Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #391
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Taz I think I'm done too. I've poked a few people with sticks and had the giggles more in one day than I've had in awhile. I'm out.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #392
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
IMO, the reason they (if I do in fact know whom she meant) started encouraging people to come over here had nothing to do with anything other than VS sucks, they know it sucks, they didn't like the way the change was handled, and they figured they'd let people know about a place that doesn't suck.
That's 100% the truth.

Here's what went down: The day after the CF "server upgrade" I got on there, and posted on something in GS. Apparently it auto-subscribed me to replies, because 5 minutes later, I got an email saying there was a reply on the thread. I looked at the email and realized the email address was admin@verticalscope.com. I was livid. As many others have stated, many of us have been on other great riding forums that have been taken over by VS, so we KNOW the line of B.S. they feed the members (and staff) and we know what's over the horizon.

So I posted a rant about it here. All I said was "Another one bites the dust.... CF has been bought by Vertical Scope." That's it. No ulterior motive, no grand agenda, no nothin'. That was literally it. Others who read that post had ALSO seen their beloved forums fall to the great and mighty VS, so they 1.) confirmed it was true, and then 2.) got the word out, not as a call to abandon ship, but as a warning "hey, this board will be teh suck pretty soon...."

And that, in a nutshell, is it. The whole fuckin' truth.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #393
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Nee, you are a liar!!! Your husband is the owner of this board. Haven't you heard?
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #394
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
Nee, you are a liar!!! Your husband is the owner of this board. Haven't you heard?
Shhhh.... Don't tell Chris and Andrea about Trip and I! Our other master plan is to move to Utah so we can all be one big happy family!!!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #395
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that VS derives REVENUE from WEBSITE HITS. All of the talk/referencing "Ms. Schizophrenia" et. al. drives hits on their website as "we" check her latest rant.

Take the que from the great movie line uttered by Cedric Hardwicke (with artistic license):
Quote:
Let the name of CycleForums/VerticalScope/excessa be stricken from every post and server, stricken from all stickys and links, stricken from every html frame of this forum. Let the name of those be untyped and unread, erased from the memory of the internet for all time.
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #396
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTaz View Post
can you make me look like 7 of 9, please?
Jerri Ryan FTW

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #397
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Guess we know where alot of their revenue is coming from.

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/se...hid=4047&pp=25

Even speaking as one who posts quite a bit, working on computers all day, that girl needs to step away from the computer.

I can't believe some of the comments I just read in some threads over there. Especially some of those coming from mods. Shame.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #398
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Nothing there...must have moved it. Someone had the audacity to say this site was dead! Trying to discourage people from coming over, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #399
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Here's what went down: . . . . .
Ya know, all this bitching about azoom and her evil maniacal master plan to take over the world and I didn't even hear about twf from her . . . it was Neebs who sent the notice out that I got
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #400
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

I got the word from SVRogue first, then had a PM later...I got it on my cell phone at work. It's all a conspiracy, I tell you, a conspiracy!!!

Aside from that, it's none of her damned business who told who. I think she's just hanging in there to keep that ever-so-important mod status... sucks to be a mod who has nothing to moderate.

No offence to existing mods, as this doesn't apply to you. Girl has some issues...I've honestly never cared for her myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.

Last edited by Angee; 11-15-2008 at 03:02 PM..
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote