Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #51
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Lots of people still don't have internet. A lot of people don't live in cities or have access to broadband. It's a stupid thing to do to cut an entire group of people out of even being able to play the system.
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...172308528.html

Quote:
"We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity - it's called Xbox 360," Don Mattrick told Geoff Keighley on GameTrailers.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #52
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

"Hopefully people will look past price. Its not about money, its about value."

Damn. Straight out saying how its fun to be rich from people willing to pay anything.

Its already $60 for a 6 hour game. Value, yea its sprinkled with. value.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #53
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Value... yeah value as the other media components that I already have in my house. The hubris of the company is astounding. They have become the "Apple" of the console world. I hope this system dies in a big fucking ball of fire.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #54
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Call up and cancel your auto renewals and have them remove your credit card info from your account. I did it the other day.

It's not much, but it's at least a bit of a message.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #55
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Not that I care much about indie games, but here goes Microsoft digging themselves deeper:

http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-xbox...233036169.html

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #56
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

M$ isnt worried. All tyey need is one COD game and millions of consoles are sold.

Ive been getting into indie gakes. Bought that hovering pistol game on steam and need to download it. Its physics related or something.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #57
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
M$ isnt worried. All tyey need is one COD game and millions of consoles are sold.

Ive been getting into indie gakes. Bought that hovering pistol game on steam and need to download it. Its physics related or something.
I don't think COD would get it done since that series is not proprietary to xbox. I suspect the next COD release will drive sales of millions of consoles, but they can just as easily be, and currently seems more likely to be, PS4s. MS needs an xbox only game (Halo, Forza?) to reach "must have" status quickly to drive xbox console sales.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #58
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I don't think COD would get it done since that series is not proprietary to xbox. I suspect the next COD release will drive sales of millions of consoles, but they can just as easily be, and currently seems more likely to be, PS4s. MS needs an xbox only game (Halo, Forza?) to reach "must have" status quickly to drive xbox console sales.
Halo 5 was announced at E3. But that shit is than a monther effer.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 06-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #59
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

It took them a little bit, but they finally reversed their decision.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #60
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Thank freaking Jesus.... I didn't want to be a PS fan!!!!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold