Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #401
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
They're only there to make up for the discount on the hardware. You get a $99 phone that cost them around $400, they want to make sure you stick around so they can make up that sunk cost in monthly service fees.
Then why aren't the plans cheaper if you buy a phone that's not unsubsidized? If I bought an unsubsidized phone through Verizon, the cost of my plan wouldn't be lowered. I think T-Mobile was the only one who had plans that reflected whether you got a discounted phone or not, and they may have dropped that too.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #402
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Yup. The Unltd plan is no longer available and they force you to change the plan when going to LTE. (On a 3G Droid X right now)

Current Unlimited data right now costs me 29.99 - 13% discount. New 2GB LTE plan is 30 bucks and no discount. That's some weak sauce right there.
Not true, if you still have your unlimited plan you can upgrade and get unlimited LTE as well. I upgraded from the Droid 1 to the Bionic and I still have my same plan.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #403
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Not true, if you still have your unlimited plan you can upgrade and get unlimited LTE as well. I upgraded from the Droid 1 to the Bionic and I still have my same plan.
Yep, he got lied to....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #404
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Then why aren't the plans cheaper if you buy a phone that's not unsubsidized? If I bought an unsubsidized phone through Verizon, the cost of my plan wouldn't be lowered. I think T-Mobile was the only one who had plans that reflected whether you got a discounted phone or not, and they may have dropped that too.
My understanding is that it's not about the price of the plans, but a contract. It's the length of your engagement w/ the provider that makes up for the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yep, he got lied to....
You guys sure about that? Looking online, I could choose between my existing Unlimited 3g plan, and the other 3 data capped plans were labeled LTE. If that's actually the case, then that's badass considering the existing unlimited plan is less than the 2GB capped plan.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #405
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Now my vid recorder freezes up and if it is able to record the vid file is corrupt even fully stopping.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #406
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
You guys sure about that? Looking online, I could choose between my existing Unlimited 3g plan, and the other 3 data capped plans were labeled LTE. If that's actually the case, then that's badass considering the existing unlimited plan is less than the 2GB capped plan.
Mine doesn't say anything about 3G or LTE when I try to upgrade, but shows all the 4 plans. It says if you go to the capped plans, you can't change back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #407
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Mine doesn't say anything about 3G or LTE when I try to upgrade, but shows all the 4 plans. It says if you go to the capped plans, you can't change back.
Just got off the phone w/ Verizon - they verified that if you currently have an Unlimited plan, you stay grandfathered in. Whew!
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #408
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Now my vid recorder freezes up and if it is able to record the vid file is corrupt even fully stopping.
Android quality.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #409
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Odd - I have an X and have loved it - no issues. It's been bulletproof.
I had mine since launch morning. Had no problems until 2 weeks ago. The problems are bad enough that Verizon is sending me a new phone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Mine's done that a few times with the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Ok, so I went to the OSU/Wisconsin game last night. Took a few pictures and videos here and there. When it came down to the final few minutes and I despirately wanted to get some good pictures and video, the phone decided to take a giant shit on me. When I would try to pull up the camera, half of the time the camera would fail to initalize, the other half it would load and then freeze. Occationally I could get the video camera to load and I got a few videos taken. Eventually it got bad enough that even the video camera would just go black once I hit record. I got home this morning and decided to look at all the pictures and videos I did get to take. About 95% of the files were corrupt. I was really about ready to throw the fucking thing off the third deck at the 'Shoe and watch it shatter into a million pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I had no problem with the hardware on my Droid X. It was a solid piece of phone that was damn near indestructable. I've dropped that thing a bunch of times, and besides the batter door popping off, it kept running without problem. All of my problems came after the software update. They just don't have it down. I had a few problems with the original Droid going from Eclair to Froyo that were eventually sorted, but going from Froyo to Gingerbread on the Droid X made the phone completely unusable. The RAZR looks really nice, and I have faith in the hardware, but the idea of sweating through the upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS two or three months into ownership and hoping that the phone isn't turned to shit because of issues with Blur will guarantee that I don't fuck with the RAZR, or any skinned version of Android for that matter. The Galaxy Nexus with a clean, unskinned, vanilla version of ICS is far more appealing and presents far less bullshit to deal with related to software updates.
I am almost ready to flash the phone back to Froyo and then root it again. I was happier when it was rooted anyway.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #410
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Just got off the phone w/ Verizon - they verified that if you currently have an Unlimited plan, you stay grandfathered in. Whew!
Thanks for following up, I was pretty sure if you had unlimited you stayed grandfathered in. I'm due for an upgrade in March hopefully they have 1.5Ghz quad cores by then.. haha.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote