Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #51
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea, I can't ride a 600. I put tires on my buddy's bike last week and rode it to his house for him and I hated every mile. There is just something about a liter bike that appeals to me...
I put a new from tire on he R6 Friday night and took it out for a spin to check everything after I was finished. I 'almost never' ride the R6 anymore since my wife took it over and started riding. I hopped on it...hit the road...all seemed good at low speed...warmed the tires up and hit it and was like WTF...I thought something was wrong with it and then remembered where the power was. After I hit 10k it was a beast from then on but down low...not so much.

I know this 675 and even the 636 mentioned would have more down low...or at least I think they should but up top the R6 is a blast.

Saturday morning we got up and went for a ride. I hopped on my R1...hit the road...went through the gears and said..."ahhhh...daddy's home !!"

I know the track is different but on the street...give me my litre please.

I've already mentioned that I think the 675 in the original post is sexy...and it is !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
It looks sweet but that swingarm looks so damn frail.

As far as middleweights go I still prefer the GSXR750, not that I'd own one again but... liter performance from a 600 weight class... you can't beat it.
I really like the 750 quite a bit.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #52
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

The 675's whole gimmick is that it has more torque than a 600 I4...but in reality the torque numbers aren't that much different. I'd imagine the triple puts its peak torque down in the rev range a bit more than the I4.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #53
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The 675's whole gimmick is that it has more torque than a 600 I4...but in reality the torque numbers aren't that much different. I'd imagine the triple puts its peak torque down in the rev range a bit more than the I4.
Yeah, according to the dyno, the 675 peak torque comes at a much lower rev.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #54
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I know on the R6 at 6-7k rpm...it is as flat as a coca-cola that has been sitting in the fridge for a week with no cap on it. Once you hit 10k...all the way to close to 17k it's like an energy drink !!

Being flat down low though...in all honesty did play in to the reason my wife was turned loose on one as her first bike. She's not a kid so she paid attention when I told her DO NOT rev it past 8k...period !!

Now that it's been 2 years she revs the pizz out of it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #55
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
The 675 just isn't enough motor. Sounds pretty awesome though. My buddy has one and he loves it.
That is how I feel about XBs.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #56
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
How could I have left that out. Of course, Tiggers. Honestly, there are a billion of the blue and white stock GSXR's out there...but there were always my favorite. And as I've said before, your bike looks awesome.

Maybe the 80+ ft lbs of torque?
Mmmmm could be! Yea I'm totally with you! To me a liter bike is just a much better street bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I know on the R6 at 6-7k rpm...it is as flat as a coca-cola that has been sitting in the fridge for a week with no cap on it. Once you hit 10k...all the way to close to 17k it's like an energy drink !!

Being flat down low though...in all honesty did play in to the reason my wife was turned loose on one as her first bike. She's not a kid so she paid attention when I told her DO NOT rev it past 8k...period !!

Now that it's been 2 years she revs the pizz out of it.
Yea that was always part of my argument for 600s as starter bikes. As long as you stay out of the higher rev range, it's a pussy cat!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #58
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea that was always part of my argument for 600s as starter bikes. As long as you stay out of the higher rev range, it's a pussy cat!
I'd even go as far as to say the same applies to the 750. Below 5K it is very manageable and you can easily putt around below that range even at highway speed. You'd be short shifting but it's still manageable.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #59
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'd even go as far as to say the same applies to the 750. Below 5K it is very manageable and you can easily putt around below that range even at highway speed. You'd be short shifting but it's still manageable.
Thats what I told the kid who bought my Zuk...keep it below 6k and you're golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
That is how I feel about XBs.
Fair enough. The XB does everything I need it to do...including make over 60 ft lbs at 2000 rpm. And it sounds killer.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #60
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Fair enough. The XB does everything I need it to do...including make over 60 ft lbs at 2000 rpm. And it sounds killer.
It does. And it is a bike I consider every once in a while(especially the lightning).