Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #41
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

John Locke is a Lawful Good?

And wtf is an orange wedge in his mouth?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #42
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Well, I don't give a damn about ball sports, and I can't get into most board games or card/domino playing either. (I'm easily distracted by bright shiny objects)
But a little tabletop RPG always engaged me.
I like a little bit of everything
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #43
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
John Locke is a Lawful Good?

And wtf is an orange wedge in his mouth?
I don't feel that was a good fit either. Maybe superman/clark kent? I hate the guy but you can't pick a more douchegooder
Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #44
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Well, I don't give a damn about ball sports, and I can't get into most board games or card/domino playing either. (I'm easily distracted by bright shiny objects)
But a little tabletop RPG always engaged me.
Yeah, I did a little bit of Doom. First person shooter actually held my attention for about a month. I actually played network Doom with Michael Brecker once. True.

Card and board games also never held my interest.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 AM   #45
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Yeah, I did a little bit of Doom. First person shooter actually held my attention for about a month. I actually played network Doom with Michael Brecker once. True.

Card and board games also never held my interest.
Weeeeeeell, we won't get into my ability to be enthralled with computer-type games.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:57 AM   #46
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I don't feel that was a good fit either. Maybe superman/clark kent? I hate the guy but you can't pick a more douchegooder
If you want to get right down to it, the Joker really isnt Chaotic Evil either, as his primary goals usually have nothing to do with furthering any evil scheme, aside from making Batmans life miserable.

At least twice, he spared Batman in the comics. Why? Because he was crazy, and not evil. Batmans alter-ego.

A chaotic evil character would have sliced Batmans head from his body just to make his own life easier. Wheres the romance in that? Joker likes the challenge.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 12-28-2010 at 05:59 AM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #47
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
If you want to get right down to it, the Joker really isnt Chaotic Evil either, as his primary goals usually have nothing to do with furthering any evil scheme, aside from making Batmans life miserable.

At least twice, he spared Batman in the comics. Why? Because he was crazy, and not evil. Batmans alter-ego.

A chaotic evil character would have sliced Batmans head from his body just to make his own life easier. Wheres the romance in that? Joker likes the challenge.
Chaotic Neutral then; good and evil don't matter.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #48
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:

I disagree, the fact that he doesnt have any clear goals and is unpredictable enough to leave his nemesis alive just for the fun of it is what makes him chaotic.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #49
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:

Why would a chaotic character lock himself into any evil scheme? Its a whim of the moment kinda deal

Evil doesn't nessesarily mean bloodshed here, its more along the lines of enjoying the suffering one brings to others...

Like all those times id gleefully cast burning hands when members of my party were in the target's area of effect :P force me to be the mage will you?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #50
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Why would a chaotic character lock himself into any evil scheme? Its a whim of the moment kinda deal

Evil doesn't nessesarily mean bloodshed here, its more along the lines of enjoying the suffering one brings to others...

Like all those times id gleefully cast burning hands when members of my party were in the target's area of effect :P force me to be the mage will you?
Hey, im just going by the AD&D definition of Chaotic Evil. People who would fit? Hitler. Mussolini. Kim Jong Il (maybe).

Theres more of a neutrality with Joker. He often doesnt even even know why he does what he does. Definitely chaotic, but probably more neutral then evil.

Im not ever sure if you can classify criminally insane in any of the standard alignment archetypes.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote