Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #41
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I need to decide what I'm willing to spend. Last year I went to the Sony story and tried all of the over the ear head phones to see if there was a difference between the $40 ones and the $400 set. There was a huge difference. But I tried about 5 sets and I didn't find too many major differences between the $160 set and the $400. At least not enough to say for sure that it was worth the extra money.

I also tried 5-7 sets at a music store. I found the same thing there but I did find a set that was pretty good in the $100-140 range.

I also need to decide if I want in the ear or over the ear.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #42
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I need to decide what I'm willing to spend. Last year I went to the Sony story and tried all of the over the ear head phones to see if there was a difference between the $40 ones and the $400 set. There was a huge difference. But I tried about 5 sets and I didn't find too many major differences between the $160 set and the $400. At least not enough to say for sure that it was worth the extra money.

I also tried 5-7 sets at a music store. I found the same thing there but I did find a set that was pretty good in the $100-140 range.

I also need to decide if I want in the ear or over the ear.

James
Have you tried GOOD in-ear headphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #43
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Have you tried GOOD in-ear headphones?
Nope. Its hard to try them before buying them. I would like to try some. Good speakers can change a song all together.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 04-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #44
Flexin
AMA Supersport

These ear phones are lacking.

Right njow I'm I'm pressing a button that will switch to the album of the day. I'm playing parts of the sounds to see what sounds good and what doesn't. I'll post some so you guys can see what I'm playing. I don't just listen to one type of music. The more I listen to this the more I want some better head phones.

I was just playing Bob Marley Buffalo Soldier and it sounded pretty good but could be better.

Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze didn't sound as good as it did in my excavator.

This came pre loaded with some sounds and Beethoven was one of them. I played that and it sounded ok till I thought about how much better it would sound with quality speakers and that made it sound like shit.

Outcast didn't sound good at all. They can't handle the bass. I messed with the preset eq settings and it didn't get much better.

Pharrell How Does it feel? Doesn't sound all that good at all.

The Roots feat. Erikah Badu Baby You Got Me Sound ok if you ignore the distorted bass. I turned off the bass boost and its less distorted but the bass is lacking.

Wycleff Jean Staying Alive sounds pretty good. Of course it could be much better but my head is still bouncing to the beat. Perfect Gentleman sounds pretty good.

Jaheim Let It Go doesn't sound bad at all.

Jermaine Dupri Sweetheart is distroying the head phones with the bass. Right now I'm missing my 12" Orions and my HCCA 425 amp.

Here is another pre loaded song. Cost of Comfort Don't Get Lost In A Movement. This doesn't sound good at all. I never heard of this band or this song before but I would love to hear it with a good set of head phones. I might leave this song on here.

UB40 Red Red Wine sounds pretty good.

Aaron Hall Curiosity (Dangerous Minds soundtrack) Sounds pretty good.

The Gap Band Early in the Morning. Sounds ok.

John Lee Hooker Boom Boom sound pretty good.

MC Brains Brainstorming Sounds pretty good.

Jodeci sounds pretty good but I know it could be much better. I have Jodeci recorded at 192kbps 44khz.

I think what need to do is to take this player out with me and try head phones with it. I did try that with the ZEN Mozaic and I wasn't impressed with what I did try that day.

James
Old 04-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #45
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
These ear phones are lacking.

Right njow I'm I'm pressing a button that will switch to the album of the day. I'm playing parts of the sounds to see what sounds good and what doesn't. I'll post some so you guys can see what I'm playing. I don't just listen to one type of music. The more I listen to this the more I want some better head phones.

I was just playing Bob Marley Buffalo Soldier and it sounded pretty good but could be better.

Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze didn't sound as good as it did in my excavator.

This came pre loaded with some sounds and Beethoven was one of them. I played that and it sounded ok till I thought about how much better it would sound with quality speakers and that made it sound like shit.

Outcast didn't sound good at all. They can't handle the bass. I messed with the preset eq settings and it didn't get much better.

Pharrell How Does it feel? Doesn't sound all that good at all.

The Roots feat. Erikah Badu Baby You Got Me Sound ok if you ignore the distorted bass. I turned off the bass boost and its less distorted but the bass is lacking.

Wycleff Jean Staying Alive sounds pretty good. Of course it could be much better but my head is still bouncing to the beat. Perfect Gentleman sounds pretty good.

Jaheim Let It Go doesn't sound bad at all.

Jermaine Dupri Sweetheart is distroying the head phones with the bass. Right now I'm missing my 12" Orions and my HCCA 425 amp.

Here is another pre loaded song. Cost of Comfort Don't Get Lost In A Movement. This doesn't sound good at all. I never heard of this band or this song before but I would love to hear it with a good set of head phones. I might leave this song on here.

UB40 Red Red Wine sounds pretty good.

Aaron Hall Curiosity (Dangerous Minds soundtrack) Sounds pretty good.

The Gap Band Early in the Morning. Sounds ok.

John Lee Hooker Boom Boom sound pretty good.

MC Brains Brainstorming Sounds pretty good.

Jodeci sounds pretty good but I know it could be much better. I have Jodeci recorded at 192kbps 44khz.

I think what need to do is to take this player out with me and try head phones with it. I did try that with the ZEN Mozaic and I wasn't impressed with what I did try that day.

James

I have had a few pairs of these... I love em. There are a couple of different styles.

www.skullcandy.com

I know bestbuy sells them, so you don't have to buy online if you don't want to.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #46
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
I have had a few pairs of these... I love em. There are a couple of different styles.

www.skullcandy.com

I know bestbuy sells them, so you don't have to buy online if you don't want to.
What models do you have. I have heard really good things and really bad things about them. It seems people love or hate them. I know of at least 3 stores that carry them but they have a lot of different models and I haven't had a chance to try any of them yet.

James
Old 04-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #47
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

OMG the saga continues!!!!!!

As far as player.... i wont say anything more than i've already said...... Zune ftw!

As far as headphones go, stick with Sony. I've had one over the ear pair, two wraparound types, and one in-ear types..... great sound quality. The link to the Sony in-ears he put up are suprisingly good. Got it for last christmas. The bass on rap songs is unreal for such small earbuds!!!!!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #48
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Etymotic ER6i.. $80, but so worth it. I'd give you a link but I'm posting from my phone.. You can find them on Amazon, though.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #49
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I bought some Koss plugs, you can find them around $12 at Wal Mart, and they sound great, even under the helmet.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #50
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Koss is a good brand. I've had a pair from them and I like the way they sounded and were comfortable.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote