Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #31
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Very nice. You gotta kinda feel bad for people who don't have time to own a dog....no security system in the world beats a good, loyal dog.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #32
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Very nice. You gotta kinda feel bad for people who don't have time to own a dog....no security system in the world beats a good, loyal dog.

THIS!!!!!

( and guns)

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #33
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Truth.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #34
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Every time I see a home invasion story where someone sneaks in (like that one where the two guys knocked the Doctor Dad over the head, raped his wife and daughters, then burned them to death) I just shake my head and wonder where their Rottweiler was...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #35
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Every time I see a home invasion story where someone sneaks in (like that one where the two guys knocked the Doctor Dad over the head, raped his wife and daughters, then burned them to death) I just shake my head and wonder where their Rottweiler was...
Couldn't get one because their homeowners insurance would drop them...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #36
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Indeed. I have a chocolate lab named Loki who is the best damn alarm system. She even barks at the neighbor's kids when they're playing in their back yard. The other dog (a God-knows-what-mix.. muttzarilla) barks at stuff... but usually without any relevance whatsoever to "threat"... like a rowing machine. Or when we pulled the fridge out to unplug it. He is the token dopey dog. But he'll bark at whatever Loki is barking at, so the two combined I think would make any would-be intruder at least think twice.

Barring that... there's a .45 Glock and a .40 S&W Springfield XD(m) in the house.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Last edited by Archren; 12-21-2010 at 11:43 AM..
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #37
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Indeed. I have a chocolate lab named Loki who is the best damn alarm system. She even barks at the neighbor's kids when they're playing in their back yard. The other dog (a God-knows-what-mix.. muttzarilla) barks at stuff... but usually without any relevance whatsoever to "threat"... like a rowing machine. Or when we pulled the fridge out to unplug it. He is the token dopey dog. But he'll bark at whatever Loki is barking at, so the two combined I think would make any would-be intruder at least think twice.

Barring that... there's a .45 Glock and a .40 S&W Springfield XD(m) in the house.
Taco's just now starting to bark at stuff other than his toys and the door when he has to go out... He'll look out the back door and do this half-bark stuff and when I'm walking him and someone approaches from an angle or behind us, he will do the same - sometimes with one or two full on barks.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #38
miztress6
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
its alot harder to shoot somebody than it is to say it

he had a legal opp. to shoot him, cuz i'm sure quack was in fear for his life. which is reason enough to

ed here
The only thing that makes it hard for me is that I would have to peel Bane and Bianca off the fuck to shoot him. When you've been a victim once you'll never be a victim again..trust me
miztress6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #39
quackPOT
Grand Master Fu

Moto: Ducati Multistrada GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
its alot harder to shoot somebody than it is to say it

he had a legal opp. to shoot him, cuz i'm sure quack was in fear for his life. which is reason enough to

ed here
If the thief had lunged at me through the window or presented a weapon, I would have blasted him. But his hands were empty and he immediately took a step back and raised his hands. So he gets to live a little longer. The LEO Sgt. that showed up thanked me for not shooting the kid. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Why was your window unlocked?
That was the roommate's doing. We had a nice, long talk last night when she got home from work about the importance of security in the home. I think this scared her into compliance from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
PPS...

My congratulations on keeping a cool head and a strong response.
After he emptied out his shorts, I would imagine he had time to reflect on the glory of life and what a lucky little fucker he was....

Now make sure that you have a locking gun safe so when he and his little band of texting friends come back they can't steal your iron....
I've got a gun vault for my firearms, but I do hope to get a big ass, heavy safe eventually. As he was running away from the window, I yelled as loud as I could that if he ever came back, or if I ever saw him around the complex again, I would absolutely shoot him in his fucking face.

If he comes back after all this, he deserves to get shot for his audacity/stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
What kind of dog do you have?

If I were a thief I wouldn't have fucked around with a house with a dog, regardless of size. Even if the dog is too small to hurt you, the noise would have me panicked... of course, I'm not a douche who B&E's either...
I am/was totally surprised that he chose to still attempt entry into my home with Lola barking at him. She's a fair sized dog and was very vocal about telling this PoS to stay away. Yet he still came...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
Wow. Shits crazy.

we have 2 large dogs who hate strangers and multiple guns through the house.

and Castle law FTW
AZ has subscribed to the Castle Doctrine as well. The Sgt. thanked me a couple times for not being trigger happy and blasting this kid. Although, as I mentioned already, if he had made a move at me or presented a weapon of any kind, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Should have grabbed him once he was all the way in
Honestly, in hindsight, I kinda wish I had my shotgun in the house. Had I been a little more composed, I would have waited till his head popped through the blinds and then slammed the butt of the gun into his face. Then chamber a round and stick the muzzle in his bloody stump of a nose.

Quote:
I love this dog. She is such a damn good animal. She will be getting spoiled rotten for the remainder of the holidays.
quackPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #40
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I'd say you handled the situation as well as could be expected.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote