Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #31
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
School should be used as a preparation for basic-advanced life skills, things you do or might have to do everyday as an adult. Manage your finances, monitor your credit, change a flat tire, run from point a to point b, solve a mathematically based problem, apply histories lessons to your own life and society as well and so on and so forth.

Instead it is used as a primarily preparation for college even though many students won't be attending. And secondly as a daily preparation for standardized tests that make the school look good or bad. You know how many standardized tests I've taken since I got out of high school? That's right, fucking none....but goddamn if we didn't practice for them everyday of my 4 years in HS. What a complete waste.

Using your body in a physical manner is something everyone of us does everyday. We should be all be trained in balance, strength, hand-eye coordination, etc. This is EVERY bit as important as math, science or even reading. Keeping your kid weak, flabby and sunless should not be an option for you just as sending them with a note to skip math because its too hard is not an option either. In fact, if you want weak flabby kids then home school them. The system that educates the majority of our population needs to put a very large emphasis on shaping us up.

Furthermore, from an education stand point, physically fit people perform much better on an intellectual level as well. One feeds the other. Strong bodies make for strong minds. This should be 100% common sense, kids who are exercised behave better and pay attention better.

ADHD, fat children, disease ridden schools, lack of confidence? Give me a motherfucking break. No shit kids can't sit still in class, they haven't gotten the first bit of exercise in a whole goddamn week. This is one more reason we are to fail as a society. Physical laziness.
While I think this makes sense from a logical point of view, realistically it doesn't. You need people with specialized talent to make the world go round. You always have a large base who excel at nothing, but can perform common sense tasks. But...a jack of all trades cannot perform open heart surgery, fly a jet or design a circuit board. Point being whether their BMI is 30 or less shouldn't really matter.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #32
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
if nothing else, in the end it'll be the messicans vs the chinks in a race war........whitey and blackie will no longer count as their #'s are dwindling.
chinks = just chinese, you forgot about indians, indonesians, etc.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #33
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

indonesians are gonna get swept away when the polar ice caps melts so no worries their #'s will dwindle significantly, indians don't eat beef so their wooses. now worries about them.........lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #34
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
While I think this makes sense from a logical point of view, realistically it doesn't. You need people with specialized talent to make the world go round. You always have a large base who excel at nothing, but can perform common sense tasks. But...a jack of all trades cannot perform open heart surgery, fly a jet or design a circuit board. Point being whether their BMI is 30 or less shouldn't really matter.
I'm not talking about BMI, I'm talking about basic physical fitness and muscle development that is part of the human species. I'm in no way advocating preparing all U.S. students to play in the NFL, run marathons, ride a bicycle 80 miles in a day or anything of the sort. Basic physical fitness and upkeep for all physically able humans.

Those with disabilities should have modified guidelines so that they too can be at the best of their physical ability. There will still be those that are taller, shorter, chubbier and skinnier...but we should all meet a minimum requirement as part of our public education.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #35
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Its not about being the smartest in the school, its about being the best physical specimen that you as an individual can possibly be.

You wanna have a health care debate? The first step to a true solution starts here.
That is your priority. I wish you well at it. An overwhelming majority of Americans are not interested in, to paraphrase, being the best physical specimen they can possibly be though. That is a great thing about this country; people can decide what their priorities are (health, education, video games, etc.) and allocate their time and energy accordingly. To me imposing your priority on others doesn't sound like a "true solution" to anything.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #36
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
That is your priority. I wish you well at it. An overwhelming majority of Americans are not interested in, to paraphrase, being the best physical specimen they can possibly be though. That is a great thing about this country; people can decide what their priorities are (health, education, video games, etc.) and allocate their time and energy accordingly. To me imposing your priority on others doesn't sound like a "true solution" to anything.
I don't give a flying fuck what they're interested in, when I become king of the public school system those little fuckers are going to learn how to keep their bodies in basic shape...or they're going to fail at life and school.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 11-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #37
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I don't give a flying fuck what they're interested in, when I become king of the public school system those little fuckers are going to learn how to keep their bodies in basic shape...or they're going to fail at life and school.
There are plenty of fit people who fail at life.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #38
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
There are plenty of fit people who fail at life.
No shit, its not the point.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

We already require kids to meet certain standards in math, reading and writing. So in effect, they are already being "imposed upon"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #40
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
I'm not talking about BMI, I'm talking about basic physical fitness and muscle development that is part of the human species. I'm in no way advocating preparing all U.S. students to play in the NFL, run marathons, ride a bicycle 80 miles in a day or anything of the sort. Basic physical fitness and upkeep for all physically able humans.

Those with disabilities should have modified guidelines so that they too can be at the best of their physical ability. There will still be those that are taller, shorter, chubbier and skinnier...but we should all meet a minimum requirement as part of our public education.
We evolved to be physically fit since you couldn't go to a drive up Mickey D's and order a hamburger. However, now it is simply not needed other than to reduce health care costs.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote