Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #31
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Some times when you get down to those old hardwood floors they are actually the subfloor. Depending on the age of the house they may just be a smooth cut cedar that was not intended to actually be a "Hardwood Floor". The problem therein lies that its not gonna be thick enough to sand down and no matter how much you sand it won't quite look right.
I put down an engineered hardwood flooring in my place on the whole entire frrst floor excluding the bathroom. Gas Man helped and knows how much of a pita it is to get the whole floor done with no room change seems. We were able to lay it all down as one continuous track. That being said the floor has held up these past two years incredibly, and I have two kids that like to rough around and my wife has this infatuation with moving the furniture around to "Change" the house just a little.
Most engineered hardwoods are great and have a very long lasting finish. We got a walnut handshaved finish so its a nice deep rich color to show the grain and there is a textured finish so that it doesn't feel like that ultra smooth manufactured feeling like the Pergo or laminate type flooring.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote