Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #41
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
his bikes were competitive last year and he had decent riders, gotta see who rides for him this year and how they do in testing/developing the bike, as far as homologation I bet they will make some concessions like thye did for foggarty and his bike a bunch of years ago.
Are you talking about the petronas fp1? Edit, I reread it. Fim has a set of very specific rules laid Out this season to prevent another debacle like That
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #42
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Are you talking about the petronas fp1? Edit, I reread it. Fim has a set of very specific rules laid Out this season to prevent another debacle like That
to run in superbike you had to make/sell x amount of bikes, I am prety sure FIM looked the other way so they could get in, but that was considering who he was at the time, I dont know if erik is that popular at the wsbk level.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #43
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
to run in superbike you had to make/sell x amount of bikes, I am prety sure FIM looked the other way so they could get in, but that was considering who he was at the time, I dont know if erik is that popular at the wsbk level.
the fp1's were made, just never sold. theres a warehouse in the uk still stuffed full of the things.
TWF Post whore #6
Old 02-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #44
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
the fp1's were made, just never sold. theres a warehouse in the uk still stuffed full of the things.
I think there was a provision about them being sold too. I know yamaha made it difficult withthe old r7's they wer eonly selling them to race teams be it factory or privateer. I remember our local dealer had a few but you had to give some sort of racing resume to buy one.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #45
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Never happen without major backing, a willingness to adapt and evolve, and a major infusion of tech.
why bother comparing ten guys in Wisconsin to Japanese corporate might?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #46
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
why bother comparing ten guys in Wisconsin to Japanese corporate might?
Im not the fool who did
Old 02-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Im not the fool who did

No shit! He comes out claiming to have made a "better sport bike" and then cries whenever anyone compares his product to the existing units. They didn't hesitate to crow from the rafters when a Buell won DSB, "We took on the best that Japan could offer and WON!!!!" Then whenever anyone points out that his bike was an1100 vs 600s, we're being unfair to compare his small company against the Japanese.... Again he claims to have improved the gendre, the only.way to prove it is to race and win. Period.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #48
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
No shit! He comes out claiming to have made a "better sport bike" and then cries whenever anyone compares his product to the existing units. They didn't hesitate to crow from the rafters when a Buell won DSB, "We took on the best that Japan could offer and WON!!!!" Then whenever anyone points out that his bike was an1100 vs 600s, we're being unfair to compare his small company against the Japanese.... Again he claims to have improved the gendre, the only.way to prove it is to race and win. Period.
Not only race and win, but ditch a whole bunch of his "groundbreaking, revolutionary design" along the way. What happened to perimeter brakes and belt drive on the race bikes?

As far as I'm concerned, Buell has zero credibility on the racetrack. I thought some of his street machines were cool, but nothing he's ever built was technically superior to the stuff coming out of Japan or Europe.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #49
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I always thought he was talking about building a better 'street' bike.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #50
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I always thought he was talking about building a better 'street' bike.
Initially (S1 Lightning, etc) perhaps but if that's the case, stay the fuck off the track...right? I remember A LOT of shit talking when the 1125 was first introduced... Don't bring a dog to the horse race and expect the organizers to make special rules for you... What is this an episode of "Pinks" or something?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote