Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #51
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
cuz some idiot will want to D/L the whole inet and when it does start to cost the carrier $, then i guess they should chalk it up as a business loss. point is people are D/L T1 levels of info at home and wanting to pay "home" rates vs business rates. but of course it's the businesses fault for capping limits.
Why are you back on the "home" internet service thing again? Find me a $21,000 service charge for home service and that will be relevant.

It didn't cost Verizon anywhere near $21,000 to provide that service. Passing on that large of a bill and not notifying the consumer his bill was on an astronomical trend was irresponsible of the carrier.

Quote:
and if dude didn't clarify how much usage his plan entailed it's carriers responsiblity to remind him......... jut like avatard wants.
So you agree? I frankly can't tell what you're saying here.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #52
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
cuz some idiot will want to D/L the whole inet and when it does start to cost the carrier $, then i guess they should chalk it up as a business loss. point is people are D/L T1 levels of info at home and wanting to pay "home" rates vs business rates. but of course it's the businesses fault for capping limits.

so here we have case of uncapped usage and it burns somebody. but again it's the businesses fault.

and if dude didn't clarify how much usage his plan entailed it's carriers responsiblity to remind him......... jut like avatard wants.

Didn't you call the fire department because your kid locked you out of the house?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #53
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Why are you back on the "home" internet service thing again? Find me a $21,000 service charge for home service and that will be relevant.

It didn't cost Verizon anywhere near $21,000 to provide that service. Passing on that large of a bill and not notifying the consumer his bill was on an astronomical trend was irresponsible of the carrier.

So you agree? I frankly can't tell what you're saying here.
whats at home pricing have to do w/ phone carrier service, a more comparable thing would be texting rates and people who send a billion text on pay as you text plans. and get suprised when they get their bill........D'OH

does it really matter what it cost verizon? furniture has a 300% markup.........ar at least thats what i'm told.

are you the voice of reason, if not who is? and why is it verizons respon. vs the owner of the phone to police his own phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post

Didn't you call the fire department because your kid locked you out of the house?
um yeah, and they came and got me in my house. and still waiting for my bill? i guess thats what you're getting at.........or have i paid my bill w/ my taxes?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #54
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

um yeah, and they came and got me in my house. and still waiting for my bill? i guess thats what you're getting at.........or have i paid my bill w/ my taxes?
that's right, you did.........but so did everyone else.

you and everyone else in your hood is supporting the FD thru taxes.......Isn't it in your vested interest to use the FD as little as possible, or do you want your taxes to go up because of increased demand on the FD?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #55
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
that's right, you did.........but so did everyone else.

you and everyone else in your hood is supporting the FD thru taxes.......Isn't it in your vested interest to use the FD as little as possible, or do you want your taxes to go up because of increased demand on the FD?
and if they get swamped and need more manpower my taxes will go up accordingly......or some other type service will get diminshed manpower......
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #56
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
whats at home pricing have to do w/ phone carrier service,
You're the one that keeps bringing up home service and people wanting faster speeds, wanting "business" style service at home, etc.. Nobody else. Just you.

And now you question the validity of your own analogies.

Quote:
whats at home pricing have to do w/ phone carrier service, a more comparable thing would be texting rates and people who send a billion text on pay as you text plans. and get suprised when they get their bill........D'OH
Again, counting text messages and keeping track on invisible kilobytes - not comparable. And it's not what this thread is about, this is about data charges.

Quote:
does it really matter what it cost verizon? furniture has a 300% markup.........ar at least thats what i'm told.
The price of furniture is clearly marked. The number pieces of furniture you're purchasing is also clear. If unlimited sofas were available for $60, how many would you want for $21,000?

You should consider law school. You have a natural gift for making relevant arguments and clear, concise points.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #57
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
You're the one that keeps bringing up home service and people wanting faster speeds, wanting "business" style service at home, etc.. Nobody else. Just you.

And now you question the validity of your own analogies.

Again, counting text messages and keeping track on invisible kilobytes - not comparable. And it's not what this thread is about, this is about data charges.

The price of furniture is clearly marked. The number pieces of furniture you're purchasing is also clear. If unlimited sofas were available for $60, how many would.
its more like you goto a store and it says "cokes" for sale, you tell jr to get a few, and he gets a truck full, then you get pissed when you get the bill.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #58
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
You should consider law school. You have a natural gift for making relevant arguments and clear, concise points.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #59
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
and if they get swamped and need more manpower my taxes will go up accordingly......or some other type service will get diminshed manpower......
And how do they get swamped? By people using them (like you).....

You're like the guy who dumps his antifreeze down the sewer, saying "one guy doing it aint gonna hurt anything".........meanwhile telling his friends about it, so they think it's ok too.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #60
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And how do they get swamped? By people using them (like you).....

You're like the guy who dumps his antifreeze down the sewer, saying "one guy doing it aint gonna hurt anything".........meanwhile telling his friends about it, so they think it's ok too.
so then i should pay for a service and not use it, make sense to me.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.