Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #41
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
It is just a sex thing...

When she starts winning at the top levels, then you can say its talent alone.

And to say patrick isnt talented would be crazy. The woman DID WIN an Indy Car race.... What has Paris done besides being extremely hot?
Goddammit for the last time i didnt say she wasnt talented!!!!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #42
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Personally I don't care, but some people don't like the fact that Patrick gets a level of publicity and money well above what a 5th place series finisher and one time race winner normally would simply because she is a woman. I see it as doing everything she can to be successful at her chosen profession. Others see it as getting ahead in racing based on things other than driving skill.
This makes sense...

Arkriders.com
Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #43
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Goddammit for the last time i didnt say she wasnt talented!!!!
Im not saying you did, but my point is, that Patrick was top 10 in Indy Car racing... what has Paris done besides being extremely hot, and racing a motorcycle.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #44
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Paris hasnt. And to be fair alot of her exposure has come from her relationship to Hayes. I think she hasnt used her sex quite the way Patrick has and that makes me wish her kind of coverage was what i'd like to see emphasised. Not just coverage cause she's a woman but as an equal. She may get ther yet.

Arkriders.com
Old 02-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #45
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Her boobs aren't huge and she doesn't have a swimsuit models figure, but her body is better than 95% of the women out there and I'd hit it 100 times. You guys who say she isn't hot, post a pic of your wife/gf in a bathing suit and let us be the judge. She is hot no matter what you guys say. Is she the hottest out there? No not even close, but compared to the rest of society, she's pretty damn hot.
Are you talking about women her age, or all women? Sure, she's better looking than 95% of "all women", but NOT women her age.

It is so easy for a woman of her age to be good-looking. She is only 28-32 (something like that).

Maybe it's just where you live or where you work, but I can walk on the street and within an hour I could find dozens of women her age who I consider better looking.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #46
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Personally I don't care, but some people don't like the fact that Patrick gets a level of publicity and money well above what a 5th place series finisher and one time race winner normally would simply because she is a woman. I see it as doing everything she can to be successful at her chosen profession. Others see it as getting ahead in racing based on things other than driving skill.
Agreed. I wouldn't doubt there's ill feelings towards her from some of her co-racers. I haven't followed her career at all, so I don't know too much about her, but consider that in order for a man to join a top team, he not only needs to be a great racer, but also good personality, good communications skills, teamwork, attitude, etc. Being a reasonably attractive girl gives Danica some slack, meaning that she doesn't have to bring as much to the table as a man does.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #47
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Are you talking about women her age, or all women? Sure, she's better looking than 95% of "all women", but NOT women her age.

It is so easy for a woman of her age to be good-looking. She is only 28-32 (something like that).

Maybe it's just where you live or where you work, but I can walk on the street and within an hour I could find dozens of women her age who I consider better looking.
But you live in Cali where 99% of all the good looking women live.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #48
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Paris hasnt. And to be fair alot of her exposure has come from her relationship to Hayes. I think she hasnt used her sex quite the way Patrick has and that makes me wish her kind of coverage was what i'd like to see emphasised. Not just coverage cause she's a woman but as an equal. She may get ther yet.
to her credit though, she was racing when she met him.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #49
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Paris is entered in the 200 this year, we will see how far she has matured as a racer. Prolly doesnt hurt she has Hayes to hang with and get inside info from.

Arkriders.com
Old 02-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

considering their (generally speaking) physical advantages in size, g resistance, and reaction speed its always surprised me that women in motorsports other than drag racing dont dominate. Hell, dont even show up that much
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote