Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
When we turn off our light - we would yell with the door closed when people that still ring the bell. "Lights are off, we're not playing"
yeah lights off doesnt work. I had every light off in the house and it look completely empty from the street and the fuckers would still ring it.

If it's a gated community, I wouldn't expect kids to trick or treat and would agree with the note. You live in a gated community to have privacy and security. Trick or treating invites people from outside the community to come in.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #32
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

People still trick or treat in America? Seems like most people don't even know their neighbors names these days. They just pull into their garage and shut themselves in for the entire night. Not to mention most neighborhoods don't even have sidewalks these days, because they are a "new sprawl" development that wasn't designed for that.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
People still trick or treat in America? Seems like most people don't even know their neighbors names these days. They just pull into their garage and shut themselves in for the entire night. Not to mention most neighborhoods don't even have sidewalks these days, because they are a "new sprawl" development that wasn't designed for that.
Most in America want to feel like they are in a small town, therefore behave how they think people in small towns would behave [a la picket fences]. It's like weekend warrior riders behaving like outlaws because they THINK actual riders behave that way.

They don't have sidewalks in SF? That's weird.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #34
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
You'd better stop making sense....don't you know we (and apparently our neighbors in the GWN) live in a hyper sensitive, it's all about ME society? You start taking away people's reasons for flying off the fucking handle into intolerable levels of being offended and there will be problems.

I'm with you....don't want to participate? Leave the porch light off....put a sign on your door. Easy...why try to force your desire not to participate on everyone else?!
Actually WE don't need to put up any signs. Lights off and no decorations? The kids just pass right on by. As far as I can tell this isn't about anyone complaining. It's about a company thinking that it can dictate social policy.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #35
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
As far as I can tell this isn't about anyone complaining. It's about a company thinking that it can dictate social policy.
I don't disagree with you at all....that is exactly the point I am making. I don't understand why the company feels like they must get involved in making a decision that affects the entire community rather than allowing the individuals living in that community to make a decision for themselves as to whether or not they will participate in trick or treating.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #36
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
That's more dumb than issuing the demand letter.

When I lived in a condo - they gave out magnets that could be stuck to the outside of your metal front door. These said "not participating" for people that didn't want to open the door for trick-or-treaters.

That way, kids can go trick-or-treating and people that don't want to play aren't bothered.
At least they can egg your house from the street without having to check for candy first.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #37
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Most in America want to feel like they are in a small town, therefore behave how they think people in small towns would behave [a la picket fences]. It's like weekend warrior riders behaving like outlaws because they THINK actual riders behave that way.

They don't have sidewalks in SF? That's weird.
Yeah, in the city there's sidewalks..........I'm talking about suburbs though. Seems like most suburbs these days (all over the country) don't have sidewalks anymore. I am talking about the newer suburbs/developments that were created in the last 20 years.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #38
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Piss in their mailbox.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

My neighborhood has sidewalks and it's only 5 years old. Where I grew up, it didn't have sidewalks. Seems like there was a time gap that some subdivisions didn't get em, but they are becoming more common again around here. I think people realized it sucked without them.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #40
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
My neighborhood has sidewalks and it's only 5 years old. Where I grew up, it didn't have sidewalks. Seems like there was a time gap that some subdivisions didn't get em, but they are becoming more common again around here. I think people realized it sucked without them.
Agreed, there was a huge gap in the popularity of sidewalks, but ive def seen them more and more in new developments