Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #31
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
So one thing that everyone had there panties in a bunch is actually somewhat true...And in what world do we live in where you don't have a 24/7 internet connection? Having it "Check" In everyday wont hinder me at all...My current 360 is always connected to the internet currently.

Used games...I dont really buy used games...To the people that do...Def sucks but shit happens and

I dont share games with anyone either...With the power of the internet I play the games with my friends who also bought the game. Thats what Xbox Live is for? I seriously have maybe shared one game with my buddy over the course of ten years of playing my xbox.

All these issues are just people nitpicking it apart because People just like to bitch.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #32
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Small town people that get price gouged for shitty dsl. Also people that travel with their consoles.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #33
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
So one thing that everyone had there panties in a bunch is actually somewhat true...And in what world do we live in where you don't have a 24/7 internet connection? Having it "Check" In everyday wont hinder me at all...My current 360 is always connected to the internet currently.

Used games...I dont really buy used games...To the people that do...Def sucks but shit happens and

I dont share games with anyone either...With the power of the internet I play the games with my friends who also bought the game. Thats what Xbox Live is for? I seriously have maybe shared one game with my buddy over the course of ten years of playing my xbox.

All these issues are just people nitpicking it apart because People just like to bitch.
Lots of people still don't have internet. A lot of people don't live in cities or have access to broadband. It's a stupid thing to do to cut an entire group of people out of even being able to play the system.

I also bring my 360 on work trips and a lot of hotels I stay in either have shit internet, paid internet, and sometimes no internet at all. I am also not a fan of connecting my system to it cause people can easily hack those hotel wireless systems. I liked Microsoft and may have gotten a One, but this pretty much is the death blow for me and I definitely won't get one.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Lots of people still don't have internet. A lot of people don't live in cities or have access to broadband. It's a stupid thing to do to cut an entire group of people out of even being able to play the system.

I also bring my 360 on work trips and a lot of hotels I stay in either have shit internet, paid internet, and sometimes no internet at all. I am also not a fan of connecting my system to it cause people can easily hack those hotel wireless systems. I liked Microsoft and may have gotten a One, but this pretty much is the death blow for me and I definitely won't get one.
Agreed. I took my original 360 with me to Iraq, was nice to be able to play during down time. Internet out there was like glorified dial-up, so having a constant internet connection was not exactly a reliable gig (sand storms take out satellite connectivity on a regular basis), assuming you were fortunate to have internet in your living area at all. If you're stationed at a FOB, odds are there isn't (non-government) internet except if there's an MWR tent, and bandwidth isn't great.. I'll stick to the 360 for now, particularly if I have to go downrange again.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #35
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

There's also the matter of graphics. Just based on the game previews shown already, they haven't made any progress. Not a big deal for their new target demographic, people who don't really care much for gaming. But for those of us who look forward to new game capabilities and fresher looks (you know, the people who have made gaming consoles successful for the last 25 years), it's kind of a big "fuck you."

Enter the "just get a gaming PC" crowd. No. I don't like to fuck around with PC games, or gaming PC's. I like console games. I've contributed to the success of console games for decades. But now console makers have decided they don't care for my business. That's fine, doesn't really hurt me any and probably won't hurt them, but they can go fuck themselves all the same.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by fatbuckRTO; 06-10-2013 at 09:47 AM..
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #36
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I dont really see the issue with 24/7 Connectivity. If you have internet what does it matter?

Blah Blah Blah...You not buying it won't hurt there wallets any.
Tell that to anyone who tried to play the new Sim City for the first month it was out. Its no big deal when everything works but thats not always the case and then your console becomes a $400-500 paperweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Definitely, at the time it was released the PS3 was one of the most capable BluRay players available and a similar or lower price than other stand-alone players on the market. Instead of just being purely focused on gaming it was a high end "entertainment" machine. People were willing to pay a premium for that at the time. After 5 or 6 years I rarely play games on mine anymore but I still use it almost daily, and it is the only source I have ever used, for BluRay and Netflix.
PS3 is probably the best Netflix device out there and one of the best BluRay and Media Center devices. I rarely play console games these days but I use it every day for media streaming from my iMac. Ill probably get a PS4 although the new Kinect sounds like it might be very cool.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #37
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

This is my go to site for phones, but they've been doing some console news recently. This is pretty interesting leaving it up to Devs to decide...

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06...ils-confirmed/
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
PS3 is probably the best Netflix device out there and one of the best BluRay and Media Center devices. I rarely play console games these days but I use it every day for media streaming from my iMac. Ill probably get a PS4 although the new Kinect sounds like it might be very cool.
Not even close, I wouldn't even put it in the top 5, dollar for dollar, something like a Roku or even an Apple TV if you are an Apple person will be a much much much much better Netflix device for an average user, especially a non gamer. Better multimedia customization and availability, not to mention integration with other devices. Just simply better.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #39
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Ill make my own damn console and games.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #40
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Netflix worked great on my Boxee, when I still had Netflix.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote