Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Some men like brains in a woman. Others prefer big tits.
Is politics really brains though? Look who is mostly involved in it, I would have to disagree.

Current events and knowing what's going on in the world, doesn't necessarily have to mean that a person has to be politically active or motivated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #32
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Is politics really brains though? Look who is mostly involved in it, I would have to disagree.

Current events and knowing what's going on in the world, doesn't necessarily have to mean that a person has to be politically active or motivated.
Very true. Someone who is aware of what's going on in the world around them (the world - not just their country of residence) is much more attractive than someone who merely knows the politics.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #33
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Seriously? I would think to myself why didn't she find out things about either guy to make a decision.

Intelligence is a huge factor for me too.
I'm guessing it has to do with priorities. Obviously politics aren't important to her. I'd rather people not vote then just vote for the one with the best hair or the prettier wife.

I fail to see how knowing about politics OR current events makes you more intelligent. If that is a priority to you, great...but that doesn't make you intelligent, nor does the lack of interest make you unintelligent. Rocket scientists might not know or care about what is going on in the Philippines at any given moment, but no one would ever question their intelligence.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #34
shmike
Follower

Quote:
If only...

Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Being inquisitive is what's important........Doesn't matter whether it's about politics or some other interest.

People who don't have the desire to learn something a little more weighty than what happened on reality TV last night are unattractive IMO.

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-19-2009 at 10:32 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #36
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I'm guessing it has to do with priorities. Obviously politics aren't important to her. I'd rather people not vote then just vote for the one with the best hair or the prettier wife.

I fail to see how knowing about politics OR current events makes you more intelligent. If that is a priority to you, great...but that doesn't make you intelligent, nor does the lack of interest make you unintelligent. Rocket scientists might not know or care about what is going on in the Philippines at any given moment, but no one would ever question their intelligence.
True true.

Where did I say that knowing about current events means you're intelligent? Maybe you weren't referring to me.

As far as intelligence goes....I prefer someone with a well rounded intelligence. Everyone has certain niche areas of intelligence obviously. I just like someone who is overall fairly smart and holds their own in a lot of arena's.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #37
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I have played a number of arenas, but never holding my own. I always preferred to wait until after the show, and to have it held by a cute girl....preferably a smart one, so we have something to talk about after.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 AM   #38
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I prefer both, but I'll be damned if that isn't hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

Good point.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #39
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Seriously? I would think to myself why didn't she find out things about either guy to make a decision.

Intelligence is a huge factor for me too.
Some people just don't care about politics and/or are too disgusted by the whole thing to even bother. I think those 'vote or die' people are some of the dumbest in the world. It's quite smart to recognize that you don't have enough information to make a decision rather than just picking the guy you like most.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #40
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Some people just don't care about politics and/or are too disgusted by the whole thing to even bother. I think those 'vote or die' people are some of the dumbest in the world. It's quite smart to recognize that you don't have enough information to make a decision rather than just picking the guy you like most.
Absolutely, I just think it isn't the only option. I'm not advocating voting for the sake of voting. But like you said, some people don't care about it so fair enough. Given the circumstances she made a good choice.