Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #31
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I agree that those that cheat on their spouses deserve to be punished, quite frankly, it should still be illegal. That being said, I don't agree with all this monetary payout stuff. $100,000,000? That's ridiculous. Maybe if she had taught him how to play golf or something but exactly how was she instrumental is his earning of wealth? If they started a business together, maybe but he was already rich when they met. I've never believed that an adult deserves to be paid by the other adult after a divorce... she should go get a job. He has already supported her in the lap of luxury for however long they have been together, she hasn't worked akaik. She has gotten all of her needs fulfilled and her wishes granted. Heck, if you want to do a financial analysis of the situation, she owes him money! Of course you all realize that this doesn't include whatever the child support is going to be.... Fixed and single is where it's at, baby!!!
Wait, we already put more people in jail than any other country....and you want to jail people for infidelity?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #32
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Doesn't make a bit of difference. She's taking what she didn't earn, that's stealing.

I'm not saying she's broken a law and deserves to be in jail. I'm saying that deep in her heart, she's a thief and a whore. Stealing $100 million dollars is a much worse action than fucking a bunch of willing women.
Since when are people ever paid what they really earned?

And I doubt any of this is coming from her. She has a team that is more than likely fighting tooth and nail for this whole thing.

The only thing I can think is that she might need a lot of money to have security, etc. I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying that she has been thrust into the spotlight and might want to protect the kids too.

He's ugly. She's hot. He was the provider. So now he's going to provide for the rest of her life. Not necessarily right, but looks like it's going that way.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Wait, we already put more people in jail than any other country....and you want to jail people for infidelity?
Okay, as with all of these types of discussions, you have two choices, you can argue for the way things are or for the way you wish they were. When dealing with a discussion/debate I normally choose to debate for the way I wish things were. Besides, there are many other punishments besides imprisonment. How about a big red "A" tattooed on the forehead? Public lashing? Adulterers database like child molesters? Banning from ever getting remarried? I don't agree with the payout to her. She's been displayed as the innocent little angel but we don't know that. She must have known about this problem from the start, how could she not? Heck, he was probably cheating on someone else with her! She knew he needed an abnormal amount of sex, perhaps she purposely without sex from him until he cheated? Besides, the brother is half black and half Chinese, black guys are CHRONIC cheaters and there's a reason why China has the world's largest population...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #34
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Bullshit. She has the choice to do the right thing and not steal something she did nothing for.
He had the choice to not sign the contract. He had the choice (apparently many timers) not to act in a way that put him in default of that contract. He had the choice not to have kids that deserve to be kept in the lifestyle that they were raised to expect. He had a bunch of choices. It's his own fault that he made the wrong ones, knowing what the consequences could be.

... and isn't that what so many people on this board espouse; personal responsibility?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
He had the choice to not sign the contract. He had the choice (apparently many timers) not to act in a way that put him in default of that contract. He had the choice not to have kids that deserve to be kept in the lifestyle that they were raised to expect. He had a bunch of choices. It's his own fault that he made the wrong ones, knowing what the consequences could be.

... and isn't that what so many people on this board espouse; personal responsibility?
He is still going to pay an astronomical amount in child support on top of this payout.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #36
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

THIS is what I agree with.

Whatever her involvement or intentions, he made choices.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
THIS is what I agree with.

Whatever her involvement or intentions, he made choices.
Oh I agree but this is ridiculous! Alimony was initially invented to help support the poor, weak, helpless women who were cast aside by heartless men, get back on their feet after a divorce but now it's turned into a punishment tool. That's not what it was intended to be.

Let's try this, what if they were getting a divorce just because they couldn't get along. Should she still get a bunch of money? She still did the same amount of "work", she still put the same time in, has the same kids....now what?

What if she had been the one to cheat? Should she get nothing? What about the kids now? What if there weren't any kids, does she still "deserve" money?

He should take care of his kids, period, she can take care of herself... Heck, the child support would probably be more than all of us put together make anyway.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #38
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Yes we can totally draw a parallel between someone who leaves their car unlocked and someone who commits mitigated adultery time after time. That is fair.
So she is entitled to a divorce. What makes women think they are entitled to half of what the guy has? Because a court says so or because she WAS in it for the cash. Just looking for a payout IMO...like all the other golddiggers.

If she truely just wanted out of it, she would divorce and let him keep his money.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #39
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I agree that those that cheat on their spouses deserve to be punished, quite frankly, it should still be illegal.
i think it is illegal in alot of states still, just not prosecuted. heard of some cases recently where they are being charged w/ adultry.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/woman-c...ry?id=10857437

"Suzanne M. Corona of Batavia, N.Y., became only the 13th person in the history of New York to be charged with adultery when she was arrested last Friday along with Justin Amend"
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #40
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
OK, how about the simple reality then. This isn't theft; it's a breach of contract case. Woods made a deal. He failed to abide by the contract that he signed. He now pays the penalties for that breach. It's really that simple.

If you can't abide by the terms of a contract, don't sign it.

And what contract do you speak of? There was no prenup, right?

The only contract they broke was if they swore before God to be together until death. Other than that, no contract was breached.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote