Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #51
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Off topic, what is with all the hate you guys have for bankruptcy?

Someone fucks up and gets in over their head, its the best way to straighten shit out IMO. Wipes the slate clean and lets you get on with your life. Its only money.

Sure, i'd much prefer not to, but if it came down to it, fuck it, theres much worse things to worry about.
It's the fact that people are allowed to just hit the reset button and start over, then go on and do the same shit that got them in the mess in the first place. It's one thing if you're living a good life that you can afford, then get seriously injured, have an extended hospital stay, lose your income and go deep into debt. I can understand bankruptcy fora a situation such as that, only if there is no other option. However, many people filing for bankruptcy simply made horrible decisions, file bankruptcy, then start all over again down the path of horrible decisions.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #52
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Off topic, what is with all the hate you guys have for bankruptcy?

Someone fucks up and gets in over their head, its the best way to straighten shit out IMO. Wipes the slate clean and lets you get on with your life. Its only money.

Sure, i'd much prefer not to, but if it came down to it, fuck it, theres much worse things to worry about.
Because, in the end, those of us that play by the rules and plan ahead get fucked by those that charge off their lives.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #53
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
It's the fact that people are allowed to just hit the reset button and start over, then go on and do the same shit that got them in the mess in the first place. It's one thing if you're living a good life that you can afford, then get seriously injured, have an extended hospital stay, lose your income and go deep into debt. I can understand bankruptcy fora a situation such as that, only if there is no other option. However, many people filing for bankruptcy simply made horrible decisions, file bankruptcy, then start all over again down the path of horrible decisions.
I agree that it shouldnt be used as an 'out'...

But if she really cant pay it (though I do agree she's a doctor, so fuck her), then I have no problem with it.

But, there should be no second time allowed, unless circumstances are extenuating.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #54
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Because, in the end, those of us that play by the rules and plan ahead get fucked by those that charge off their lives.
Yeah, that sounds about right.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #55
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Not everyone that goes into debt plays the plastic game. Some are just tossed shit on a plate and get it shoved down their throat. Lost jobs, accidents (house fires, injuries, car wrecks etc), people that can't go back to work from one of the above accidents, robbery, identity theft..

I agree in this case though; bitch is a Dr. She should just hold off on the toys till she gets her shit set straight.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:03 AM   #56
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I couldn't give two shits about her credit. I'm talking just like Cpt. She can just make it disappear and still make the money off her education. I dont care if its different from "property."
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #57
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
Not everyone that goes into debt plays the plastic game. Some are just tossed shit on a plate and get it shoved down their throat. Lost jobs, accidents (house fires, injuries, car wrecks etc), people that can't go back to work from one of the above accidents, robbery, identity theft..

I agree in this case though; bitch is a Dr. She should just hold off on the toys till she gets her shit set straight.
I'm referring to people in HER situation. They whine - that's all they do. If more people looked at it as a LAST resort, like it was designed, I don't think I would have the issue with it that I do.

But, that goes for anything from welfare to abortions....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote