Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #31
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I have no fear of heights so I'd do it! Those guys make BANK!!!
So do crack dealers, and it's not any less hazardous.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That place is really different from the last time I was there(1993). I don't even recognize the skyline. It's a cool city and they are very "western" tolerant so jokes about crashing planes into their buildings is really not funny. They do have a ton of money, their police cars are Mercedes Benz. They are also one of the very few places in the middle east you can drink alcohol.
Okay, I totally apologize about my very inappropriate joke... Besides, "we" don't have to do anything to them, I'm sure that the Muslim extremists have them squarely in their sights as traitors, infidels and blasphemers! Heck, they probably hate them more than they hate us!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
So do crack dealers, and it's not any less hazardous.
Aw come on, when was the last time you heard of a crane operator dying on the job? If you want to worry about someone, worry about the monkeys that have to stand on the steel and "catch/attach" the new girders. Now THAT'S man's work there buddy!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #34
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Okay, I totally apologize about my very inappropriate joke... Besides, "we" don't have to do anything to them, I'm sure that the Muslim extremists have them squarely in their sights as traitors, infidels and blasphemers! Heck, they probably hate them more than they hate us!
Hey I'm just saying they are not like other Islamic countries. Most people don't know how "westernized" they have become. Just trying to educate Tigs, not laying the smack down on you or anything.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Aw come on, when was the last time you heard of a crane operator dying on the job? If you want to worry about someone, worry about the monkeys that have to stand on the steel and "catch/attach" the new girders. Now THAT'S man's work there buddy!!!
When was the last time you heard of a crack dealer dying on the job? Not because it doesn't happen, it's because it's not news worthy, but that's an entirely different subject..
Old 10-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Hey I'm just saying they are not like other Islamic countries. Most people don't know how "westernized" they have become. Just trying to educate Tigs, not laying the smack down on you or anything.
Oh I'm not taking it that way at all! Now that I can sleep regular and ain't sick all the time, my demeanor is 100% better!!! I'm actually fully versed in the Middle East and am always trying to learn more, know your enemy I always say. Heck, I took Russian back when I was stationed in Europe during the Cold War!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
When was the last time you heard of a crack dealer dying on the job? Not because it doesn't happen, it's because it's not news worthy, but that's an entirely different subject..
Um just this week... I'll see if I can find the story. Our local news covers it every time someone is shot/killed. Apparently, loss of life is more "news worthy" here than it is there...
Old 10-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
They are actually pretty two faced about that, tourists don't really see it because that's their new oil, but it's there. My parents got a more accurate view living there for a few years. They have strange laws, most accidents are always a tourists fault because you were there in their country, they have eased up on this one more. My parents had their house broken into by locals and basically were told tough shit. If the robbers wouldn't have left when the alarm went off and my dad would of confronted them and hit them with the baseball bat he had to protect them, he would of went to jail because he is a foreigner and they are locals. The locals break into the houses where my dad and mom lived a lot during christmas because it was a compound for the oil company and everyone (foreigners because the locals pretty much don't work and contract all that shit out) usually went home for christmas holidays, but my dad and mom were home that season when it happened. It's a weird place, they allow the tourists a little more freedom because they are greedy sons a bitches. The Russians really fuck with them there. The russian women basically wear nothing and it drives em fucking crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #39
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Um just this week... I'll see if I can find the story. Our local news covers it every time someone is shot/killed. Apparently, loss of life is more "news worthy" here than it is there...
With around 800 homicides a year the city picks and chooses which are reported. Most of the crack dealer shootings arent news worthy unless theres some collateral damage. hell most of the shootings/murders that come through our ER or kings county arent newsorthy unless its a cop.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #40
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
With around 800 homicides a year the city picks and chooses which are reported. Most of the crack dealer shootings arent news worthy unless theres some collateral damage. hell most of the shootings/murders that come through our ER or kings county arent newsorthy unless its a cop.

Tom
Damn

They're just above reporting the general obits every night here