Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #41
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I will start a body count of you mo fos before I allow that to happen.

Now I need to go listen to some slayer to help soothe my soul
I am glad you aren't a ginger, because a lot of us would be dead from the last rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #42
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Men and women's hair standards are different in the military, so why shouldn't they be in public schools

Just playing devils advocate here.
So you are comparing the military to a grade level public school?

You fail worse than I did in the banned substance thread.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #43
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I'd go to bat for him if that's what he really wanted.
Not picking on YOU josh...this is a general question to everyone......

Kids want A LOT of things that aren't productive

If he ONLY wanted to eat chocolate at meals...would you support him?

If he didn't want to go to school....would you support THAT?

Parenting means you have to manage the good AND the bad, as well as the REQUIRED. School is required. A balanced meal is required. Following rules are required. Even if you don't agree with them. And even if they're stupid and require conformity to some standard someone else set.

Fitting in today is hard ENOUGH when you're relatively normal looking....much less when you decide to be SO damn different that you're singled out by an entire school system.

Let him save the "different is good" for when he's 18, and can make ALL of his decisions himself. For now....go with the flow and get a damn education!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #44
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Later in life he won't be complaining about how he failed as a person because his mom let him wear his hair long when he was a stupid kid and all his classmates called him susie and wanted him to bake them a pie.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #45
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post

Parenting means you have to manage the good AND the bad, as well as the REQUIRED. School is required. A balanced meal is required. Following rules are required. Even if you don't agree with them. And even if they're stupid and require conformity to some standard someone else set.

Fitting in today is hard ENOUGH when you're relatively normal looking....much less when you decide to be SO damn different that you're singled out by an entire school system.

Let him save the "different is good" for when he's 18, and can make ALL of his decisions himself. For now....go with the flow and get a damn education!
Who says having long hair will give you a bad education? Cant you have both long hair and a good education? If your son was getting straight A's in school you'd let your son grow his hair to down to his ass.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Who says having long hair will give you a bad education? Cant you have both long hair and a good education? If your son was getting straight A's in school you'd let your son grow his hair to down to his ass.
I think he is talking more about the shit the kid will get for looking like a bitch. That can fuck with a very young kid like this case.
Quote:
Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #47
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post

No, because that is harmful to his health and education.

Quote:
No, reading is fundamental.

Quote:

I disagree with this. I feel a child's experiences shape part of who they will become as adults. If the child is taught to conform and blindly follow rules then that's what they will likely do. They will become sheeple. I prefer for my kids to be independent and reasonable thinkers. In this particular case I don't consider longer than average hair to be SO damn different, I just truly believe the administrators are ignorant, inbred, rednecks who hate the parents for their piercings and tattoos and are making mountains of mole hills.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
So you are comparing the military to a grade level public school?

You fail worse than I did in the banned substance thread.
I'm basing it on the apparent belief that just because an organization is public/government-run, everyone within it should be treated equal.

Also, the kid looks like a wannabe Hanson brother. FAIL

Although, the other side is, school adminstrators can eat a dick, the vast majority of them are uptight idiots who are only concerned with protecting themselves from lawsuits.

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-12-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #49
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I disagree with this. I feel a child's experiences shape part of who they will become as adults. If the child is taught to conform and blindly follow rules then that's what they will likely do. They will become sheeple. I prefer for my kids to be independent and reasonable thinkers. In this particular case I don't consider longer than average hair to be SO damn different, I just truly believe the administrators are ignorant, inbred, rednecks who hate the parents for their piercings and tattoos and are making mountains of mole hills.
You need to conform to some extent. Making your child an outsider or letting your very young child make choices that will make them an outsider with their peers isn't always in the best interest. Kids need to learn to be social and fitting in is part of that.
Quote:
Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #50
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You need to conform to some extent. Making your child an outsider or letting your very young child make choices that will make them an outsider with their peers isn't always in the best interest. Kids need to learn to be social and fitting in is part of that.
If they aren't going to fit in, then they aren't going to fit in because they LOOK normal. Personality plays a larger part than looks. If a kids looks different but has ability to not let teasing bug him then kids will stop teasing. If you let them see it bugs you, they will never stop.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote