Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
i had it out with the stupid corvette club this year.. they drove all the way from columbus, ohio to the gap in a corvette but they insisted they would only do the speed limit through the gap.. they preached about crotch rockets and how they are unsafe after i told them to watch their speed because about a mile into Tennessee there was an unmarked THP.. so much for trying to do them a favor.. oh look at me i am so great because i have a corvette.. what a bunch of douchebags..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Wow...its one thing to buy a Vette and cruise it around town... But to take it to the Gap and cruise... Heck, why not just take it to Mid-Ohio, rent the track and cruise around to your heart's content...oh wait no one could ooh and aah over your Vette then could they?

That's why after 4 Vettes I still don't belong to any Vette clubs. Some of the owners are fun to hang out with but the majority would rather wash and wax and sit around and talk...F that.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
That's why after 4 Vettes I still don't belong to any Vette clubs. Some of the owners are fun to hang out with but the majority would rather wash and wax and sit around and talk...F that.
I went to the Atlanta dragway a while back where a Vette club came. They couldn't fit the stereotype of a vette driver any better. My mom's minivan had better times than those fuckers. It sucks because Vettes are badass cars.

The Chevy Corvette = World's fastest golfcart.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have been to a Vette gathering with my dad. It was full of people like him, older mid age crisis fogeys who know nothing about driving a vette fast and just bought it to cruise around in. It was boring as shit.
The wife and I went to a couple of meetings/gatherings several years ago and said "We're OUT !!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I went to the Atlanta dragway a while back where a Vette club came. They couldn't fit the stereotype of a vette driver any better. My mom's minivan had better times than those fuckers. It sucks because Vettes are badass cars.

The Chevy Corvette = World's fastest golfcart.
Mine runs pretty decent and although I don't drive it as much as I used to...mainly due to the bikes and the boat...gets driven like a performance car should be.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I have been to a Vette gathering with my dad. It was full of people like him, older mid age crisis fogeys who know nothing about driving a vette fast and just bought it to cruise around in. It was boring as shit.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Waiting for G-Rex to pipe up.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Waiting for G-Rex to pipe up.
He can't, he's out fixing his 'Vette

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
He can't, he's out fixing his 'Vette
Oops missed this one...I don't know about his but mine's never been back to a dealership and the only "fixing" has been to tune or add performance parts.

Hope I didn't just jinx myself and now something on it breaks.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Oops missed this one...I don't know about his but mine's never been back to a dealership and the only "fixing" has been to tune or add performance parts.

Trace's car is jinxed

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:

That's because the workers in Bowling Green aren't your typical union workers and the cars are actually made well. IIRC GM selects good workers who aren't union friendly (though they are Union becuase they don't like replacing tires every week) and actually believe in doing good quality work. Mainly becuase they do plant tours and you can't have your typical UAW plant employee in the eye of the public becuase the tour would suck. You would be staring in at them and them staring back at you.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
That's because the workers in Bowling Green aren't your typical union workers and the cars are actually made well. IIRC GM selects good workers who aren't union friendly (though they are Union becuase they don't like replacing tires every week) and actually believe in doing good quality work. Mainly becuase they do plant tours and you can't have your typical UAW plant employee in the eye of the public becuase the tour would suck. You would be staring in at them and them staring back at you.
Makes sense.