Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #51
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I'll say the same for this that I say about Autism: is it really that there are more cases or are we just getting better at diagnosing the problem than we have been in the past?
I think it's more the latter; I think previously many cases might have just gone un- or mis-diagnosed.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #52
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I think it's more the latter; I think previously many cases might have just gone un- or mis-diagnosed.
or the kids were put in detention for no reason.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #53
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
or the kids were put in detention for no reason.
Exactly. Those are the kids that ended up getting kicked out of school because they were undiagnosed. I do believe a lot of it has to do with both diet and vaccinations. Preservatives and food colorings do awful things to the body. I don't believe it is hereditary though. My daughter in fine ans so is my wife. I could be wrong but as far I can tell, I don't have it either. The people who met me in Indy might have a different opinion though.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #54
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Exactly. Those are the kids that ended up getting kicked out of school because they were undiagnosed. I do believe a lot of it has to do with both diet and vaccinations. Preservatives and food colorings do awful things to the body. I don't believe it is hereditary though. My daughter in fine ans so is my wife. I could be wrong but as far I can tell, I don't have it either. The people who met me in Indy might have a different opinion though.

I think it's partly genetic. I believe some folks are born with a higher susceptibility to heavy metals and the neurological impacts they bring.

Normally, it wouldn't be an issue, but when you introduce quantities that are high enough to impact an adult into a child weiging less than 10lbs with a brain completely unformed bad things happen.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #55
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

I've heard that most studies about the Mercury in vaccines show no link to the various childhood illnesses blamed on them.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #56
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
I've heard that most studies about the Mercury in vaccines show no link to the various childhood illnesses blamed on them.

Not correct. Results inconclusive.

--Erik Buell

Old 11-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #57
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Not correct. Results inconclusive.
exactly. which is science speak for "We have data but don't know what the fuck to think of it"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #58
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Quote:
There is a place in Chicago that takes hair, blood and semen samples to determine what he might be deficient in, in his diet. We are taking him there after a neighbor of ours had really good results from what they found out with him so they recommend it to us. Hopefully it will help James as well.
Good Luck my thoughts and prayers are with you. One book that helped me is Is This Your Child? I can't remember the author. Can find it if you want. It gives some really sound advice. I found that Red Dye #5 was a major contributing vactor to my sons violent episodes so stay away from anything red!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #59
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
There is a place in Chicago that takes hair, blood and semen samples to determine what he might be deficient in, in his diet. We are taking him there after a neighbor of ours had really good results from what they found out with him so they recommend it to us. Hopefully it will help James as well.
We pursued that path as well.

We went to Pfeiffer Treatment Center: http://www.hriptc.org/

They didn't find anything conclusive unfortunately. I really hope you guys find something in the tests that helps.

We were prepared to go through with the chelation therapy, but there wasn't a particular imbalance to target. They were really great at the clinic, though. You can imagine how fun it is to draw blood from an austic 5 year old.

We also did the Feingold Diet and the Gluten Free Casein Free (GFCF) Diet.

We did get some benefit from the Feingold diet when Noah was young. He was most sensitive to grapes and raisins.

--Erik Buell

Old 11-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #60
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

My son is high function Autistic/Asperger's, he also has a cousin on his mom's side who is very, very autistic. I think genetics have a bit to do with it but in the area we are from, there is a very high concentration of Autism. There is a giant chemical maufacturer in the area. The toxins and heavy metals in the watershed had to be a contributing factor. In the area that I am in now, there is a great camp and lots of Autism focused therapy and family help. I cant wait to get him here and take him to the camp, Anyone that thinks these kids that really are aflicted, I pray that you never know how hard it is to deal with this. We have to monitor food, he cant wear certain textiles and if he get startled he turtles or hides. Certain sounds set off reactions and "Bubba" has hearing problems and a speech impediment. I have not spoken with him on the phone because it takes him almost a week to return to his "schedule".

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote