Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #52
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I don't understand twitter.
Really? I'm honestly surprised. With all of the event kind of stuff you are involved in, I thought you'd be all over it. Twitter is an excellent avenue for promotion and hyping stuff up. It's also fun to goof around with. The super basic version of it is that it's the Facebook status update, minus the rest of Facebook. In the hands of a psycho like me, it's just fun to follow people and post useless, retarded shit. In the hands of a business or a person of interest, it's a great place to spread information, build interest, and promote.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #53
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I freaking love it. F facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's for asshats like marko, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Really? I'm honestly surprised. With all of the event kind of stuff you are involved in, I thought you'd be all over it. Twitter is an excellent avenue for promotion and hyping stuff up. It's also fun to goof around with. The super basic version of it is that it's the Facebook status update, minus the rest of Facebook. In the hands of a psycho like me, it's just fun to follow people and post useless, retarded shit. In the hands of a business or a person of interest, it's a great place to spread information, build interest, and promote.
Both of these statements contain vast amounts of truth.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #54
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I'm surprised too.

I could have sworn I saw an almost identical post from Azoom regarding Twitter a few years ago.

She (you) talked about using it to keep parents up to date for some group your kids were involved with. Or maybe it was the teachers were keeping parents in the loop?

Maybe it was another social networking site?

I'm w/ OSP. Fuck this shit.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #55
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

No "social media / attention whoring" for me, thanks.....
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #56
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I'm surprised too.

I could have sworn I saw an almost identical post from Azoom regarding Twitter a few years ago.

She (you) talked about using it to keep parents up to date for some group your kids were involved with. Or maybe it was the teachers were keeping parents in the loop?

Maybe it was another social networking site?

I'm w/ OSP. Fuck this shit.
It was probably something else. Or, it was when I was with the swim-team and only posted messages to Twitter when I needed to send something text-message like to a group of people.

Other than that, I don't see a use for it. For my trackdays, I use email to let people registered know what is going on - or to send a newsletter. I don't DO mass marketing, for a reason. Twitter is too close to mass marketing.

I still don't get it.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #57
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I think the difference between mass marketing and twitter is that you are reaching out to people who want to hear from you, rather than saturating an area and hoping that x amount of the people who receive your message will have any interest. The people who what to hear what you have to say or see what you have to sell will follow you, and yet still allows for growth from people who will search out their interests. A twitter account allows you to send quick messages without the need to mass email. It's not necessarily a replacement, but a complement.

Perhaps my view of twitter is skewed because I use it, but twitter seems less invasive than email. I follow some local businesses (food places mainly), and seeing them post a daily special or coupon on twitter gets me more interested in their products. If they sent me emails though, I'd send them right to the spam box and ignore their shit. Just has a different overall feel.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #58
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

plus 1
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #59
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Yep,

I knew it was coming, and I warned him.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #60
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
facebook is getting too proud of themselves, it's time to move on. Only thing facebook still has going for it over myspace, is that it never let people customize their page and allow them to put annoying songs no one wants to hear on them.
I hated the songs (except the ones that I liked) but if your volume was to high and you went on one that had a song it would scare the shit out of you. What I hated more was the loud backgrounds that made it impossible to read the page.

I hope Facebook doesn't go that way. I know there is a company advertising that it can be done now but I haven't seen anyone using it. They should be kicked in the nuts for even thinking of offering it.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote