Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #32
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
How bout just saying..."this is (insert name here)"? We don't always need our title announced. I personally don't like lady friend. Don't know why.
I think because it sounds "old" that I don't like it. Like something my Dad or Grandpa would say when referring to their, um, "lady friend".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Women should put the seat up for us, that way we don't piss on it because we don't feel like putting it up.
I've actually done this before. I leave it however I find it, although habit has me put the lid down too. I have dogs and don't want the drinking out of their since I put cleaners and such in. Erik has his own bathroom, so not a big deal. Not a big deal either way though.

As for the rest of them, I don't think most apply to me.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #33
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
How bout just saying..."this is (insert name here)"? We don't always need our title announced. I personally don't like lady friend. Don't know why.
I've never said that either, but I don't understand why "X, this is Y" gets panties in such a wad.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I've never said that either, but I don't understand why "X, this is Y" gets panties in such a wad.
Wouldn't get mine in a wad.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #35
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

An open toilet is disgusting and when it flushes germs are free to release upwards. Gross.

Seat and lid down for everyone! Everyone has to move something to pee.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #36
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Lady Friend just sounds stupid and what's even worse is 'old lady'. There is no need for a title, my name will do fine. And if you call me either that's probably the end of our dating anyway so no biggie.

As for the toilet seat I just don't get it. Who cares ! seriously get over it, Who sits without looking anyway?
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #37
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
An open toilet is disgusting and when it flushes germs are free to release upwards. Gross.
Mythbusters busted that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
Lady Friend just sounds stupid and what's even worse is 'old lady'. There is no need for a title, my name will do fine. And if you call me either that's probably the end of our dating anyway so no biggie.

As for the toilet seat I just don't get it. Who cares ! seriously get over it, Who sits without looking anyway?
I also think "lady friend" and "old lady" sound stupid. And agree on the toilet seat. You have to walk toward the toilet, so you can see that the seat is up. Just put it down. Not that tough. My 4 year old has already learned to put the seat down when she goes into the bathroom, and doesn't bitch about it to me, either.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post

This.

If you're stupid enough to sit without looking, you DESERVE to fall in.

BTW, "lady" is a stupid word overall. Can't think of any time when I would ever use it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #39
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Coming from women who get waited on hand and foot.

Reachable at all times? Bitch, some guys actually have jobs so they can support your ass.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #40
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I saw this on yahoo too and man, do I have opinions. Man opinions. Ladies, here's what men will never say to your face about the 12 things we don't know about you.
[QUOTE=Captain Morgan;308101]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
1. Christina Applegate
"Call us back right away. That 'three day' business does not apply. We're getting older, and we don't have time to screw around. Wait too long and we'll lose interest. Trust me on this one."
There is no rule when I will call a girl back. Women cannot survive without head games, played either on themselves, those around them, or me. Thus, no matter when I call you back I know it will be wrong. And fuck your old ass Christina Applegate, if I've got to work two doubles in a row with five hours of sleep you get to wait. If your too desperate to do that then fine, go out and find another sucker to jump at your beck and call.
Quote:
2. Courtney Cox
"We pay closer attention to your hands than you think. It's bad enough if you don't have manly hands, but if your nails are longer than ours, forget it."
I can't disagree with this one. Men shouldn't have long nails.
Quote:
3. Padma Lakshmi
"Some of us prefer boxing to yoga. None of us actually likes Pilates."
And while that may be true, when I get the fights on Saturday night you're still expected to make yourself scarce
Quote:
4. Alyssa Milano
"Women are innately self-conscious. This is not a choice; it's a genderwide condition. On a bad day, I look in the mirror and see my ten-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Bertha. On a really bad day, Bertha sees her two-hundred-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Brian Dennehy."
Awesome, you're a nutjob just like every other chick on the planet. Here's a news flash - men are innately sick of your bullshit. It's a gender-wide frustration, and we've had way more than enough. I don't care if you feel like a blimp are about to slash your wrists - if I say you look fine, I better not hear another goddamn word about it. Fish for self-confidence reinforcement somewhere else. Unless your job is to look good nobody gives a shit, if I do, I'll tell you and yes, it'll be constructive. Stop asking me loaded questions, stop being psycho, and stop expecting a free pass on it.
Quote:
5. Poppy Montgomery
"When considering whether or not to ask out the girl you're afraid to talk to, keep this in mind: No matter who you are or what you look like, it's always flattering when you hit on us. Always."
Sure, that's why you're such bitches about it, because you're flattered?
Quote:
6. Tea Leoni
"Supersecret: Unless we're blind or have no night-light in the bathroom, the whole toilet-seat thing is exaggerated and meant to control you."
Big surprise. We know already, which is why we conveniently "forget"
Quote:
7. Mariska Hargitay
"We love the fact that it takes you only twelve minutes to get ready for anything, be it a black tie [event] or a basketball game. When it takes longer than that... what are you doing in there?"
None of your goddamn business. I'm probably going to the john, which is convenient because that's where I am. Instead of questioning what I'm doing why don't you leave me to enjoy the only private place left to me.
Quote:
"We are all about our necks. Feel free to spend as much time there as you wish."
Awesome for you. I'm all about my penis. Start spending some more time there or the only thing I'll want to do to your neck will take about 15 to 20 minutes and send me to prison.
Quote:
8. Emily Deschanel
"Even if we've only been dating a few weeks, don't introduce us as your 'lady friend' -- or that's exactly what we'll become."
I'll introduce you as whatever pops into my head and seems appropriate. Don't like it? There are lots of less pleasant alternatives, both for names to refer to you by and guys for you to be standing next to. Go investigate some examples of both. If you can go and graphically discuss all sorts of things about me, my body, and our possible future together I can call you whatever I want.
Quote:
9. Jenna Fischer
"If we run into your ex-girlfriend in public, the first thing you should do is put your arm around us. And if we have to introduce ourselves, you are in big trouble."
If we run into my ex-girlfriend in public I'm already going to have a shitty night, so you being a bitch about it is the wrong move, especially if you don't want to be the next ex I run into. Nothing to do with any of my life before you is your business. Let those moments happen free of your meddling and you'll last a lot longer around me.
Quote:
10. Julie Delpy
"We need you to be reachable at all times, but we don't always pick up our phones when you call. We realize this seems like a double standard; if you'd like to discuss it further, just leave a message."
Bitch, if I'm paying for your cell phone you better answer it when I call. I don't care if you're on the phone with God, if I call you better click over and see what the fuck I want. And don't expect to reach me all the time, I have a job. You know, it's that thing I do so I can pay for your cell phone? If I'm busy I'm not answering the phone. Fuck your double standard.
Quote:
11. Maria Bello
"We're afraid of commitment, too. You may think we spend our time scheming ways to trap you into marriage, but many of us are quite happy being independent and autonomous. Besides, we're not in any rush to quit lusting after young Calvin Klein models."
You're a fucking liar Maria Bello. You want to trap us and our money, and while you like looking at Calvin Klein models, if your Victoria Secret catalogue shows up while you're gone I'll get bitched at. Well fuck you.
Quote:
12. Kyra Sedgwick
"Our friends are not your enemies, and our enemies better not be your friends."
Your friends are out to get me and you both and we both fucking know it. As for my friends, again, that's none of your concern. The best course of action is for neither of us to be forced to spend time around each others' friends.