes. Entering Round 7 of the CCS Southwest Series, EP Racing was looking to move up to third in the standings for Thunderbike as well as claiming Third Overall in the Lightweight Division. Happily both goals were accomplished with EP Racing taking a weekend best of 2nd in the Thunderbike race.

The bike was running great after last months fixes, so the only modification made for the race was a new paint job to make the Hyosung GT650R stand out on the track and help highlight our sponsors. The team received many compliments on the bike throughout the weekend, and as the pictures show, the bike looks great at speed!

Race 1: Matt was a little late getting out for the warm-up lap, which led to a bad start at the drop of the green flag. He was able to hold on to the back of the two bikes in front for half the race, but on lap 5 he could no longer shift through his gears. Matt had to retire from the race and found the culprit to be a missing footpeg bracket bolt. Not the best way to start the day but with the addition of a new bolt the team was ready for the next race.

Race 2: LW Superbike saw the winds really start to pickup and some dust starting settle on the track. Another rough start saw Matt slotted into 4th into Turn 1. The bike in front ridden by Kerry Alter (#21) was a heavily worked SV650 that rocketed out of the corners. Matt would bring his GT right behind number 21 into the corners only to see his work lost as Kerry used his power advantage to pull away on the short straights. #63 was finally able to pass Alter on Lap 5 and immediately started to pull a big gap. But it was too little too late as the front runners had already pulled away. Matt brought it home in 3rd.

Race 3: Thunder bike started nearly the same as LW Superbike yet this time the Hyosung was 3rd into turn 1. This time Matt was able to get past Kerry on Lap 2 and set off after Dustin who was in the lead. The wind was kicking up some serious dust at this point and halfway through the lap a sand storm blew across the track, knocking the visibility down to near zero. Matt said “I couldn't see 2 feet in front of me at one point, so I just held the throttle open and hoped I didn't run out of asphalt!” The GT650R weathered the storm and brought it home in 2nd.

At the end of the weekend EP Racing and the GT650R have moved into a tie for 3rd in Thunderbike, and have moved into 3rd overall for all the Lightweight Classes. EP Racing would like to thank all of its sponsors, PowersportsOutlet.com, Hyosung Motors America, Hyosung.Biz, Dunlop, EBC, BMC, LSL, and Puig for another successful weekend.

Next month will see the team and their GT650R return to the Main track for the 8th and Final race of the season. The event is scheduled for the weekend of November 14 - 15, 2009. For more information log on to Roadrace Southwest.

EP Racing is based out of Prescott, AZ and have been racing the Hyosung GT650R since 2006. They have achieved multiple victory's, countless podium finishes, a LW GT title, and other honors, in both the CCS, and SMRI race series. For more information you can contact the team at 928-778-7910 or email: shop@epfguzzi.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
So 2 engines, and a trail of parts on track over 3 races and a 2nd and 3rd place finish is successful?
i said interesting
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #69
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Well I've lived in two cities with my vfr and ninja 250 and non of the dealers had the parts I've ever needed.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #70
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Well I've lived in two cities with my vfr and ninja 250 and non of the dealers had the parts I've ever needed.
Probably not in stock, but 10:1 they could rush order your parts and have em in next day if you asked em to. hyosung kinda cant do that. hell they can hardly keep a motor together for 1000 miles.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote