Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #41
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I havent seen more than one episode of True Blood, but I read almost all the books, comparing notes with a friend who watches but hasnt read the books, sounds like they arent really sticking to the books much. I plan on watching when I can stream it.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #42
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Do you know that RC got an Emmy?
No shit... not surprising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Dexter is great. I liked the first 2 seasons more than the last 2 though. Seemed like some of the episodes were drawn out too much and I would occasionally get bored. Still an amazing show.

Forgot to list South Park, King of the Hill, Family Guy and Futurama because I don't watch them nearly as much.

I much prefer shows that have a continuing story line as opposed to shows that every one is a completely different situation.

With true blood, I was told by my old roommate to watch the first season and stop, it wasn't worth watching after.
I dunno man, the way the last season ended totally blew my mind... I totally saw it coming, but I couldn't convince myself that it would really happen. I'm interested in how the character development shifts now...

Season 2 of True Blood was WEIRD... real fucking weird. Still interesting, but just really far out there... I almost lost interest, but they delve deeper into the vampire heirarchy and culture which kept me coming back. I hear season 3 is already better than season 2...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #43
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I dont watch it regularly but if Im home on Saturday and nothings on Ill watch it just to see Kim K's big bubble butt.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #44
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I spent an entire day yesterday flipping between the marathons of Pawn Stars, and the first season of Prison Break.
No regrets.
I went on a Prison Break binge at the beginning of the summer. Pretty good show, beginning to end.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #45
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
True blood
Sparticus Blood and Sand
America's Got Talent
Robot Chicken
Venture Brothers
ATHF

Did spartacus get renewed for a 2nd season? That show was pretty awesome. I watched the whole thing in one day of being super sick and I just layed in bed.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #46
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I havent seen more than one episode of True Blood, but I read almost all the books, comparing notes with a friend who watches but hasnt read the books, sounds like they arent really sticking to the books much. I plan on watching when I can stream it.
True blood show does take some pretty wild liberties compared to the books, but in general it follows many of the same themes, even if season 3 had a ton of stuff in it from the later books. They also seem to focus more on the bill/sookie relationship being a good one (at least until 1/2 way through this season), vs the book where bill is a dick and eric is the one you root for the whole time.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #47
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Ok, so I hate TV... but I LOVE that I now have cable...

I have some guilty pleasures already... Mostly reality TV, which I am completely ashamed of, but at least it's not the MTV crap.

So who's watching Pawn Stars, Pit Boss, American Pickers, Hoarders, or Stan Lee's Super Humans?

I am and I'm fucking hooked.
I just got satellite after not having cable since January. I couldn't afford that and going to school. Damn I missed it.

I just started watching Pawn Stars and I like that. Watched a few hours of it yesterday. American Pickers I haven't seen yet but I might check out.

I like..

The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Top Gear

Shit there is a bunch more but I can't remember them.

Oh..

Ice Road Truckers
Rob & Big
Dirt Trax Television
Rob Dyrdek Fantasy Factory

I also just picked up a hard drive for my sat box. 335 minutes or so of HD or 1000 hours of SD PVR storage.

Everything I just listed is set to record. As I remember the other shows I used to watch I will at them to the list.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #48
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Wipeout.
I like Wipeout as well. I know a guy that applied to get on the Canadian version.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #49
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Sons of Anarchy. Fucking excited for tonight
Entourage
Weeds
Dexter
True Blood (saw season 1 and downloading the rest)
Californication (saw season 1 and downloading the rest)
Penn and Teller's BS
Kenny vs Spenny
I can't stand Kenny vs Spenny. Fuck they piss me off. One guy is a fucking idiot and the other is a whiny little bitch. I would rather put my dick in a blender then to watch that show again.

James
Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #50
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
NCAA football
NHL Hockey
MotoGP
WSBK
AMA SBK
Whale Wars
Pawn Stars
Tosh.0
That Metal Show
And anything with

I cant watch anything else. Everything else makes me want to puke.
I forgot about Tosh.0. I watched that once while at the Fire station during on the job training. I liked it. I just added it to my PVR record list. Thanks.

James