Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #421
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Here's what I find funny:

A bunch of people who seldom ever talk about motorcycles bitch about a motorcycle site being purchased by a company who promotes motorsports, who then run to another motorcycle site, to not talk about motorcycles.

I know it sucks you have to pay. I know it sucks that Rob and Nancy fell on hard times and did what they had to do.

But seriously, the number of "the new CF gave my grandma cancer" threads is the real lol.
seldom talk about motorcycles? humm... did you gather than in the 5 mins you've been a member? yes we have a LOT of off topic threads... but I'd still say the majority of our threads our motorcycle related. This forum wasn't meant to be a Tech corner. it was a place for like minded people to come and bs about motorcycles, and just shoot the shit in general.

as for VS promoting motor sports... BS... they make money off people... they're not in it to promote anything other than their bank accounts.

If they wanted to Promote motor sports they'd care a bit more about their members and actually address the issues. you'll see... give it a month... stew will be MIA... as he'll have found another forum to purchase and he'll be dealing with the mass exodus from there.

A forum is nothing more than the sum of it's members. Twowheelforum is not the same forum it was a year ago... as it's top 50 posters and regulars are all here. looks as though the same is happening to VS.

All I can say is TWFix is the better for it
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #422
Scot
Kneedragger

Moto: varies

First off, you'd need to define what being a member of this motorcycle community means to you, so I that I may answer accordingly.

I didn't come here to start anything with anyone. If that was my sole purpose, why would I use my real honest to gosh name from the other site?

If you must know, I'm doing the exact same thing most of the other new members here are doing. Checking shit out and see if I like it.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity.
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #423
Scot
Kneedragger

oh, and I joined a few days ago and have been checking stuff out since then.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #424
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA
Talking

Quote:
oh, and I joined a few days ago and have been checking stuff out since then.
In the interests of full disclosure about your "motives" and "intent":

1) Are you now or have you ever been in the employ of {That company that just took over CycleForums.com}?

2) Do you have a login at CycleForums.com? If so, what is it - exactly (i.e. so that we can search your previous posts to see what you've "contributed" there)

3) Have you paid {That company} for a membership on any motorcycle-related forum?

Hmmmm?
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #425
Scot
Kneedragger

I'm Mitch Boehm's love child.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #426
Scot
Kneedragger

If you had to google who Mitch Boehm was, sod off.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #427
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
If you had to google who Mitch Boehm was, sod off.
naw... I wish he'd adopt me
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #428
Scot
Kneedragger

I was a member of CF before it went live. I was member seventy something or other. I was a moderator and actually did some admin duties (ban, COPPA, misery) accounts for people not playing nicely. I did that for about 3 years until I stepped down voluntarily. I've been to 3 CF gatherings and have met a fair number of members and staff (and have even ridden motorcycles with them!)

Before that, I was a member of SBN starting in late 2000. Before that, I was on Cycleworld's web board starting mid 2000.
Before that, I was on Cycleworld's aolchat.

Before that, I didn't care about computers.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #429
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
naw... I wish he'd adopt me

Man, you're willing to have a new daddy just 'cause of what he does for a living, you're willing to sleep wherever a total stranger will let you... you whore yourself out a lot, don't you?
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #430
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

Quote:
I was a member of CF before it went live. I was member seventy something or other. I was a moderator and actually did some admin duties (ban, COPPA, misery) accounts for people not playing nicely. I did that for about 3 years until I stepped down voluntarily. I've been to 3 CF gatherings and have met a fair number of members and staff (and have even ridden motorcycles with them!)

Before that, I was a member of SBN starting in late 2000. Before that, I was on Cycleworld's web board starting mid 2000.
Before that, I was on Cycleworld's aolchat.

Before that, I didn't care about computers.
Fair enough. It's easy to get/give the "wrong" impression - especially with written language in an 'emotionally charged' online atmosphere which most of us 'ex-CF'ers find ourselves.

Some of us have been 'online' since before HTML 1.0 was ratified. Some of us have come to motorcycling later in life than you or others, and are still kicking ourselves for waiting 'this long' to find this passion.

Personally, I'd rather be Herb Harris' love child - have you seen his collection of Vincent motorcycles? Then, of course, there's Jay Leno's collection as well...
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote