Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #51
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Dad nevah taught you to drive a stick, eh? Stuck driving your old ladys 4 cylinder Civic automatic?

Don't worry about it....you're secret is safe with us.
My first car was manual, the truck I owned the longest was also a manual. I can drive a stick. Oh, and I can flat out beat the shit out of you on a motorcycle as well. Does it mean I am better than you? Fuck no. Does it mean anything? Fuck no.

I owned a 4 cylinder piece of crap auto civic for a long time. It was functional, got me from A to B, and got great gas mileage because of my long 50+ mile commute. The truck I own now is auto 4 cylinder. I don't need a stick truck or a MONSTER engine. I don't carry any load or use the truck in a manner that would require more. I buy automobiles that are functional in a price range I can buy without needing a loan. Plus, I don't have to prove my dick is big or that I am "cool."
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #52
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I hate you dude. Seriously. We drove all OVER this area this weekend. No one has anything. At all. And every Camaro or Mustang was a 6 and auto. Or sold.

*goes to price tickets to Wichita...*
http://criswellchevrolet.com/New-Inv...oryId=35545127

Local dealer has a couple.

BTW Trip-If it wasn't for regular people buying these cars, there'd be no cars to track.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #53
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
And you can argue all you want, but it doesnt make you right or me wrong. Thats why its called OPINION. Reading comprehension FTMFW douchenozzle.

It doesnt matter if we take it to the track or not, it was built to embody the old school muscle car imagery and feel...and thus what some of us, who appreciate a fine car (which we already know YOU DONT) want in a vehicle like that.

Soooo, if you dont like reading us bitching and moaning about it, get the fuck outta the thread.
Actually it is not opinion. It's truth. You bitching about someone's choice is wrong. There is no opinion to that. It's that person's choice. They are right in their opinion and choice. You are wrong for forcing your opinion on them.

You aren't appreciating a fine car, if you were, you would buy the 60's version that actual car buffs like instead of the shitty fat carbon copy. I love old cars, you know shit about what I think about sportscars if you are basing it on my choice of cars for daily use. I choose functional for daily use. I do not go out and get myself in debt for play toys. It's just not something I do.

I don't have to get the fuck out of the thread. If you don't like my opinion, get the fuck off my board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
BTW Trip-If it wasn't for regular people buying these cars, there'd be no cars to track.
If it wasn't for John Smith buying up the auto versions, there really wouldn't be all that much market for the other version either. Which would mean they wouldn't make these or they would be priced out of the range of the average buyer.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #54
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Sorry Trip, you lose this one. You arent even making sense.

Its my opinion its stupid to buy a auto sports car. Im not forcing that down anyones throat. We are having a discussion here of like minded individuals that all feel its not right to have an auto sports car, regardless of year or model.

We arent attacking anyone who bought an auto sports car, or calling them nasty names like you have done to us, we are just lamenting what we feel is a wrong choice. You are the one attacking and being a douche.

We cant help it if you dont agree or are having a shitty day and decide to be an asshole to us. It doesnt make our OPINION any more right to us, or wrong to you. Just makes you look like a giant bag of dick.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #55
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Oh, and I can flat out beat the shit out of you on a motorcycle as well.
Hypocrite much? Rail on Chi for making assumptions....voicing opinions....and spout off with this? You don't know me from Adam....so...you are either arrogant enough to belive you are bettah than ANYONE else....or you are spouting bullshit. Honestly not bothered eithah way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I owned a 4 cylinder piece of crap auto civic for a long time. It was functional, got me from A to B, and got great gas mileage because of my long 50+ mile commute. The truck I own now is auto 4 cylinder. I don't need a stick truck or a MONSTER engine. I don't carry any load or use the truck in a manner that would require more. I buy automobiles that are functional in a price range I can buy without needing a loan. Plus, I don't have to prove my dick is big or that I am "cool."
My wife has a nice Civic...4 cyclinder...4 door...very economical and functional....we drive it on trips...and she likes it to and from work and around town. Comfortable enough and easy on the gas. Me? I'm not hurting for money and I like toys....And you know what? I flog the piss out of the toys I own...to prove something to you or anyone else? No....I don't give a fuck about you....or anyone else. I do it because *I* want to....because *I* can.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #56
shmike
Follower

Quote:

Its my opinion its stupid to buy a auto sports car. Im not forcing that down anyones throat. We are having a discussion here of like minded individuals that all feel its not right to have an auto sports car, regardless of year or model.

We arent attacking anyone who bought an auto sports car, or calling them nasty names like you have done to us, we are just lamenting what we feel is a wrong choice. You are the one attacking and being a douche.

We cant help it if you dont agree or are having a shitty day and decide to be an asshole to us. It doesnt make our OPINION any more right to us, or wrong to you. Just makes you look like a giant bag of dick.
Please don't call any of the throw back American 2 doors "sports cars".
Old 06-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #57
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
http://criswellchevrolet.com/New-Inv...oryId=35545127

Local dealer has a couple.

Duuuude, killing me. Thats in MD!! Other than the color, looks spectacular.

Oh wait, Trip might get angry with me because I HATE Red. And he may not like that I dont think exactly like he does.

Red is the worst color ever, it makes me want to run out and stomp baby seals...

not.

Honestly, as bright as the green they have is, Im kinda digging it. I love the metallic flash. Of course there are a couple in my area, all 6 autos and hard top. I havent researched it, but anyone know off hand if they make the convertible in green?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #58
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Please don't call any of the throw back American 2 doors "sports cars".
Its a generic term dear...dont get your panties in a wad. Technically I think they still qualify, even if they dont make the heart go "thump" like the originals.

There's a local guy here, he's got a whole stable of rebuilt/all original muscle cars, specializing in the late 60's early 70's fastback mustangs...be still my heart...i love seeing his cars out and about. If I had the time and energy...one day maybe I can convince hubby to buy me one to fix up. Course Im sure I'll have to be old and retired before I have the time to invest in that...
Old 06-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #59
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:

Sorry, I don't.

You were looking down at the dude who owns the Shelby. He can go out and buy an Aprilia that comes OEM auto, BTW.

Lots of people don't want to deal with what they consider a hassle of a manual. A lot of the old timers and middle age folk that buy these cars, aren't going to see how fast they can make it to the pharmacy to pick up their hip medication. They buy them cause they look "cool" and remind them of their youth. There are a lot of reasons why auto is a perfectly acceptable choice (including the company that is making them will make a shit ton more money if they offer both.) Complaining about cars coming in both auto and manual is just plain dumb and you will always be in the wrong for that one.

I am actually having a good day.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #60
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Well fuck all of you.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote