Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #41
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Just got home from vacation; can't wait to watch it on the DVR this weekend. I'm going to bed and hopefully, will dream of zombie killing.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #42
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Finally watched the first two episodes yesterday. Did I miss something or do they have yet to explain WHAT caused the outbreak? When the black guy that took him in explained there are zombies the cop didn't even ask what happenned. You would think he would at least be curious.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #43
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Finally watched the first two episodes yesterday. Did I miss something or do they have yet to explain WHAT caused the outbreak? When the black guy that took him in explained there are zombies the cop didn't even ask what happenned. You would think he would at least be curious.
They never said. Yeah that is my biggest complaint. The cop didn't know what the fuck a zombie was and then he didn't really even question why there was zombies. Lame...
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #44
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Lets consider however the shock the poor dude would be in, who gives a crap HOW it happened, all he wants to do is find his wife and son. And survive. Lets not forget that.

I'm wondering if the wife was boinking the partner before it all happened tho...if no, she sure didnt waste any time.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #45
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They never said. Yeah that is my biggest complaint. The cop didn't know what the fuck a zombie was and then he didn't really even question why there was zombies. Lame...
I said it before, I'll say it again...
Besides us zombie nuts, who the hell is really going to believe that a corpse can get up and start attacking people?
Cops have to deal with people on drugs and in various states of mental and physical distress that can produce similar behavior, so his first thought probably isn't going to be "zombie".
Now, admittedly, after he saw the badly decayed torso chick crawling on the ground, he should have gotten the fucking clue.
His only defense there is, he's been drug-addled and unconscious for a month or more and he was probably doubting his own sanity.
Case in point, the scene where he's on the floor of his house staring at his hand asking "Is this real?"
Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Lets consider however the shock the poor dude would be in, who gives a crap HOW it happened, all he wants to do is find his wife and son. And survive. Lets not forget that.

I'm wondering if the wife was boinking the partner before it all happened tho...if no, she sure didnt waste any time.
So a highly trained cop that should be prepared for situations such as this does nothing to question his environment and just bumbles his way along.

Also, this is a TV show, this is info WE want, because it's all for OUR entertainment. Since it is entertainment, we are free to critique what we like and dislike about the show. Also this is a discussion board, we are discussing our likes and dislikes about this show.

Don't worry, Shane dies and becomes a Zombie.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #47
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:

That talk Rick and his partner were having just before the car chase and shooting incident kind of led me to believe that his wife was already halfway out the door.
I couldn't tell if Shane was already involved with her and was probing to see if Rick was onto him, or if he was just sort of taking in what Rick was saying and realizing a possible opportunity.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #48
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I think you are forgetting that this is only a TV show. And who says you cant discuss as you like? I didnt...

Does he really? Like you know that for certain? Cuz if so, GOOD. I think maybe she deserves it too...like the next time they run off to the woods...I think Adeptus is right too, after seeing how it turns out, it did seem like he was fishing.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #49
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I think you are forgetting that this is only a TV show. And who says you cant discuss as you like? I didnt...

Does he really? Like you know that for certain? Cuz if so, GOOD. I think maybe she deserves it too...like the next time they run off to the woods...I think Adeptus is right too, after seeing how it turns out, it did seem like he was fishing.
Yeah, this is based off a comic book that's several years old.

For those that like more info, the bite causes an infection and kills a person and reanimates them. You can get bit and then cut off the part you got bit on and not become a zombie.

The zombies can be wanderers or stationary. The wanderers wander around and chase food. They will chase forever. The zombies will react to other zombies and form packs because they think the other ones are chasing food. The statinonary ones will wait for food to come near them and react.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #50
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yeah, this is based off a comic book that's several years old.

For those that like more info, the bite causes an infection and kills a person and reanimates them. You can get bit and then cut off the part you got bit on and not become a zombie.

The zombies can be wanderers or stationary. The wanderers wander around and chase food. They will chase forever. The zombies will react to other zombies and form packs because they think the other ones are chasing food. The statinonary ones will wait for food to come near them and react.
Does the comic ever state how it started, though? Was it a man-made pathogen that was released? Was it a natural mutated-bug? etc.