Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #41
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

If they can catch you.

They gotta catch you. Chances are, they'll wreck trying.

Win.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #42
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

What is it about being in a car that makes some people act out the way they do?

I was on the Canal Route in Wichita....left lane....lady in the center lane was talking on her mobile while driving right in my blind spot...so I sped up....she sped up...I sped up....she sped up...until she was right beside me....she looked ovah at me, flipped me off and mouthed the words "FUCK YOU"....

I was thinking....take the car out of it...we're standing in a public park...does that tiny little woman walk up to me and do that? I'd bet the key to my new Camaro she doesn't. What if I was a pyscho...what if I took grave offense to that and followed her to her house and beat her to death? All of that ovah her being annoyed by the roar of my bike while she yacked on her mobile?

It's stupid....but something....something about being behind the wheel of a car makes some people feel like they are fucking invincible or something.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #43
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
It's stupid....but something....something about being behind the wheel of a car makes some people feel like they are fucking invincible or something.
It's why I treat them ALL like they are certifiably crazy humans. If just because I know they are.

There is ONE thing that EVERY driver is absolutely certain of. They are SO very sure they are a better driver than every other driver around them. And, that it somehow makes them exempt from certain rules of the road that others aren't exempt of.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttt

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #44
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
It's why I treat them ALL like they are certifiably crazy humans. If just because I know they are.

There is ONE thing that EVERY driver is absolutely certain of. They are SO very sure they are a better driver than every other driver around them. And, that it somehow makes them exempt from certain rules of the road that others aren't exempt of.

But I am a better driver than you.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #45
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Plus, shes a woman.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #46
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
...Seriously dude? Are you for real? The dude shouldnt have been in the left lane in the first place, especially if there are 2 lanes for the same direction of traffic. Left lane is for passing only. If he was cruising along in the left lane he should have moved well before he almost ran Grex over. Why the hell should Grex or anyone else need to wait on some asshole in the left lane to decide what HE wants to do when they are traveling at a higher rate of speed and can easily and safely pass if the other guy isnt a douchebag? It's not like its not hard to see a vehicle coming up behind you is traveling at a higher rate of speed (unless you arent paying attention to the road in thefirst place). If he waited till Grex was passing him to decide he shouldnt be driving in the PASSING lane, he's in the wrong for not paying attention to fellow traffic.
Yes...seriously splaya.

He should have waited for the guy to move over and not pass in the right lane (if you want to call a spade a spade). If the car didn't want to move over, then sure pass on the right.

And the Left Lane Except to Pass isn't a law in alot of states unless otherwise posted. It's kind of more of a courtesy....like moving over to the left for vehicles on the shoulder.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #47
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
What is it about being in a car that makes some people act out the way they do?

I was on the Canal Route in Wichita....left lane....lady in the center lane was talking on her mobile while driving right in my blind spot...so I sped up....she sped up...I sped up....she sped up...until she was right beside me....she looked ovah at me, flipped me off and mouthed the words "FUCK YOU"....

I was thinking....take the car out of it...we're standing in a public park...does that tiny little woman walk up to me and do that? I'd bet the key to my new Camaro she doesn't. What if I was a pyscho...what if I took grave offense to that and followed her to her house and beat her to death? All of that ovah her being annoyed by the roar of my bike while she yacked on her mobile?

thats when you knock her mirror off. I never give them the chance, either I blow them away and trap em in traffic or I'll wind them up and let them go. you never know, maybe she'll clear out a cop for you
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #48
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

thing I've noticed in Fla is folks refuse to move over even if clear when you want to merge from a on ramp. funny they do move for duallys though
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #49
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

This is because they are the only one on the road. Everyone else ceases to exist. Cagers can move over to what ever lane they choose, whenever they choose... because no one else is around (car or motorcycle). They are in their own little world that revolves around them.

I would have done the same thing as G-Rex. I've done it before and I'm sure I'll do it again.

And I was thinking tonight about the Look twice, save a life slogan. People just need to LOOK. All anyone does is glance. If they'd actually LOOK they might see us the first time. Grrrr.... idiots.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #50
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
thing I've noticed in Fla is folks refuse to move over even if clear when you want to merge from a on ramp. funny they do move for duallys though
When I used to drive a 44" tired monster truck, oddly I used to get a lot of that kind of "you can go" shit from people. Even cabs in Manhattan!