Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you prefer 1 or 2 stories?
1 story 18 42.86%
2 story 24 57.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #31
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

I prefer 2 story with some bedrooms on the main floor and some upstairs. The only exception would be a 1 story with a floor plan that has some bedrooms in one area and the other (master) in another, seperated by the main rooms. I prefer to not have the guest and "kids" rooms near the master. I'd rather have the "kids"/guests be able to go to bed or do whatever without me having to be concerned with what I'm doing bugging them and vice versa. Ultimately though I really do prefer a 2 story.

ETA: In Arizona, much as in Vegas, basements are the exception not the rule. The ground here is too hard to dig into and there is some other reason I can't remember? I would actually like a basement though for the extra space, although I hate the dark/damp basements in the midwest/eastern states I've lived in. Walk out basements are a much better deal though because they allow for more light and a more moderate temp IMO. Oh, and, I love fireplaces. They can be used for a couple of months in the winter here in AZ. In my last house here there was a double-sided fireplace which opened to both the family room and the formal living room.

Last edited by 2up; 04-09-2009 at 12:29 AM..
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 AM   #32
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Thanks for all the replies! It seems like most of your prefer 1 story but the polls show otherwise! Guess i have to go back and tally up the votes from the threads

I'm still young enough to climb stairs but after growing up in an apt on the 14th floor (elevator) and then a split level house, and apts with stairs leading up and down, i'm tired! If i had to get a 2 story, then it would be fine for now, since i won't be staying in it forever.

I was going to move into a 2nd story apt here for security reasons, but ended up getting a apt on the first floor and my whole world changed! No more climbing stairs with the groceries, or to walk the dog. No more konking out on the couch just to climb stairs up to my bedroom, etc. In my moms house, we had 2 stories including a basement (So 3 levels) with the washer and dryer downstairs, now that was a major PITA. I would just put all my laundry in a basket, and toss it down 2 flights of stairs and have to lug all that back up

I was looking at some contemporary style houses here with 3 floors and a rooftop deck. Really cool concept but after the first month, i think i would want to stab myself.

Next important thing is a 2 car garage, one side for bikes and the other side for the car.

Now i wouldn't mind a basement, only because i wouldn't go down there everyday.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #33
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Next important thing is a 2 car garage, one side for bikes and the other side for the car.
Why sell yourself short? 3 car garage FTMFW... means you can have, car, bike, and tools all in the same place with plenty of room to spare.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #34
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

2 story with basement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

I have a 2 story with a finished walkout basement. I've got a lot of stairs in the house but it makes it nice. If the kids are in their room playing I can be in the basement and not hear a peep out of them. It's 5 bedrooms and 4 baths with an dedicated office coming to about 3,500 sqft total living space. Not huge but it's comfortable.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #36
MILK
The cows want you dead.

We have a ranch. It does have a bonus room, but I don't even like that. It's basically a giant attic anyway.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #37
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Why sell yourself short? 3 car garage FTMFW... means you can have, car, bike, and tools all in the same place with plenty of room to spare.
If I ever build a garage, it will be a min 3 stall oversized double deep.

Right now I have a 32 X 30 2.5 stall... and it's really just not big enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #38
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I have a 2 story with a finished walkout basement. I've got a lot of stairs in the house but it makes it nice. If the kids are in their room playing I can be in the basement and not hear a peep out of them. It's 5 bedrooms and 4 baths with an dedicated office coming to about 3,500 sqft total living space. Not huge but it's comfortable.
I already posted that mine is similar to this with my master on the top floor.

Well part of my walkout basement is my garage which is located on the backside of the house.

I HATE when I'm in the car getting ready to leave and then realize I've forgotten something and it's in the freakin' master bedroom...yep 3 stories up !!

My house is pretty cool and we like it but I admit...the stairs can get sort of old.

Our deck is on the 2nd floor with a patio underneath...that's pretty neat too.

Oh yeah...no kids either.

Last edited by z06boy; 04-09-2009 at 01:08 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #39
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I already posted that mine is similar to this with my master on the top floor.

Well part of my walkout basement is my garage which is located on the backside of the house.

I HATE when I'm in the car getting ready to leave and then realize I've forgotten something and it's in the freakin' master bedroom...yep 3 stories up !!

My house is pretty cool and we like it but I admit...the stairs can get sort of old.

Our deck is on the 2nd floor with a patio underneath...that's pretty neat too.

Oh yeah...no kids either.
The master is on the main floor, 3 bedrooms upstairs and a guest suite in the basement. Makes it nice so that on the rare occasion we get freaky.... the kids or guests that we may have over won't hear us. Our master has 17 ft ceilings so there is nobody above me.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #40
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

2-story for me - with a large 2nd floor balcony off the master bedroom, w/d upstairs is also a must.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote