Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #51
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Publishing for the masses something that can be FOUND with enough effort and time by anyone (two things a CRIMINAL doesn't both putting forth EFFORT and TIME...hence WHY they are criminals) is a real problem! Especially if LE HOME information has been outted.
Exactly. Birth and death information are public record, too. Does that mean an interactive map should be made that shows the home address of people who recently died? Maybe they can be color coded to show whether or not any remaining living persons live in the home, since that's public record too. If the person that died was the last person living at that address, and they have no living relatives within 300 miles, they should be marked with a special bright red dot. Nobody should care because it's just public information, right? Has been for many a decade!

The way information is presented is every bit as relevant as the information itself when it comes to making it available to the general public. Apparently a significant portion of the population is too stupid to recognize such a basic principle.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Exactly. Birth and death information are public record, too. Does that mean an interactive map should be made that shows the home address of people who recently died? Maybe they can be color coded to show whether or not any remaining living persons live in the home, since that's public record too. If the person that died was the last person living at that address, and they have no living relatives within 300 miles, they should be marked with a special bright red dot. Nobody should care because it's just public information, right? Has been for many a decade!

The way information is presented is every bit as relevant as the information itself when it comes to making it available to the general public. Apparently a significant portion of the population is too stupid to recognize such a basic principle.
The problem for you is the population is ok with it. The amount of information you can obtain easily from facebook is astonishing and that's people willing providing that information for anyone to look at, privacy controls on there are a joke.

A lot of this information has always been really easy to get and the little map is in no way relevant. If you really have a problem with it, you should fight the FOIA in it's entirity in regard to this type of release, not just because someone puts up a silly map. The government had nothing to do with the map in the first place. It's a newspaper that did it, they did nothing illegal by putting together the map, so you need to start by stopping how they got the information to put together the map....

Someone posted that they should make a map like this of welfare recipents last night. I replied that they should get off their ass and file the FOIA requests and make the damn thing instead of sitting on their ass making facebook posts.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #53
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Information you volunteer is quite different from information you are required to provide, especially when that information is advertised very publically by a 3rd party.

Say you didn't want your address to be public information... it already is, but you don't have a choice in that matter. However, you don't go around posting it everywhere... Now say, I get online and search property records... and then I post your address on every forum you frequent. Is that ok?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #54
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

Say you didn't want your address to be public information... it already is, but you don't have a choice in that matter. However, you don't go around posting it everywhere... Now say, I get online and search property records... and then I post your address on every forum you frequent. Is that ok?

That's why we have AMJ
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #55
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Information you volunteer is quite different from information you are required to provide, especially when that information is advertised very publically by a 3rd party.

It's public information, unfortunately it's completely legal as long as its public info. You would have to prove its meant for harassment or some other crime for it not be ok.

Could also be against forum rules and you could get admins to remove it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #56
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
No fair. He's omniscient.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #57
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
A lot of this information has always been really easy to get and the little map is in no way relevant.
I can't tell if you're just not reading what I am saying, being intentionally obtuse, or worse.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #58
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I can't tell if you're just not reading what I am saying, being intentionally obtuse, or worse.
I can't tell if you are a just a fucking moron or pretending to be one. The information is available, someone making it into a pretty map is of no consequence. If you have a problem with the information being available, you need to deal with that aspect of it, not someone making a fucking pretty presentation of it.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #59
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
I can't tell if you are a just a fucking moron or pretending to be one. The information is available, someone making it into a pretty map is of no consequence. If you have a problem with the information being available, you need to deal with that aspect of it, not someone making a fucking pretty presentation of it.
End of thread.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #60
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Quote:
I can't tell if you are a just a fucking moron or pretending to be one. The information is available, someone making it into a pretty map is of no consequence.
So it's the last one. I figured as much but tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Totally unrelated - ever notice when Avatard resorted to dropping F-bombs to make a point, it made him sound like a knuckle-dragging mouth breather that couldn't see what was right in front of him, no matter how many times people tried to explain it?