Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #51
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I have gone offroading out there a few times and its quite the adventure to say the least. Got thrown over the bars of my bike once when the front tire planted in a crater out there

Tom
Thats what makes that track tough, the rough ass pavement.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #52
tommymac
Moto GP Star

the pavement on east wasnt too bad if you knew where the bumps/transitions are but to go after a nascrap event is a whole other adventutre.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #53
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
the pavement on east wasnt too bad if you knew where the bumps/transitions are but to go after a nascrap event is a whole other adventutre.
I've only rode East. I remember the transitions on to the NASCAR part being pretty rough.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #54
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I've only rode East. I remember the transitions on to the NASCAR part being pretty rough.
going on to the back straight wasnt too bad if you stayed tight to the inside and same for comming off the straight.

I think they did some patchwork 2 yrs ago and that changed things up around the bus stop.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #55
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Funny, the beginner / intermediate control riders just bomb around in B and C at fast A group pace. I bet they don't have issues getting back up to race pace. I've had them almost take me out a couple of times and exchanged words.
We have a few douchebags like that too. More often than not they got handed a CR spot because they are "someone". I've had to say something to get some to chill out. The owner of the org has asked more than one not to come back.

Pace is relative. What may seem to be "hauling-ass" in Nov/Int B/C/etc. may still be way off someone's "fast" pace.

Some people are better at "flipping the switch". I'm more of a dial guy. It takes me a few sessions to dial up to 100% after running at 40-80%.

BTW, I ran BT003's in my last race and at the last trackday: Loved them. Have you tried a set of the race compund yet?

Edit: sorry for the "egregious" use of "quotes."

Last edited by shmike; 01-05-2010 at 09:07 AM..
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #56
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
We have a few douchebags like that too. More often than not they got handed a CR spot because they are "someone". I've had to say something to get some to chill out. The owner of the org has asked more than one not to come back.

Pace is relative. What may seem to be "hauling-ass" in Nov/Int B/C/etc. may still be way off someone's "fast" pace.

Some people are better at "flipping the switch". I'm more of a dial guy. It takes me a few sessions to dial up to 100% after running at 40-80%.

BTW, I ran BT003's in my last race and at the last trackday: Loved them. Have you tried a set of the race compund yet?

We had that problem with a few orgs up here some of the coaches were just out there for a free track day and wouldnt do much but turn fast laps in whatever group they were in

A bunch of my friends are using the race compound stones and love them, I am going to use the 003's this year so we will see.

Tom
Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
going on to the back straight wasnt too bad if you stayed tight to the inside and same for comming off the straight.

I think they did some patchwork 2 yrs ago and that changed things up around the bus stop.
I remember a wierd bump a few feet after you come off the straight. I haven't been there in 3 years.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #58
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I remember a wierd bump a few feet after you come off the straight. I haven't been there in 3 years.
Was it abump or more of a dip, I think I remember that, its on that little straight before the double apex. Shit its been about 3 yrs since I have been there too.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #59
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Was it abump or more of a dip, I think I remember that, its on that little straight before the double apex. Shit its been about 3 yrs since I have been there too.
Yeah, more of a dip.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #60
Rider
Moto GP Star

Sometime this spring I am heading down to Pensacola to pick up a bike that my dad is giving me and then hitting the Gap on the way home. I still want to head over to Sturgis this year. Other than that is just going to be cruising around as often as I get a chance.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote