Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #41
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Since the mid 70s, yes...as I said before. 68-72 Chevrolet performance cars seem to have come equipped with stickshifts in far greater numbers than Ford or Mopar cars of the same era, however.

I'd be willing to bet that much is even still the case. Go run the numbers on eBay for the new Mustang, and I'll bet it's far worse than 2:1 in favor of complete automotive gayness.

I'm gonna blame salesmen for that.

Went by Ford yesterday, want to test drive the new 8, they have NOTHING in stock at all. Told me he'd call me when they got some in, then asked if I had a preference on manual or auto. I asked him why exactly would I want a muscle car in automatic. Tells me thats by far what everyone wants. Maybe if the salesmen would explain to ppl that its sacrilege and they should be repeatedly run over by their own auto sportscar for getting it in auto it wouldnt be such a trend. But thats only my opinion.

Test drove the VW EOS, its a frat girl car.

I am still loving the looks and the interior feel of the Camaro best, if only I could get my hands on a decent one to test drive.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #42
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Maybe if the salesmen would explain to ppl that its sacrilege and they should be repeatedly run over by their own auto sportscar for getting it in auto it wouldnt be such a trend. But thats only my opinion.
Werd.

Quote:
I am still loving the looks and the interior feel of the Camaro best, if only I could get my hands on a decent one to test drive.
The black 2SS convertible, V8 6 speed manual with the Hurst shifter I test drove is still sitting on the show room floor here in Wichita.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #43
the chi
Forum Coach

I hate you dude. Seriously. We drove all OVER this area this weekend. No one has anything. At all. And every Camaro or Mustang was a 6 and auto. Or sold.

*goes to price tickets to Wichita...*
Old 06-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #44
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
We drove all OVER this area this weekend. No one has anything. At all. And every Camaro or Mustang was a 6 and auto. Or sold.
They have a white V8 convertible....1SS....auto....and a lime green 1SS....auto....shameful.

What is the mattah with people?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #45
the chi
Forum Coach

No appreciation for what the auto really is man. No appreciation. Or knowledge. And apparently no one knows how to drive a stick anymore. I was actually asked if someone could convert a BIKE into AUTO cuz he couldnt drive manual trans and didnt want to learn.

Like the dude around here driving the Shelby 500 GT, AUTO. And doesnt even know what he's got, just that it "looks" cool. *cry*
Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Seriously, this is a pet peeve of mine. You fuckers aren't going to drive the cars like they "ARE MEANT TO BE" driven even with a fucking stick. Shut the fuck up. These people want these cars cause they like them. You are no fucking better. Shut the fuck up douchebags.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #47
the chi
Forum Coach

You shut the fuck up douchebag. We have just as much right to bitch about that as you do to bitch about us.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #48
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
You shut the fuck up douchebag. We have just as much right to bitch about that as you do to bitch about us.
You can bitch all you want, it still doesn't make you right. It just makes you wrong and more wrong as you go along. And no matter how much bitching you do, you are wanting to buy one of these cars because they are "cool" as well.

These muscle cars do not fit a great functional purpose on the road. It isn't even close to the best track car out there, so it serves no point in being just a track whore, especially in a brand new state. It's main function is to make the owner "look cool." So in essence the person with the auto Shelby bought the car for it's most intended purpose.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #49
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Seriously, this is a pet peeve of mine. You fuckers aren't going to drive the cars like they "ARE MEANT TO BE" driven even with a fucking stick. Shut the fuck up. These people want these cars cause they like them. You are no fucking better. Shut the fuck up douchebags.
Dad nevah taught you to drive a stick, eh? Stuck driving your old ladys 4 cylinder Civic automatic?

Don't worry about it....you're secret is safe with us.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #50
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You can bitch all you want, it still doesn't make you right. It just makes you wrong and more wrong as you go along. And no matter how much bitching you do, you are wanting to buy one of these cars because they are "cool" as well.

These muscle cars do not fit a great functional purpose on the road. It isn't even close to the best track car out there, so it serves no point in being just a track whore, especially in a brand new state. It's main function is to make the owner "look cool." So in essence the person with the auto Shelby bought the car for it's most intended purpose.
And you can argue all you want, but it doesnt make you right or me wrong. Thats why its called OPINION. Reading comprehension FTMFW douchenozzle.

Quote:
Tells me thats by far what everyone wants... But thats only my opinion.
It doesnt matter if we take it to the track or not, it was built to embody the old school muscle car imagery and feel...and thus what some of us, who appreciate a fine car (which we already know YOU DONT) want in a vehicle like that.

Soooo, if you dont like reading us bitching and moaning about it, get the fuck outta the thread.