Reality Show?
I'm sure fox is wiriting the script right now

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #32
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

Did I miss something here.....who fathered this baby? Who had sex with a 10/11 year old in the first place. Was this a developed 11 year old who was experimenting or was this the shady uncle who came to visit and the parents were against abortion? I find this troubling at best.

My daughter is 13, lives with her mom in AZ and has had multiple sex conversations and is fully versed on how babies are made.....and she has been threatened to within an inch of her life that if she gets pregnant before she turns 18, she will not see her 18th birthday nor any others. Whom ever decides to get her pregnant will suffer an equal consequence no matter what punishment I have to suffer.

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy View Post
My daughter is 13, lives with her mom in AZ and has had multiple sex conversations and is fully versed on how babies are made.....and she has been threatened to within an inch of her life that if she gets pregnant before she turns 18, she will not see her 18th birthday nor any others. Whom ever decides to get her pregnant will suffer an equal consequence no matter what punishment I have to suffer.
You know, you're exactly the person I'd want to go to if I ever got pregnant as a teenage girl....

Some of you Daddy-boys need to lighten the fuck up and have a conversation with your daughters rather than just threaten to kill them. And, I know, I know... it's the internet and it's easier to post something about "killing them" or "grounding them until their 30" as an unrealistic solution rather than posting about the steps you've taken with the young women in your lives to prevent it in the first place...

Take my ex-husband, for example. I wanted our 15-year-old on birth control pills. He got angry and told me it's his job as her father to "keep her off the pole" [no, I don't know what that means.]

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #34
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
You know, you're exactly the person I'd want to go to if I ever got pregnant as a teenage girl....

Some of you Daddy-boys need to lighten the fuck up and have a conversation with your daughters rather than just threaten to kill them. And, I know, I know... it's the internet and it's easier to post something about "killing them" or "grounding them until their 30" as an unrealistic solution rather than posting about the steps you've taken with the young women in your lives to prevent it in the first place...

Take my ex-husband, for example. I wanted our 15-year-old on birth control pills. He got angry and told me it's his job as her father to "keep her off the pole" [no, I don't know what that means.]
I'm with you on this. I dont have kids. But threatening to kill them if they get pregnant? Lets be realistic here. What does that accomplish?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #35
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'm with you on this. I dont have kids. But threatening to kill them if they get pregnant? Lets be realistic here. What does that accomplish?
A daughter that won't tell you...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #36
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I agree not to threaten them, that won't help. But at 11? You're probably not ready to have the "talk" yet. Maybe... though. I know I've talked a little about that thing with my daughter and she knows how babies are made. But I don't think she comprehends having sex just to have sex yet.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #37
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
My daughter turns 10 next week. It might be a good time to buy a cage to keep her locked in. I still couldn't imagine how I'd feel if something like this happened to my daughter.. Talk about the ultimate failure as a parent.
Nah dude, not the ultimate failure as a parent as even children have free will and make their own decisions. However, there is much a parent can do to educate their children and prevent this kind of thing.

I'm really referring more to teenage kids...this whole 11 year old thing is hard to grasp. I was at least 13 before I started wanting to impregnate classmates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I agree not to threaten them, that won't help. But at 11? You're probably not ready to have the "talk" yet. Maybe... though. I know I've talked a little about that thing with my daughter and she knows how babies are made. But I don't think she comprehends having sex just to have sex yet.
I don't have a daughter, and I hope I never do, but that has to be rough talking to a young girl about sex. My son is 6 and he knows about sex, of course that has to do more with me and his mother being WAAAY too loud in the bedroom when we *thought* he was asleep. However, I probably would've began his sex education by now anyway. My opinion is that as long as sexual intercourse brought you into the world you're never too young to learn about it.

Its just a function of life and should not be taboo at all. The whole "sex is bad and scary and evil" mentality that prevails in America continuously blows my fucking mind. I'm not going to make my son turn his head if some titties come on the TV...because titties are awesome. Is he going to chose to turn his head? Well, yea probably. Life is life, and anytime my kid asks me a question about anything, he's going to get an upfront and honest answer. There is no fucking stork, in other words.

I also agree with Zoomie that abstinence only education has a definite negative effect on teen pregnancy and STD rates. Public schools have no right whatsoever imposing their moral values on children. Abstinence-only sex ed is largely a Christian based concept that the school should not be pushing on children. In fact, I DO NOT want my son to abstain from sex until he gets married. Schools should be about one thing, education. And as sex is a very significant part of life and the continuation of the human species, it should be taught in a very matter of fact way without any moral implications. I feel the same way about religion, which is also extremely taboo in school. I can tell you from my experience that the abstinence only education I went through in public schools had ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on any sexually related decisions I made as a teenager, as far as my desire to remain a virgin.

What DID affect my sexual mentality was the sex talk my father had with me when I was 10. And when it came time for me to pop some cherries, I did it with a condom, because that's what he taught me. I'm 28 now and despite having numerous sexual partners I've never gotten anyone pregnant and I've never had an STD. So, thanks Dad!

BTW, Sarah Palin's daughter getting pregnant is one of the most hilarious news stories of our time.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird

Last edited by Kaneman; 02-05-2010 at 05:06 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #38
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
11 is young to be already menstruating. Poor kid and kid.
11 is not too young to be menstruating. I have taken 2 adolescent psychology classes and girls are starting to drop them earlier and earlier. There was a flow chart over the last 50 years and it has shown a steady downward curve in age, and more doctors are seeing girls as early as 9 or 10 develop. While someone above was on the right track with the additives in the food and drinks, they are missing the big picture.... the food! Children today are eating more than the children of say the 60's, and generally there is just more food available. This in turn provides more nutrition and more fat storage in young girls. Of course the hightened nutrition speeds up development of the body, but the fat storage is the key. Excess fat triggers the pituitary gland which starts the flow of those crazy "female" horomones...

Just like when you have an anorexic/bulemic girl that stops menstruating.... lack of nutrients and lack of fat stop the trigger horomone release.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #39
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
There was a flow chart...

Well named.

JC
Old 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #40
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
11 is not too young to be menstruating. I have taken 2 adolescent psychology classes and girls are starting to drop them earlier and earlier. There was a flow chart over the last 50 years and it has shown a steady downward curve in age, and more doctors are seeing girls as early as 9 or 10 develop. While someone above was on the right track with the additives in the food and drinks, they are missing the big picture.... the food! Children today are eating more than the children of say the 60's, and generally there is just more food available. This in turn provides more nutrition and more fat storage in young girls. Of course the hightened nutrition speeds up development of the body, but the fat storage is the key. Excess fat triggers the pituitary gland which starts the flow of those crazy "female" horomones...

Just like when you have an anorexic/bulemic girl that stops menstruating.... lack of nutrients and lack of fat stop the trigger horomone release.
Just to compare the times, my mom had her period at 16, I had mine at 13, and my baby cousin had hers at 9! But she's a little fattie. They used to have to ban her from the fridge No one expected her to menstruate so early so no one taught her about it, poor kid had no idea why she was bleeding.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote