Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #51
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I wasnt talking about whether its only the womans choice dork, I was talking about Homie's ignorant post.

As far as risks for taking brith control go, why dont you get on it and see what it does to YOUR Body before preaching that a woman needs to put a foreign chemical in her body so that you dont have to worry about getting her pregnant.

Why dont you risk all forms of cancer, weight gain, heart disease, hormonal imbalances and a 100 other side effects of borth control before deciding what a woman shoud and shouldnt do.
How is mine the only "ignorant" post, when I was simply agreeing with what a couple other people said?

The whole point was, if society says that men can't have a choice in whether a women has the baby, then they shouldn't be forced to pay for one either.

And as far as your statement about equal pay for equal work.......Yes, I know there have been tons of studies confirming that there's a pay gap between men and women, but that doesn't prove there's a conspiracy to hold women down. In my experience, men are simply more aggressive about their careers than women are, especially when it comes to asking for promotions and raises.

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-29-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Society, as a whole, has an interest in that sort of thing. That's why we have laws that force the man to support a child that he has sired. I have no children and I can tell you for damned sure that I don't want to be paying for what you created, because the mother is on welfare and you're a deadbeat.

You see more than just two people are involved, no matter how things started.
I understand the practicallity in this society is impossible. However, it's my opinion on the matter. I don't agree with welfare either. I think it should be voluntary, like charity.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #53
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I understand the practicallity in this society is impossible. However, it's my opinion on the matter. I don't agree with welfare either. I think it should be voluntary, like charity.
All the more reason to make sure that a man pays his part for the child that he created. I also don't want to have to step over dead women and children to get into the supermarket.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #54
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I agree, if the man wants the right to say "I want nothing to do with this baby", he has to give up any idea that he has a say in abortion at all. He will have to fully recognize that it's a woman's body, but in doing so a woman will lose the right to forcibly include the man as a participant (financial donor) in a baby that could of been destroyed.
Yep...again.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #55
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
All the more reason to make sure that a man pays his part for the child that he created. I also don't want to have to step over dead women and children to get into the supermarket.
I do, babies are exceptionally soft. Dead baby shoes would rock.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #56
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Paul, great first post, Im just going to ignore the second one.

Trip, I think you are just arguing to hear yourself arguing.

Paul summed it up perfectly in his post about the responsibilities involved. If a woman makes the choice and the guy disagrees then decides to walk, whats fair about that? If a woman is 100% sure she doesnt want to do it and pretty sure the guy is gonna walk later anyway, why should she have to suffer so he can change his mind later.

Nobody can have it both ways. Guys dont want to worry about a woman making the choice for them? 1)Dont fuck everything with breasts. 2)Get snipped 3)Abstinence
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #57
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How is mine the only "ignorant" post, when I was simply agreeing with what a couple other people said?

The whole point was, if society says that men can't have a choice in whether a women has the baby, then they shouldn't be forced to pay for one either.

And as far as your statement about equal pay for equal work.......Yes, I know there have been tons of studies confirming that there's a pay gap between men and women, but that doesn't prove there's a conspiracy to hold women down. In my experience, men are simply more aggressive about their careers than women are, especially when it comes to asking for promotions and raises.

My response was aimed at your attitiude that women obviously shouldnt have rights. Thats all.

Quote:
Women are given so much slack in this country it's ridiculous. "Oh we must protect women and their feelings!!! They are the fairer sex, so whatever they ask for should be granted"
What exactly are we given that has anything to do with our fairer sex. History shows that the "fairer sex" has had to fight to get what we have today, we werent "given" anything.

I brought up the pay and equality in response to your statement as a general example of how obviously women do not get whatever they want because we're women.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #58
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
My response was aimed at your attitiude that women obviously shouldnt have rights. Thats all.

Really.........Please point out where I said anything like that.

Funny, aren't you the one who accused Smittie of putting words in your mouth last week?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #59
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:

Paul summed it up perfectly in his post about the responsibilities involved. If a woman makes the choice and the guy disagrees then decides to walk, whats fair about that? If a woman is 100% sure she doesnt want to do it and pretty sure the guy is gonna walk later anyway, why should she have to suffer so he can change his mind later.

Nobody can have it both ways. Guys dont want to worry about a woman making the choice for them? 1)Dont fuck everything with breasts. 2)Get snipped 3)Abstinence
Well first of all....obviously these women are fecking too or they wouldn't be getting pregnant...so it's not just the men.

I still feel it's just not fair/right that the guy has NO say so...he just has to stand on the sideline until the woman makes the choice. Like I said earlier...what if he does want the baby and she doesn't...he's heartbroken and she can just say too bad so sad I'm aborting...BUT if she wants the baby and he doesn't...he is forced in to it and has to write a check every month for 18 years...I still say that's BS. Give the baby to the guy and you write the check every month for 18 years.

Oh and by the way I've been snipped...wasn't falling in to this chit.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #60
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Paul, great first post, Im just going to ignore the second one.

Trip, I think you are just arguing to hear yourself arguing.

Why cause I don't agree with your opinion? No, actually I have a strong opinion on the matter.

If she wants the baby and the guy wants nothing to do with it, she gets to shoulder the responsibility. If she can't shoulder it, get rid of the baby. It's not that hard.

It's better than if the guy wants the baby and she doesn't, tough shit; and if she wants the baby and the guy doesnt, tough shit. Guys suddenly get a say in the process and suddenly it's unfair...

He wouldn't be able to change his mind later, if he abandoned the child, that's it he's out of the picture. He has no parental rights or connection to the child. If you are going to set up child support payments, it's a load easier to sign a paper in court to say you waive parental responsibility.

BTW, women are just as much of whores as guys and can also get their tubes tied or burn up their vag or not fuck.